Status: finished!

Along the Horizon.

six

All in high spirits as we enter the door to Ernie's, we cheered on our champion. I thought Chandler was cocky before his big win, but nothing compares to how he was acting now. Walking around with his chest puffed out while he struts his stuff. I rolled my eyes and took a seat next to Logan.

Ernie's is a quirky place. Odd, in your face decorations and mismatched place mats. It gave off a laid back coffee house vibe and it was welcoming. Still busy, despite the late hour, an old hunched back man came to our crowded booth. What hair he had left was white and frail, his skin is dark and leathery.

"Ernie!" everyone cheered. This must be the owner of the small, worn out restaurant.

"Well if it isn't my favorite customers after yet another win," his smile pulled at my heart, instantly I was in love with him. Caring and kind like a lovable grandfather. "Who do we have here? It's not everyday that I see a new fresh, and beautiful face."

I beamed up at him. I was never this smiley, it must be the inviting atmosphere.

"Ernie, my good man, this is the ever so lovely Margaret Cartwright," Logan introduced me. Ernie took my hand in his and kissed my knuckles gently, causing me to blush.

The milkshakes were amazing and the fries were crispy and freshly cut. Despite Ernie's old age, he was a magician in the kitchen. Everyone took part in an overlapping conversation, diving from one subject to the next. Everyone besides Logan and myself. We listened and laughed along with the group. Every once in a while I would look up at Logan to see if he found something funny, he would smiley a lazy smile, with his blue eyes twinkling. I found myself getting lost in his stare, captivated by his sharp looks. The muscles deep in my belly twist and turned as Logan dropped a hand to my thigh. He smiled, he felt the charged energy between us too. I never wanted to be alone with someone so much as I do right now. The butterflies that tickled my tummy threatened to flutter out of my mouth every time it opened.

I was disappointed that Logan offered to drive Rachel back my house where her car was parked. Why couldn't he offer me a ride. Just minutes ago his fingers were brushing the inside of my thigh, kicking my brain into over drive. I decided not to dwell on it. I couldn't dwell on it with Chandler's ego squishing us in the car.

It was around eleven thirty when Tina's car pulled in front of my house with Logan and Rachel parked behind.

"I had fun, thanks," I said while Rachel hugged me.

"We'll do it again in two weeks. It's to bad you weren't here for homecoming. At least you'll be apart of the seniors final game."

Everyone said goodbye. Tina and Kyle got back into Tina's car while Chandler and Rachel got into Rachel's shiny yellow bug. I chuckled that car will definitely sore Chandler's manliness. Logan was still standing beside me at the top of the drive way. He made no moves to his car.

"See it wasn't so bad. No one even knew you have scars," Logan said. I almost forgot that I still had paint on most of my body.

"Yeah I guess so. Want to go swimming to get the paint off?" I grinned, I loved late night swims.

"Lead the way my lady."

The pool felt like bathwater, it was soothing and enjoyable. I watched as the paint melt into the water surrounding myself and Logan. Once the paint was gone, I swam to the only part of the pool I could touch without being under.

"You are so short!" Logan laughed. He was over six feet tall and had a good two feet height advantage.

"Shut up giagantor!" I splashed water his way but it didn't reach.

"Oh so that's how you want to play little girl?" Logan lunged toward me, grabbing me and pulling my body against his in one quick swipe. He lifted me out of the water and threw me towards the deep end. I shirked, the air was cold.

"You asshole. You can't fling me around like a rag doll!" I laughed, making a horrible attempt to be angry.

Logan smirked, making his was towards me. "What are you going to do about it?"

I tried dunking his head under water, but his feet were firmly planting to the bottom of the pool. Stupid tall people.

"If you want we can go all the way to the deep end? you can dunk me and maybe get my nose under," now he was mocking me. I huffed and started swimming away. I felt Logan's fingers wrap around my ankles and pull me back. "Oh no you don't."

Logan pulled me onto him. Chest to chest nose to nose. My legs resting on his hips as he stands in the water. The butterflies were back, the emotional turmoil inside my head pounded. This was wrong. I couldn't do this. Not this soon. I only just met Logan. I wasn't ready.

He didn't seem to notice the battle inside myself, his lips inches away from mine ready to call a cease fire on both sides. At first I didn't do anything. I just let the pressure of someone else's lips on my own freeze me, I tensed up slightly. I liked this. I wanted more. Slowly I let my body relax, Logan took this as a sign to continue. My back slams against the tiled side of the pool. I gasped not realizing we were moving in the water. Quickly Logan's tongue invades my mouth, dancing and gliding along my own. My hands moved from his large biceps, to around his neck finally making their way to his unruly hair. I tugged slightly pulling Logan closer to me. I couldn't seem to get enough. I felt a smile creep along Logan's lips and all to soon the kiss ended.

"Well that was..." I looked for the right word.

"Unexpected," Logan finished for me.

Letting me go, Logan swam to the ladder and lifted himself out of the pool. "Where are the towels?"

I quickly joined him on dry land. Inside one of the ottoman's of our patio furniture, big fluffy beach towel were folded neatly.

"Mind if I take this towel to go? I don't want to get my seat wet?"

"Yeah sure," I wrapped my towel around my body providing a barrier from the chilly breeze.

With a wink and a small wave, Logan retreated from my backyard as if nothing had just happened. The numbness soon quieted the butterflies she I also retreated inside my house to ponder today's events.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is really short, but Logan and Maggie kissed. Awe, so.. sexy.
Too lazy to revise, so I'll do it later.

Cheers,
Morgan.