One for the Razorbacks

Chapter 3

“Speaking of Chaz where’d she pass out?” Tre asked laughing

“Ugh ... I put her on the couch and she pretty much passed out straightaway, so I guess that’s where she’s going to stay” Billie said slowly before giggling at the fact that I was pretty much dead from alcohol.

***

Billie Joe walked down the hallway and into his room about an hour after getting home and finding places for everyone to sleep, completely exhausted.

He looked at his double bed to see my sleeping profile curled up on the very edge of the mattress, he sighed softly and smiled to himself.

The messy haired teenager pulled the covers back and slid into the bed, rolling onto his side and sighing lightly.
My unconscious body felt movement on the other side of the bed and I rolled towards it, still fast asleep.

I pressed my back against the body and relaxed against their chest comfortably.

Billie put his arm around me and pulled me into a soft and comforting hug against him before falling asleep, still holding onto me.

***

I groaned as I sat up and held my head as though it were to fall off “Oww my fucking head” I said to myself as I peered around the room, realising I wasn’t on the couch anymore.

“What the fuck...” I then realised where I was when I saw a worn daphne blue Stratocaster leaned up against the wall, a yellow pick nestled within the strings of the first fret and various punk bands patching up the whitewash walls.

I smiled to myself and began to pull my self up off the bed when I heard the door creak open slowly to reveal a skinny, dark haired teenager with a look of sympathy on his face.

“Not feeling too flash are we Chaz?” he smirked and continued to watch me squint at him because of the light coming through the door.

“Oh sorry” he apologised quickly and shut the door behind him as he came and sat on the bed, holding out a glass of water and a box of aspirin.

I took it gratefully and confessed “My god Billie, you are an angel. Thankyou so much” he nodded and asked gently

“How’s your head?” I stared at him blankly before raising a hand gesture of a gun and ‘shooting’ myself.

He laughed softly; I always thought that he had such a sweet laugh. His small grin was plastered to his face as he sat on the edge of the bed, eyeing his guitar for a moment before retrieving it.

I lay back down and cuddled into a ball while he strummed Blue’s strings softly and formed a simple yet soothing melody. I felt my eyes flutter and before I knew it I was fast asleep in his warm bed.

***

“Chaz” I heard someone murmur my name and I flicked one eye open; focusing on Billie Joe, who was lying next to me.

I opened both of my light blue eyes to find myself gazing deep into his eccentric green ones, which were looking over me lazily.

“Chaz? … Are you okay?” he asked and quirked an eyebrow, I nodded slowly but I instantly regretted it. It must have shaken my stomach because next thing I knew I had bolted out of the room and flung myself over the toilet.

About 15 seconds after I reached the bathroom Billie had appeared sitting next to me, rubbing my back thoughtfully. As weird as it sounds, just having someone there while you’re sick really does help.

I scrunched my nose as the smell of alcohol, along with vomit as it drowned my senses. I coughed and sank onto the bowl, regretting every drop of alcohol that I had forced down my own throat.

“Hey don't worry Charlie at least you aren’t as bad as Mike will be when he wakes up…….if he ever decides to that is” Billie said soothingly as he rubbed my back slowly.