Status: Brand-spanking-new. On this website at least

Defect.

San

In English we started a new project. I was partnered up with a small asian boy named Criss. He long Justin-Beiber-before-the-hair-cut-hair style. He was very skinny and wore baggy clothes. He didn’t talk much either. Or at all. Which suite me just fine, I know what it feels like to be silent.

We were both able to work efficiently without speaking to one another. I did most of the talking between us. Even then it wasn’t much.

The rest of the school day passed by uneventfully. I sat in the front during Econ, Tristan couldn’t get to me while I was right smack in front of Mr. Macross. I didn’t have any progress done on my cube in Art. Neither did Robin, the crystal ball really got on her nerves.

I stayed after school to watch Robin at her Archery practice. I would’ve walked home but my ankle was still hurting from the picnic table fiasco earlier in the day.

Sometimes I would think that they were aiming at me when I was almost hit by three stray arrows. I was nowhere near the targets. But Robin loves Archery, it looked like she was having a lot of fun so I stayed quiet.

I realized that without me, Robin could’ve been really popular.

She has a very likeable personality. But yet, she chose to be my friend and throw all of that away. On the ride home I tried to ask her but she kept dismissing it saying that I really did have a concussion.

I was so distracted by Robin’s evasiveness that I didn’t notice the flashy car parked in the driveway, until it was already too late. I walked through the front door and into the living room, right where the new Alpha was sitting down.

“Venus,” My mother was surprised “you’re home early.” She said with a fake smile.

Actually I’m home late.

I looked at my mother; “Archery practice ended early” I lied.

“Oh. I hope you had fun.”

“Yes, I did.”

No, I didn’t.

I heard the Alpha clear his throat meaning that he wanted to be introduced. My father quickly stood up “Alpha Colt this is our daughter, Venus. Venus, this is Henry Colt, the ThunderBirds new Alpha.”

I felt the Alpha stand up. I averted my gaze, it was something I was taught at a young age that when a wolf of higher ranking was in front of you, you never looked them directly in the eye. They took that as a challenge or most times they took it to be out right disrespectful. I wanted to run, but I wouldn’t get very far with my ankle.

Alpha Colt stuck his hand out.

“Nice to meet you,” I said shaking his hand.

“Same here Venus… I like your name.” he said still holding onto my hand. I felt a chill run through my spin. It wasn’t a pleasant chill; I had said those same words earlier to Brady.

“Thank you,” I muttered trying to get my hand back, but he wouldn’t let go.

“I named her!” my mother said from across the room. She was sucking up already.

Of course, if she didn’t we could get kicked out. Since my uncle was Alpha he allowed us to live in one of his two houses. The ThunderBird Alpha owned a lot of property. And since there’s a new Alpha now, he could very well kick us out of his home for any reason. Let’s say he didn’t like the way I breathed, then we could get kicked out.

Didn’t like the way I blinked? Get kicked out.

Well no not really, but it could happen.

“So, you’re in Archery?” he asked totally ignoring my mother.

I still wasn’t looking at his face but I could see from his abdomen down. He was wearing a dark grey shirt, or v-neck, that fit tightly around his abdomen flaunting his six pack. Oh, and he wore regular jeans.

“Yeah, sort of.” I shrugged, not wanting to lie just in case he could tell. He let go of my hand and just as I was letting out a sigh of relief, he patted my head making me suck it right back in.

I felt the vibrations from his laugh on my head, “Ah, you’re a cute kid, Venus.”

“Excuse me, kid?” I blurted out but I was lucky because at that same moment Andromeda crashed open the front door and shouted, “I’m home!”

She immediately turned to me and Alpha Colt. Her smile fell a bit when she saw his hand still on my head.

“Oh! Alpha Henry! I didn’t know you were visiting again today!” she said with a flirty smile.

Who in hell flirts in front of their parents?

Then it all clicked in my mind, it’s all rehearsed. Everything.

That’s why my mother looked more surprised than normal to see me. They thought I was going to enter through the back door again. Andromeda greeted him and went to stand on his other side, while biting her lip and twirling her hair. What a slut, she’s just fifteen. She may be wearing a mini skirt but her tank top does nothing for her non-existing chest. Her dark brown hair however was curled and I had to admit that it looked cute.

“Speaking of which, why didn’t I see you here yesterday?” Alpha Colt asked removing his hand.

“I was busy.” I said quietly, “lots of homework.”

I saw my mother discreetly grin at me.

Before he could ask any more questions I excused myself, ran up to my room and locked the door.

Smooth one Venus, you didn’t run you freaking booked it out of there.

I shook my head and put an IcyHot, from the bathroom, on my ankle and hoped it settled by tomorrow. Then I did my homework and got ready for bed.

Alpha Colt makes me nervous. And he killed my uncle!

For those simple reasons, I hate him.

Content with my resolution of hating Alpha Colt I drifted off to sleep.

But I was woken up by someone loud knocking on my bedroom door. Groggily, I got out of bed and opened my door, but only slightly.

It was Alpha Colt.

“Yes?” I asked looking at his stomach.

“I was going to tell you something but- I’m sorry did I wake you?” he sounded surprised.

“Yes.” I whispered.

“Oh, then I’ll make this quick. I want you to come to the pack meeting tonight” he said seriously.

“What?” I looked up incredulously. I made the mistake of looking right into his beautiful brown eyes.

Oh my lord. He is so handsome. Just like a male mode. His face was chiseled, which made his jaw stand out more. He had a bit long stubble which on him looked quite sexy. He definitely pulls the look off, and he towered over me.

Everything about him says power.

“I want the whole pack present. I want you to be there.” His last sentence made me shudder. Wait, this man killed my uncle- He is a murderer.

“No, thank you” I said trying to close my door but he stuck his foot in.

“You’re a ThunderBird. And you’re going. That’s an order.” He said using his Alpha voice.

Even as a “human”, or whatever the hell I am, I was compelled to listen to it.

“Fine. I’ll go” I said opening the door all the way. He began laughing softly. I was still sleepy so that annoyed me, even if it did make him look so very incredible.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Put on some pants first sweetheart.” He said smiling now. I looked down and saw that I was in my red boxer shorts, my underwear. I forgot I was only wearing them and a black muscle shirt.

“Right.” I deadpanned. I wasn’t embarrassed. Not a lot at least, it’s not like he saw me naked. I closed the door and put on the jeans I had worn to school. And a light blue sweater.

He only saw me half naked. That’s not too bad right? Wait. What am I? A slut? Andromeda? This is horrible. Why aren’t I burning with shame that he saw me in my undies?!

Oh wait, I’m doing that right now.

I grunted out loud. I can’t believe he saw!

I heard a knock on my door, “is everything alright in there?” I heard Alpha Colts voice. He’s still there?!

“Urg! Go away!” I shouted and immediately regretted it. I covered my mouth in shock. I just yelled at the new Alpha! Oh shit. He going to be pissed, he’ll kick us out without a second thought.

“I’m sorry!” I shouted but I heard him laugh.

“It’s alright, just hurry up” he chuckled.

I grabbed my hair and pulled at it gently while making a soft squeaking noise. I needed to do that to release some energy. Alpha Colt was making my heart thump like crazy.

I gained my composure and opened my door. He was still standing there with a smile. Then he burst out laughing, “Your hair!” he managed to say in between his laughter.

I felt my face turn pink, “what’s wrong with it?” I asked quietly.

He stopped laughing long enough to tell me, “it looks like an eagle attacked it.”

I felt my eyes grow big, “Oh God!” I screamed and went back inside my room. I quickly grabbed it up into a bun. Some strands were falling around my face but I don’t really care. I hate Alpha Colt. He had been right, my hair did look like an eagle attacked it, and the eagle won.

I opened the door again, “Am I decent enough for you now?” I asked Alpha Colt as nicely as I could through gritted teeth.

“Yes” he smiled, he smiles a lot, “Let’s go downstairs, everyone should be here by now. I’m holding the meetings here for now” He started walking and I followed him.

“Sure” I muttered.

“Watch your tone, Venus” he said somewhat serious.

Oh so he gets mad at that.

“Yes sir” I apologized a bit sarcastically but he didn’t notice.

This guy was getting on my nerves, which in turn made me lose my cool.

“Wa-wait… the whole pack is h-here?” I stopped walking.

He didn’t stop walking or bother to turn and face me, “Yes. All of the ThunderBirds are under this very roof.” he said a bit bitterly. So he had noticed the little bit of sarcasm I had used earlier.

I suddenly was uncomfortable. I never went to pack meetings, or was around the pack- ever. The last time I was surrounded by the entire pack was when I was six at the Eldon ceremony where everyone found out I couldn’t shift. The last time I went to a pack meeting was years later when my uncle welcomed us back into the pack after we had moved into the city from when I was six until I was ten.

We returned so Andromeda could attend the Eldon ceremony. Turns out, she can actually shift. I never went to pack meetings because the pack disrespected me, even if my uncle was the Alpha and I was technically higher in rank than most of them. They always looked down at me. They made me feel weak and constantly reminded me of what I was, or what I wasn’t.

So I just stopped bothering to show up.

No one really put up much of a complaint anyways. I took a very deep breath and continued walking.

I’ve decided to face my fears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey you. YEAH. You. Comment, will you? No? Then perhaps subscribe so I can know that this story has potential?