Status: finished!

Along the Horizon.

twentytwo

I am able to move now. I am no longer bounded to the clouds. I reach out my arms, my fingers searching and feeling. I lift my head, coming to a sitting position. I am alone in the vast unknown place. It's white, everything. Even the clothing I am wearing is [url= http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=60606374]white.[/url] Where am I?

I start to see little moving spots along the horizon. Floating heads, as their outfits blends in with the background. Some of the people are old, others are very young, some are carrying babies, who also are draped in the whitest material. Everyone had the same look on their face as they past me; all knew what they were doing, knew where they were going.

I got to my feet quickly, balancing myself. I start to march in the line with them, trying to look like I know what I am doing. As we walk I notice people dropping. How were they dropping, where were they going?

"Excuse me?" I tap a woman on the back of the shoulder. Her silver hair is wrapped in a neat bun, she turns slightly and smiles, deep wrinkles forming around her eyes. "Where are we?"

"Well dear, we're dead," She soft voice tells me simply.

"What? Why are people dropping?"

"They still have more to do in their life, dear."

"But I have more I have to do. I need to graduate, go to college. Get married, have kids!"

"I'm sorry dear," the old lady seems apologetic enough.

"Where are we walking to?"

"A better place," she almost whispers before she vanishes in front of me.

I am standing in place. Facing the crowd of people that are brushing past me. I didn't know what to do. I never felt so alone.

I start feeling a floating feeling in the pit of my stomach. I can no longer feel the ground beneath my feet. Everything is getting lighter. I close my eyes tightly.

When I open them, I am in a park. I remember this park. It was my favorite as a kid. I would play for hours on end on the monkey bars, pretending the mulch below was hot lava, and if I fell, certainly I would die. It was a happy time, back when I was an only child. I stood and watched the children play, wishing that Brady could have enjoyed things like this. Wishing that my dad could have brought him here like he did with me. My dad. Suddenly I knew. The old lady was right, we're going to a better place. This was my better place. I looked towards the bench he always sat at, the one with the direct view of the monkey bars. Sure enough, there he sat, looking at me, waiting for me to make the connection.

I make a snails pace towards the waiting man, still in shock. "Daddy?" I whisper once I've reached him.

"Hi, princess," His voice is warm and inviting.

"Oh daddy, I've missed you," I sob, taking a seat beside him, resting my head on his shoulder.

He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into one of his comforting bear hugs. "I've been waiting for you."

After all of my tears have dried up, I raise my head. "Waiting? How did you know."

"A father always knows. How is Brady, and your mother?"

"Mom was a wreck, probably a wreck all over again now. But she did it. Moved your business, made it successful like you would have. Brady stopped talking for a long time. The only time he really talks is when Logan is around."

"Who is Logan?"

"My boyfriend," I say shyly.

"You're not aloud to date until you're at least fifty, young lady," he joked. Oh it felt so good to see him smile.

"Oh daddy, you would've loved him. He is so nice, and caring, and the way he takes care of not only me but Brady," I pause to gauge my dad's reaction. He is still smiling so I go on. "Logan made life worth living again. I was so ready to give up when you died, but after I met him I realized that I wanted to live. I needed him and he needed me. He still needs me," I whisper my last sentence, realizing that I won't be able to help Logan through his family ordeal. He would have to face his mom and Tom all alone. Hopefully Rachel will be there for him.

"Does he now, why?"

"His step dad is abusive and his mom is addicted to drugs. For awhile he was too. He was self medicating himself because he's bipolar. Tom and his mom got into a fight and now they are both in jail and he already deals with all of the problems in my life, I needed to help him with his life. It's not fair. He's getting cheated."

"Well then go and help him, save him from his life," my dad said simply.

"But I'm dead."

"Not yet. It's not your time yet, by the sounds of it."

"What about you? You'll be lonely."

"No dad wants their seventeen year old daughter to be dead with them."

"It wasn't your time either. We still need you."

"Would you have met Logan if I hadn't died? From the sounds of it, you found each other because of my death."

"Yeah but-"

"No buts. It was my time. Your mom is expanding her mind, Brady is opening up, and you, my beautiful independent daughter, are learning how to rely on others during the rough patches of life."

Tears well up in my eyes. He was right.

"I love you, baby," he whispers.

"I love you too daddy. Wait for me okay?"

"Always Ace, always," he whispers again, grabbing onto my hand, while I shut my eyes.

I feel my hand being squeezed. I open my eyes. I see more white, it's a different kind of white though. I hear a constant beep from a machine. I feel my hand being squeezed again.

"Logan," I croak.

His head shoots up. His hair is messy, eyes puffy and red, his cheeks are stained with tears. "Maggie. Oh my god, you're alive. You're alive, right?" He lets go of my hand, and captures my lips with his.

"I think so, I'm not sure of anything anymore though. I talked to my dad, I told him about you," I said once he pulled away.

"What?" Logan didn't give me enough time to respond. He kisses me again before racing out of my room shouting to the nurse.

An older lady with jet black hair, freckled with white streaks comes in behind Logan when he returns. She checks me over, making sure all my vitals are normal. She asks me some questions, there are a few that I can't answer, like if I knew what happened.

Once she was gone, Logan kisses me again. "Oh Maggie, I'm never letting you out of my sight. I'm putting a microchip in, no buts about it."

I try to laugh but I'm in too much pain. Logan sees me wince. "Oh no baby, are you okay?"

"Yes, I am," I smile up to him. For the first time in a long while, I am really okay, despite the circumstances.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes, you. I was ready to give up. I wanted to. I felt like I was supposed to die in that car crash along with my dad, but now I realize that it wasn't my time. It wasn't my time because I was supposed to meet you. So you could fix us. Fix Brady and myself. Make Brady come out of his shell and make me love. Thank you, thank you so much."

"You're welcome baby, but it was an easy job. You are very easy to love."

"So are you. And I'm going to love you forever, I promise."

"I'll hold you to that."

I shot another goofy grin up to him. "Hows Brady?"

"If he asks tell him, kisses really do wake princesses up, okay? He's missing his two front teeth and looks absolutely ridiculous, but other than that he's Brady."

I watched as Logan went into detail on everything that I've missed. What happened to me, and then to Rachel. What was going to happen to Paul, and my mom's reaction when she found out she was dating a pedophile freak.

I watched his body tense when he talked about certain subjects or relax when he brought up something happy. I couldn't believe that through everything that has happened, he was still here, still confessing how crazy in love he is with me. I am certain this isn't the end of the bumpy road but I know now that I don't ever have to face them alone. I can stare out along the horizon, hand in hand with Logan, ready to bring down the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM DONE! This is the first story I've actually finished, and I have the fans to thank. I love you all so much. Kisses and hugs. xoxo.

Make sure you read my other stories that I will start eventually, and request to be my friend!

Cheers,
Morgan.