Please Tell Me What We Have Is Real

.:Chapter 12:.

Going back to school today wasn't going to be fun, I could tell. My head was throbbing and it hurt to move it. I still managed to suck it up and get ready for school. I've been thinking a lot lately about when we're planning to tell Papa Gates and Mrs. Haner about our relationship. I know Brian and I have been dating for like a week, but I think it'll be worse if they find out on their own.

Brian and I decided to walk to school today since we were up early enough to. So on the walk I decided to bring up the subject. As we walked, connected hands swaying gently, I broke the silence.

"Hey Bri?" I asked,looking up at him.
"Yes, babe?" He responded looking at me.
"When are we going to tell your parents?"
"How about tonight? I'll cook dinner and we can just come out and them," Brian suggested and I agreed.

The rest of the walk was quiet, besides the occasional humming coming from Brian. Jimmy came running up to us with Matt when we reached the school; Johnny no where to be found.

"GUYS!!!!!" Jimmy shouted as he ran to us.
"What!! Jesus, Jim, calm the fuck down," Brian said.
"Sorry, we had the best idea ever," Matt said, now standing in front of us.
"Well...tell us," I said not in the mood for their games today.
"Let's start a band. Jimmy and I were thinking about it earlier.Brian plays bad-ass guitar, Brian told us you play too, I sing, Jimmy's a beast on the drums, and shortie plays bass," Matt said.
"That's a great idea!" Brian said from beside me.
"Okay,"I agreed.

We headed inside, meeting up with Johnny who was waiting in front of the door. Jimmy held Johnny's hand and Brian was still holding mine, gaining looks from everyone..who Matt had flipped off. We had gym first today, our classes were switched a bit. So I headed into the locker room and changed to a Iron Maiden shirt and basketball shorts. I met up with Brian, who also wore a band tee and basketball shorts. Today we ran laps, which was the worst thing ever, but Jimmy made it entertaining.

He ran ahead of the four of us and Johnny was struggling to catch up to him (which was hilarious) I ran beside Brian and Matt was a few inches in-front of us. The rest of our classes breezed by,still being tortured by some jerks, but I brushed them off. Papa Gates picked us up and drove home.Mrs. Haner wasn't home yet and as soon as we set foot in the house, Papa Gates had disappeared into his office. Brian and I dropped our backpacks on the ground before heading straight into the kitchen. Brian started cooking Seafood Pasta while I set to work on making a cake,using the recipe y mother taught me before she passed away.

By the time both of us had finished, Mrs. Haner was home and it was around 5:00 o'clock. She walked into the kitchen,shocked that we had cooked and the house wasn't burnt down or the kitchen was destroyed. I placed the cake in the refrigerator before calling upstairs to Papa Gates that dinner was done. Dinner was a little quiet,until about halfway through when Mrs. Haner decided to speak up.

"I appreciate you boys making this delicious meal, but what is it for?" She asked.

I looked at Brian, who motioned me to go grab the cake. I got up and walked into the kitchen,their voices drowning out. My hands were shaking and I almost dropped the cake. As you can tell I'm still nervous. I walked back in and placed the cake on the table before cutting everyone a slice.

"This is really good Zack, but I would like to know what this is all for," Papa Gates said, biting into his cake.I looked at Brian and he nodded before opening his mouth.
"Zacky and I have so news for you guys," He started.
"Well what is it?" Mrs. Haner asked
"Zack and I are kinda dating. We were scared to tell you guys, we didn't know what you would think about it,"Brian said
"Oh, sweethearts, we don't care we love you both so much. I find it adorable," Mrs.Haner said, taking another bite of cake.
"I second that, I kinda knew but didn't want to confront you both and wanted to wait for you to tell us," Papa Gates said.

Brian and i got up and hugged them both, thanking them a million times. After that, Brian and I cleaned up the table before collapsing on the couch...well he did anyway. I sat next to him and pulled out a notebook before heading to work on a writing assignment for English class. My glasses kept sliding off my nose and Brian chuckled. I finished about twenty minutes later, throwing my notebook back into my backpack before burying my face in Brian's side. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him.My eyes started to grow heavy and I slowly drifted off to a sleep, a great amount of weight lifter off my shoulders.

"Good night my angel," Was the last thing I heard before falling fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Brian and Zacky finally came out to Mr.and Mrs. Haner and the band is finally coming together. I'm sorry school is lacking a bit, but I promise it will get better