Status: Brand-spanking-new. On this website at least

Defect.

Shi- Si

“Yo ho! I’m home!” I heard the back of Robins boot come in contact with the door as she closed it, “where you at?”

“Kitchen!” I yelled back and continued peeping out the kitchens back window.

I heard Robin’s boots clunk against the floor as she walked up behind me, “Kiddo, what are you doing?” she asked leaning over my shoulder, her face was inches next to mine. She took the curtain from my hands and opened it wider.

“Peeping.”

“Obviously.” I could hear the eye roll in her voice, “Whose that damn sexy right there?”

“Zak.”

“I can see why you’re peeping.” She said and I smiled.

On the other side of the window were the Anderson boys and Alpha Henny playing football. It was Zak and Nick versus Alpha Henny. I wanted Brady to wake up so it could be Andersons vs. Colts; Beta and Brother vs. Alpha and Brother.

It’d be so awesome.

Outside, the game was heating up. Alpha Henny had intercepted and was about to run when Zak tackled him. They wrestled on the ground, giving us flashes of tones skin and sexy abs as they rolled around.

Inside, I was peeling oranges and I handed half to Robin who immediately took a juicy bite out of it. We continued bonding by ogling the guys more.

Suddenly Nick had the ball and was running away from the fight when Alpha Henny reached out for him. Even though Zak was pinning him to the floor from the waist down, Alpha Henny still manages to latch onto Nick’s shirt.

Riii-ip!

Alpha Henny was left with a torn shirt in his fist staring at the quickly retreating back of Nick. Robin’s and I’s jaw instantly dropped open, oranges slipping from our fingers and crashing down onto the kitchen checkered tile floor.

He wasn’t sweating. No, Nick was glistening.

Just staring at his model-like physique was raising the temperature in the kitchen by a few degrees. Fog was starting to form at the edges of my glasses. There was only one thing I could say: hot damn.

“Whose that?”

“Nick Anderson.” I sighed.

The Nick Anderson? The guy that stole your little kid heart?”

“Yeah.”

“Why aren’t you kissing that fine thing right now?”

“He left without saying goodbye. He just disappeared remember?”

“No. I wasn’t there—put the past behind and jump his sexy bones, Venus.” She said shaking her head.

“Maybe.” I said slowly. She laughed.

“Smoking shit, why couldn’t Henry grab onto his fucking boxers instead?”

I laughed at Robin’s comment, knowing that deep down, I wanted that too. Robin placed her head on the back of my shoulder, giving into the laughter. “So close!” she cried. I could only laugh harder.

As if hearing our laughter, Nick turned at the opportune moment to see Robin and I with the happiest smiles on our faces. He gave his own toothy grin.

I was relieved he didn’t catch us checking him out.

He then started flexing his biceps, giving us a better view.

I had spoken too soon.

An embarrassed blush popped onto my face. Noticing that we had been caught Robin yanked the small curtain closed, just as Alpha Henny—with a clinging Zak on his back—tackled Nick to the grass for the football.

We looked at each other for a moment before the giggles erupted from within us. We stopped laughing when a zombie walked into the room.

Deep, purple bags were under his eyes it looked like he was punched in the eye. His face pale, cheeks hollow, making him look like a ghost. Usually stylish hair and standing all up and over the place making it look like he rode in a convertible with the top down.

And by zombie I mean Brady.

“Fucking worst hangover.” He muttered reaching into a cabinet for a painkiller, “hey.” He said after a second glance around the room. Robin was wearing cut off jean shorts, a red, thin v-neck, her leather jacket, and her leather boots.

“Here, the Doctor said these would help.” I handed him my freshly peeled orange. He looked confusedly at me, “I know. I took off the bracelet.” I said cryptically, not wanting to five away too much in front of Robin.

“Thanks Vee.” He still looked confused but ate the orange slices anyways.

“Oranges cure hangovers. Cool. I’m trying that next time.” Robin said. Brady chuckled as he sat down on top of the kitchen island.

Robin had once arrived to school drunk from the night before—well technically the morning of. And me? Well I was sleep deprived from taking care of her throughout the night. Robins neighborhood had thrown a bock party for this girl who had been accepted into a prestigious university.

You see, Robin’s neighborhood is full of low-income families. Her community is tight-knit so when one of their neighbors daughter is admitted into a university as prestigious as that, with a full-ride scholarship, they had no choice but to party in celebration.

That night was the first time that the Principal mentioned about implementing the strike system when they caught her throwing up in the trashcan out in the hall.

Speaking of punishments, “Robin, what did they tell you at school?”

“Got detention, but not a strike.” She shrugged and popped another orange slice into her mouth.

I sighed in relief.

“But fucking Kelsey man,” Robin shook her head angrily, “Brought out the damn waterworks to make them go easier on her.”

“Did they?” I asked becoming annoyed.

“Wait, what happened?” Brady asked munching on his orange. I hadn’t told Brady anything.

“Kelsey.” Robin spat out her name, “the bitch had the balls to go and trip Venus in front of the whole damn school.”

“What!”

“Bitch didn’t stop there, Brady.” Robin started angrily swinging another orange slice in the air, “Before that she left a threatening not in her locker!”

Brandy winced at Robin’s loud voice, but he still looked angry. An angry zombie isn’t such a great idea at the moment, “when did this happen?” he asked me.

“Today. At school, right Venus?” I froze at Alpha Henny’s angry controlled voice, “Though I wouldn’t know. Because she wouldn’t tell me anything.”

I pivoted to face him. There by the back door, stood a shirtless Nick, a confused Zak, and an angry Alpha. I couldn’t find myself to say anything. I could only stay there and stare in shock as if I was just caught with the missing cookie crumbs all over my face.

I heard a low growl, but I didn’t know from whom it came from.

“Is that what happened?” he looked me dead in the eye, “someone from the Pavone’s attacked you?”

“Pavone?” Robin piped in shaking her head, “Kelsey’s a Moncreef. You know, that’s her last name.”

“Moncreef? You mean Leonatta Kelsey Moncreef?” Nick asked. Robin gave him a dead panned face, “how the hell should I know the bitch’s full name?”

“Do you know her?” I asked.

He scoffed, “Do I? You should too. She’s Carrot Top.”

I stared at him confused. Kelsey couldn’t have been Carrot Top.

“She used to go by Leonatta, I’m guessing she’s returned and is using her middle name now.” My eyes popped wide open. I mentally pictured Carrot Top and Kelsey. I started to see the resemblance within them.

Carrot Top is small (obviously) and pudgy, with freckles everywhere and with her pale skin they stood out. Her hair was also an untamable mess. Her hair at least stood out 9 inches in every direction.

She really was like a Carrot Top.

And now, she was still small (without her heels), she had the body of a model—thin. Her freckles were put under control with makeup. And her hair was silky smooth and beautiful.

Talk about a full 180-degree in demeanor.

“Sexy and smart, I like it.” Robin winked playfully at Nick.

Zak growled loudly and shoved his brother back out the door, flashing his teeth the entire time. My eyes widened. No, this can’t be happening. Nick must’ve been shocked because he didn’t move form his spot. Satisfied with his new location, Zak turned and began prowling towards Robin.

No.

This isn’t happening.

Within seconds Zak had his arms wrapped around Robins waist. With a quick tug her body was flush against his. Robins had her hands up in the surrender gesture. He was running his nose up and down her neck, taking in her scent.

Robins face was conflicted, “What the fu—”

“Mate!”

They’re mates.

Well that makes keeping my secret a whole lot fucking easier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Plenty of comments, por favor