Take It Slow

One

“No absolutely not” I told my best friend, who had just walked into our apartment. She had just asked me to fly to San Diego with her so she could surprise her boyfriend on their two year anniversary onstage. I thought it was fucked up she was dating someone on the other side of the country. And he was in a band, like seriously, why couldn’t she be normal and date someone we went to school with. No sane person would do that, I mean he could be cheating on her for she knew but he did video chat every fucking day, and it was semi-annoying. Then again, Tori had never been 100% sane, but I, in fact was sane and would never do that.

“Why not?!?” she said.

“We have to work, for one” I said. “Two, Vic would question why you were in a different location.”

“Nope, he’s only calling that day. And, I maybe already got it approved for us to be off that week” She said. “Besides, you know, you’ll give in.”

“You fucking bitch.” I said. “How long are we going to be gone?” She smiled and sat down at the table with a notebook.

“We’ll get there the night before, I have reservations at the same hotel as the bands, but we’ll be out before they leave. Then, the day of, we’ll go in with PTV’s merch girl, then halfway through the set, I’m going to come out from backstage. And then we’ll go see some other bands and then they have a day off, so we’re going to go to the beach the next day.” She said. “Then we’ll shop and stuff the rest of the week” I nodded, smiling.

“So when do we leave?” I said.

“Tomorrow.” She said. “Bring your camera. I’ve gotten you a pass” I glared at her, because she would be the one to give me so little time to pack.

“I’m going to go pack” I said, standing up and walking to my room. An hour and a half later, I was done and ready for tomorrow. Well I hoped I was because honestly, I was scared shitless. Sure I’d talked to Vic on skype but I’d never really met him. Was I really nervous to meet my best friends boyfriend? Wow okay. I decided it was time for me to go to sleep..

When I woke up the next morning, Tori was in the kitchen loudly. I walked by her room and noticed her cellphone ringing so I went to answer it.

“Hello?” I said.

“She’s either in the shower or in the kitchen singing.” Vic said.

“It’s the second one. You’re lucky your girlfriend can sing, Fuentes.” I said. I walked towards the kitchen more and we could clearly hear the lyrics of the song she was singing. Whistle by Flo Rida, great.

“It scares the shit out of me she can do the whistle to the exact point” he told me.

“You’re telling me.” I said. She went to start whistle and I decided to get her attention.

“VICTORI! YOUR BOYYYTOYYYY IS ON THE PHONE YOU BITCHFACE HOE” I said. She ran over and picked up the phone and I quickly grabbed a poptart and darted to my room to get my clothes before going to into the bathroom. It was way too early for this whole vacation flight shit. After my shower, I threw my hair up in a messy bun and got dressed. I sat down on my bed and unplugged my phone.

“CATT! COME ON! IT’S TIME TO GO” Tori screamed. I groaned, getting up and grabbing my bags.

[+]

When we landed in California, I was still groggy as I’d slept most of the way there. The drive to the hotel was….interesting. Tori sang most of the way while I drove the rental car. Once we were settled, she left to go get food and I decided to go get ice from down the hall. Of Course, with the giant music festival in town tomorrow, there was a line. When I finally made it to the front of the line, I noticed someone had left their bucket. The only person around was walking away. I noticed his tattoos, and crinkled my nose. Against my better judgement, I decided to get his attention.

“Hey!” I yelled. He didn’t turn around. “HEY!” he finally turned around.

“Yeah?” he said.

“Your bucket” I pointed to it.

“Right. Thanks.” He walked back over towards me.

“I didn’t want you to go with out ice” I joked.

“True. I’m Austin, you in town for Warped?” he said, well asked. I nodded.

“Catt. Nice to meet you. I am here for Warped. Well, actually my best friend is dating the singer in Pierce the Veil but I shouldn’t be telling you this but anyway, tomorrow’s their two year anniversary and she wants to surprise him. I just got dragged along”. I said.

“Well, Catt. Make sure you see Of Mice & Men tomorrow.” He smiled and shook my hand. “Goodnight”

“Goodnight to you too.” I said. It got awkward as we walked the same way down the hall, but I thought nothing of it as I walked into the room, sat the ice bucket down and found Tori already eating the chinese take out she’d just went and gotten.

“You look like you’ve seen a ghost..” she said. “Or are you starting to fall for a band boy. I had to hide because Vic and Tony were walking back from the ice machine.”

“Maybe a little bit of both.” I said. “I can’t wait for tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. so this is for my friend Catt. I don't really know how I feel about this chapter, but I'm going to try and make the next one better. Anyway, the next chapter is Warped. adios, gatos :P