Status: Brand-spanking-new. On this website at least

Defect.

Shi Yi

My eyes flickered open. The sunlight temporarily blinded me so I snapped them shut again. Screw you Sunlight.
 
“C’mon, Venus, that was lame.”
 
I flashed open my eyes again and smiled at the person before me, “Robin.” I croaked.
 
“The one and only.” She winked at me.
 
I tried to talk again, but my voice betrayed me and all that came out was jumbled nonsense.
 
“What happened?” Robin asked herself for me. She leaned on her elbows which were digging into the beds comforter. Wait, bed?
 
I was in a big bed, covered with a black comforter. The whitest fluffiest pillows on earth could be found underneath my head. There was a needle in my arm, I think there called IV’s or something. Whatever it’s called, it was hooked up to a machine. There was also a sticker on my chest that was hooked up to a beeping machine.
 
It was awkward, it’s like… quit trying to feel me up, Machine.
 
I blinked. What the hell am I thinking about?
 
I nodded at Robin as I took in the rest of my surroundings. I was in a bedroom with a white ceilings, and pale yellow walls. There was a red couch, with two arm chairs that had Robin’s things thrown over it, a small dresser, and bedside table that furnished the room.
 
The room itself was somewhat small. It wasn’t that small, it was a good size.
 
The first thought that popped into my head was that someone needs to seriously redecorate this room.
 
That’s when I noticed all the flowers and big ‘Get Well Soon!’ cards on top of the small dresser. Wah- Who sent those? What happened to me?
 
“You were attacked by a—uh—stray dog?—on your walk home Sunday night. Brayden found you and with the help of Henry they took you to the ER” My eyes went wide at the mention of a hospital. I don’t remember any of that happening.
 
 Robin noticed and chuckled, “Don’t worry you’re fine. Well—so the Doc checked you out, stitched you down, bandaged you up, and prescribed some meds then TADAH. You’re here.” She gestured around the room with a weak smile.
 
I looked around the room once again.
 
“On Tuesday evening,” she finished.
 
“W-What?” my voice cracked.
 
“You were out for nearly two days, kid.” She chuckled.
 
“Oh.” My voice came out hoarse, so it kinda sounded like I was whispering ‘whore’.
 
I blinked again, something is seriously wrong with my thoughts.
 
Robin smiled softly at me, “You really had me scared.”
 
I looked at her. Robin, my Robin, the Robin Rhodes was afraid of something?
 
“I called and called your cell. When you didn’t show up for school I went searching for you, and found out you were in the hospital. So I went there and they told you me you weren’t there, so I came here.”
 
“Ditched?”
 
I had wanted to say, “You really ditched?” but only one word managed to come out.
 
She chuckled and looked away shaking her head. “Yeah, kid, I did.”
 
I nodded.
 
She turned and gave me another soft smile. These soft smiles are really scaring me. “You wouldn’t wake up.” She said quietly, “They thought you were gonna slip into a coma.”
 
I could only stare as her eyes got watery.
 
“You looked lifeless… I was so scared.” Her voice cracked and she began to rub the bridge of her nose. Then I knew that she was trying hard not to cry.
 
In all the years I’ve known Robin this is the second time I’ve ever seen her cry. The first was when her Dad left her family, and her mother went spiraling down into drugs leaving Robins older sister the only option of juggling college, work, and raising Robin.
 
A soft whimper escaped, and I knew she had begun crying.
 
She put her hands down and stared at them, “I was so scared of losing you!” she croaked, “You are the only real best friend I’ve ever had.”
 
I sat up in bed and ignoring the pain I leaned closer to her. She hadn’t noticed and continued talking, “I never thought that I would lose you, or for it to hurt so much.” Another soft whimper escaped her, “ I was terrified, Venus—Just absolutely—”
 
I reached out and trapped her in a bear hug. She stopped talking and started full-out sobbing. I started crying with her too. “I’m not leaving you.” I struggled to say.
 
It was a great bonding moment. Yes, until one of the medical machines started beeping loudly.
 
Mere short moments later, the door banged open and Alpha Henny ran into the room, on full alert.

His back was crouched as his eyes scanned the rom for the threat. Once he saw the state Robin and I were in he relaxed his stance. Robin and I pulled apart quickly drying our tears.

"Thank God, your alright." He said quickly approaching the bed.

He had just reached the bed when Brady burst into the room holding a spatula a dirty apron smelling like italian food. He wildly swung his spatula around, "Where's the little fuc-"

"Brayden!" Brady stopped swinging and looked at Alpha Henny, "Yeah.Yeah. I know- Language." he said making a face, but when he saw me he smiled widely, "Vee, you're awake!" he shouted and jumped onto the bed.

The machine started beeping again.

Alpha Henny scolded Brayden once again and I couldn't help but laugh despite the pain.

Brady went back out saying that he needed to finish fixing the food.

We stayed in the room talking a lot about nothing in particular. After a short while Brady called us down to eat, apparently I had a second set of machinery downstairs. It was around four so i don't know if you could really call it dinner. Whatever you choose to call it- It was delicious.

He made Parmesan Chicken with Pasta and homemade garlic bread on the side.

It was to die for.

As soon as we were done eating I had to take my medication, to ensure that I healed properly. Since I'm not really a human or a werewolf we have to stay on the safe side. But I don't like the medication already, it dulls my senses and makes me drowsy. It's not like I had anywhere to go. I couldn't move rapidly either way, with three stitches on my side and all. Yeah, they stitched me up just like a doll.

Alpha Henny, Robin and I had settled in the living room, while Brady finished cleaning the kitchen, when the doorbell rang. Robin ran to answer it saying that it was probably Criss, my English partner.

She opened the door and there stood the little Asian boy-- I mean man. "Come in!" she shouted loudly at him making Criss slightly jump back.

He still walked in awkwardly. He stood in the middle of the room quietly and waved at me. I smiled at him, "Hey Criss" I motioned for him to sit down next to me and he did, "Let me introduce you, Criss this is Al-"

"I'm Henry, but these little brats call me Henny." He smiled.

From the kitchen you could hear Brady shout, "HEY! I heard that!" we all laughed including Criss. Brady walked into the living room, "It's not funny! I'm no bart. Seriously like-" he stopped walking and stared at Criss, "H-H-Hi."

Criss gave a small wave at him. Brady blushed.

"I'm Bray-B-Bray-Bray-"

"Just call him Brady, like Venus," Alpha Henny said shaking his head. Criss nodded and said, "I'm Criss."

I forgot that he had a such a soft voice, very boyish. Like he never reached puberty. Brady blushed even harder.

"Venus." Robin was still at the door, "someone's here."

"Who?" I asked looking towards her. It was Jason from Econ. My heart rate picked up.

With Tristan Daniels.

Alpha Henny immediately stood up and took a menacing pose, "Hey Venus!" Jason had a bright smile. He was always such a happy guy, "How are you?" he asked seeming genuinely concerned.

"I'm better. Thanks." I replied with a small smile.

"That's good… Oh uh- We came to bring you-- shoot!" he snapped his fingers, "I forgot it in the car! Hold on, I'll be right back." He excused himself and began running right out the front door, which left Tristan standing all alone in the doorway. He stood there awkwardly, yet he still managed to look handsome in jeans and a tight white v-neck.

"Venus, I want to apolo-"

"You have no right to be here." Alpha Henny interrupted him taking a threatening step forward. He was mad.

I could hear Brady silently growling, no one else seemed to notice.

"I do! She's mine."

My heart skipped a beat. What did he say?

"She's what?" Alpha Henny growled in a somewhat demonic way.

"M-My partner. I can see her whenever I want." Tristan said gaining confidence towards the end.

Before Alpha Henny could respond, Brady was in front of Tristan. He was faster than a flash.

"You mother fur-" he punched Tristan right in the jaw, "Show some damn respect!"

Tristan stumbled backwards from the blow, but he quickly recovered and rammed Brady right into the wall. "Stop!" I shrieked.

Brady was delivering rapid blows. Tristan was punching Brady into the abdomen with one hand while he held Brady up with the other. Robin ran to separate them but something happened and she was thrown to the floor. Criss shot up to help Robin. Alpha Henny was trying to split the boys but they were both holding on strong. "Quit it!" he shouted using his Alpha voice but neither one did.

My heart was pouring in my ears. My throat was itchy, from restraining my tears. "Stop!" I croaked, no-one heard me.

My best friend was on the floor.

My closest guy friend was in a fist fight with my Ex-Best friend.

I stood up and yanked off the machinery. I took a step forward and my head was swimming.

The floor was swiveling, I think the medication is taking effect.

My legs were wobbly but i still stood tall, "Stop!" my voice boomed. It carried power.

Brady, Tristan, and Alpha Henny stopped moving and shouting at each other.

"Please." I said softly. The floor swiveled again, but this time my knee's gave way along with it. "Venus!"

I blinked and found myself on the floor having trouble breathing.

"Get her upstairs!"

I closed my eyes, I'll just take a little break.
♠ ♠ ♠
In college now. Uploading will be hard, but instead of giving really slow updates I want to give short frequent (consistent) chapters.

Have fun reading!