Just A Moment

Gotta Feeling

“Hello, love!” I trilled as Ebony hopping into my van.

“Hiya!” she leaned over to give me a quick hug before we continued down the road. “I must say, my mom thought that you were one of those creepers that park outside people’s houses and then kidnap kids and-”

“Ebony!” I stopped her rant.

“What? You’re the one with the creeper van!” She shrugged.

“It’s true…” Allie chuckled from the back.

I sighed. My van wasn’t a mini-van, but one of those big vans that seats, like, nine or ten people. Thank you Uncle George for the heap of metal that used to haul around your plumbing supplies…

“Okay, I don’t think you understand how pumped I am for this concert!” Ebony squealed, changing the subject.

“Me too! And you look great, by the way!” I looked her up and down quickly, taking in her individual look. She wore worn denim short-shorts, high top converse with the laces all hanging out, and a grey off the shoulder baggy tee with a faded British flag on it. Her wildly curly dark brown hair was down and gorgeous, and her blue eyes were shining under minimal mascara. It was simple but super cute.

“Even I have to admit that I’m pretty psyched!” Allie piped from the back. I looked at her shining eyes in the mirror, feeling a momentary pang of jealousy at her perfect look.

Allie was gorgeous. She had beautiful clear skin with freckles everywhere, sparkling brown eyes and strawberry blonde hair that curled to perfection. Everything about her look screamed fashionable, from the way she had done her makeup in a subtle but flared smoky eye to her studded leather jacket over floral 1D tank, dark short-shorts & studded combat boots.

“Although having the boys around for the past two days has been rather trying, I must say that they’ve grown on me!” she continued.

I cringed inwardly because-

“Wait, having the boys around for the past two days?” Ebony gawked. “Holy shit have they been staying in the guest house?”

“Uh-”

“Yep!” Allie interrupted me. Lovely.

“Oh, my god!” was all Ebony could say. “Why didn’t you tell me?” Oh, my gosh do you know what everyone at school would’ve done if they knew that-” she stopped short, realization illuminating her sky blue eyes. “Ohh… I see now!”

“Yeah, please don’t say anything to Melody or Amanda!” I referred two of my 1D manic fangirl friends who we were picking up next.

“Oh, of course not! Those two would go insane…!” That was when I got a text.

I looked down, not recognizing the number and opened the text as we hit a red light. “Ello lovey! So I need you to do me a little favor and go pick Eleanor up from the hospital and take her over to the Hilton down the road. Mixup with management, ugh. Please and thank you! Xx -Louis” I read.

“Kay, girls, we need to make a little pit stop…” I said turning my blinker on to turn towards St. Joesph’s Hospital.

~~*~~

As we were pulling into St. Joeseph’s parking lot, Ebony was just finishing up on the phone with Melody.

“…I’m not really sure, but Hannah just told me to tell you that we can’t pick you up! I’m really sorry, hun…. No, we’re okay… Yeah, just a few, uh, pit stops I guess? …Well, it’s not MY fault! …Yeah, good luck…. Mhmm, yeah we’ll see you there. Kay. Bye!” She ended the call.

“Soo why are we at the hospital?” Allie asked as I put the van in park.

“Picking someone up. Just wait here, okay?” I said, closing the door.

When I got into the hospital, I went to the desk and asked the nurse, “Um, hi, I’m Hannah Clarke, I’m supposed to be picking up a patient? She just got discharged today.”

“Who’s the patient?”

“Uh, Eleanor. Eleanor Calder?” I said, biting my lip. I couldn’t believe this was happening.

“Ma’am, that’s a high clearance patient, and we haven’t gotten any authorization as to who will be-”

“Oh, Sally, it’s fine!” Came a light voice from around the corner. I turned to see none other than Eleanor herself pop around the corner and come face to face with me. “My boyfriend sent her to pick me up!” She smiled brightly. “You must be Hannah, then?”

“Um, yeah! That’s me!” I giggled awkwardly. I was kind of starstruck at the moment.

“Well it’s lovely to meet you! I’ve heard so much about you!” She took me into a warm embrace as if we had been friends forever. I smiled at her kindness.

“Have you really?” I squinted in interest.

“Oh, all good things!” She rolled her eyes. “You know Louis!”

“Yep!” I raised my eyebrows in acknowledgement.

“Okay, well, I’ve been discharged and all, so I believe that we’re all set to go!” She nodded towards the door.

“Of course!”

“Thanks, Sally!” She waved as we exited the front doors.

“AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!” “It’s Eleanor!” “ELEANOR!” “It’s Eleanor!” “And she’s with Hannah!” “HANNAH!” “Could you please sign this?” “I love you!”

I was completely unprepared for the small throng of fangirls that we were assaulted with as soon as the doors opened. My eyes widened as they approached us. I turned to Eleanor, lost.

She laughed and said, “Welcome to my world!”

I didn’t know what to do until I felt a sudden tap on the shoulder. I turned to see a little girl of about twelve years looking up at me with a camera in hand. “Could I have a picture?”

I smiled and stuttered, “Uh-um, yeah, uh, sure!” I smiled in bewilderment as she giddily snapped a photo.

“Thank you!” She giggled, turning then to Eleanor.

“Can you sign my shirt?” another asked me.

Five minutes later, we had gotten through all of the girls and were just about back at the van.

“Soooo does that happen a lot?” I questioned the beautiful brunette.

“I wouldn’t say all of the time, but pretty often I guess?” she smiled, nodding tiredly.

“Wow… I shook my head, baffled. “Alright, here’s the car!” I opened the front door and was met by One Thing blasting and Ebony dancing around. “Ebony!” I hissed. “Scoot!” I jerked my head to the back. Without a glance or even a word she hopped into the back.

As I got back into the car with Eleanor, Ebony said over the music, “So who did we have to pick up?”

“Hello! I’m Eleanor!” Eleanor turned and waved. Ebony’s mouth turned into a fly trap.

“Eleanor. As in Eleanor Calder. As in Louis Tomlinson’s girlfriend.” Ebony stated.

“Oh, yeah! You’re the girl that died!” Allie nodded in recognition. Eleanor’s face wrinkled up a bit as Allie continued, “Yeah, and then Hannah had to do CPR and everything on you. But yeah you’re gorgeous!” she continued.

“Wait, you’re the girl that saved my life?” Eleanor turned to me as we pulled back onto the road.

“Wait, you saved Eleanor Calder’s life?” Ebony squeaked.

“She pretty much saved One Direction’s life. That’s why they’ve been staying with us and whatever.” Allie went back to clicking away at her iPhone.

“Oh, well, I’m glad that I knew all of this!” Ebony laughed sarcastically.

“I didn’t know that it was you… Hannah, thank you so, so much!” Eleanor said over her.

I smiled and looked to her shining face briefly, the stitches in her forehead almost unnoticeable. “You’re incredibly welcome. I’m just glad that my friend Jessie and I could help!”

“I’m going to have to give Louis a beating for not telling me about you when we see him!” Eleanor laughed. It was a beautiful sound, like a happy bell.

Yeah I shouldn’t try to be poetic.

“Wait when we see him?” Ebony leaned forward. “Hannah, is there anything else I should know?”

~~*~~

“Hullo, Ebony!” Harry smiled. We had just gotten backstage to the boys’ dressing rooms at Madison Square Garden and Harry was the first one we saw.

“Hi, Harry!” she squeaked.

“Well, come ‘ere for a hug, then!” He held his good arm out to her. She hugged him gently, aware of his condition. “And Eleanor! It’s good to see you well!” Harry held out his arm to her next.

“Harry it’s so good to see you well, too!”

“And Hannah!” Harry beamed before turning completely serious. “You look the same.”

“It’s nice to see you too, Harry!” I rolled my eyes.

“I think she looks lovely!” I heard a deep voice from behind me. “How are you, love?” Liam enfolded me into a warm hug.

“Quite well, thank you!” I smiled into his shoulder.

“And Eleanor! How are you feeling?” Liam boomed, taking the smaller girl into his arms.

“Much better, thanks to Hannah!”

“Ah you’ve met Hannah? Odd girl, yeah?” Louis trotted into the room, sweeping Eleanor out of Liam’s arms and holding her tight against his chest.

“Oh, be nice!” She smacked him lightly while snuggling deeper into his arms.

“I don’t think Louis knows how to be nice!” I felt two arms snake around my waist and a warm chin rest on my shoulder. I took in the spicy scent before turning my head and giving Zayn a peck on the cheek.

“I think he could learn, though, hm?” I smiled slightly.

“Eh maybe…” Zayn trailed off, keeping his arms gently nestled around my waist. It felt natural and warm, like we had done this a thousand times before. “You feeling alright, El?”

“Yeah, thanks!” She pipped.

“And you?” He said into my ear.

“I’m doing okay.” I nodded, resting my head against his. “How’s your arm?”

“I’ve forgotten all about it!” He held up the bright green cast and marveled at it for a moment.

“Well I haven’t! Do you know how difficult it is to eat ribs with this thing?” I didn’t even have to turn to recognize the Irishman’s entrance into the room. Before I knew it he was by my side, looking at me with those bright eyes. “Hello!” he smiled.

“Hi!” I left Zayn’s arms to walk into Niall’s. Where Zayn’s arms had felt welcoming and warm, Niall’s felt strong, passionate and like I never EVER wanted to leave. It wasn’t that I didn’t love Zayn’s hugs… It was just that Niall’s made my ovaries die.

“Your ribs doing alright?” He murmured into my hair.

“Yeah, they’re feeling better. I’m sorry your eating habits are being disturbed by your disfiguration!” I smiled up at him apologetically. He let out a beautiful laugh.

“Ebony!” Zayn took this moment to spot Ebony in the middle of a conversation with Harry and Liam. “Lovely as always!” He gave her a big hug and a light kiss on the cheek. “How are you?”

“Um, a little bit in shock?” She stammered. “I’m usually really cool and dorky but right now I’m just kind of awkward and dorky because I’m not used to being surrounded by so much hotness and British accents!” she blurted out.

Zayn let out a laugh and turned to me. “She’s your friend?”

I nodded with a big smile, sitting on a red couch with Niall.

Zayn nodded and said, “I could tell! But didn’t you say you were bringing your sister, too?”

“Oh, yeah, she stopped by the bathroom on the way in!” Eleanor piped up from the other couch where she was cuddled up with Lou. D’aww.

“Well we have sound check in about thirty minutes. You’re all going to watch, yeah?” Liam plopped next to me, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

“Oh, my gosh, is that even a question?” Ebony squealed.

“Yeah, I believed that’s why he phrased it that way, you know, as a question…” Louis sassed her.

“Oh, yeah, right…” Ebony blushed.

“Ooo, who made Ebony blush!” Allie entered the room with an expectant giggle.

“Allie! How’re you?” Liam stood, offering a welcoming hug.

“You know I still can’t see the resemblance between you two…” Zayn shook his head, taking Liam’s place beside me.

“What d’ya mean? They look incredibly alike! It’s in the eyes and the chins, yeah?” Niall looked from me to my younger sister confidently.

“What, are you two cousins or something?” Harry looked up from his phone and squinted at the two of us. We all looked at him, dumbfounded.

“They’re sisters, you idiot!” Louis chuckled, throwing a pillow at him. Harry batted the pillow away before looking back to Allie and I in disbelief.

“You are not!” he smiled.

“Yes, we are!” I laughed.

“Unfortunately…” Allie put her hand on her hip and sighed with a cheeky smile.

“C’mon, you’re all joking with me…” Harry shook his head.

“No, really mate, they’re sisters. How do you not see that?” Niall gestured to the two of us.

I shrugged. “Hey, I mean, I don’t see it and I know we’re sisters!”

“Nah, I see what Niall’s saying…” Liam shook his head, studying us.

“I’m with Harry on this one.” Zayn smirked. “You honestly look nothing alike. And Allie looks older, too!” He nodded towards my taller sister.

“Ugh, are you serious!” I groaned. “I hate when people say that. It’s the braces, isn’t it?” I frowned, chewing at my lip in irritation.

“Plus Allie could be a supermodel-” Harry began.

“Harry!” Niall shot.

“What?” The curly haired boy shrugged.

“ ‘What?’ You basically just told Hannah that she’s ugly!” Zayn picked up on Niall’s offence.

“No! No, no, no, no, that is not at all what I was getting at!” Harry protested urgently.

“Good luck getting yourself out of this one…!” Louis chuckled.

“Ugh, no, I was just saying that Allie has that kind of supermodel beauty with long limbs and airbrushed features while Hannah has a girl-next-door natural beauty! It’s not that one’s prettier than the other! They both just have different kinds of beauty!” Harry explained.

“I’m cool with supermodel!” Allie quipped happily, helping herself to a can of Coke from the mini fridge in the corner.

“And I’m glad you think I have natural beauty!” I smiled at Harry. I knew what he had been getting at. Allie has the kind of looks that you would see inside Vogue or on a fashion website, while I’m more the Seventeen magazine or Soho chic kind of girl.

“Alright, boys, sound check!” Came a voice from the door.

“Already?” Liam looked at his watch.

“I guess we’re doing it a bit earlier?” Niall stood, offering me a hand up.

“Doesn’t matter, let’s just go!” Zayn jogged to the door. “You comin’, lads?”

“Yup!” Niall followed Allie and Zayn out. Harry was close behind with Ebony in tow.

“Yeah, yeah, I’ll be down in a minute!” Louis waved to us as we headed out the door.

“Let’s just leave those two to some alone time, then…” Liam winked at me, holding the door as we exited.

“It’s so awesome actually seeing those two together!” I sighed happily.

“What do you mean?” Liam asked as we started down the hallway.

“Well, you know how weird the fandom can get. Like, people are always talking about how El is a cover up for Larry Stylinson and stuff and it gets, I don’t know, just weird? Like, y’all are people, and I don’t feel like the fandom should be making assumptions or accusations or whatever. Respect is all, you know?” I finished.

“How is it that you say ‘y’all’ when you’re all the way up here in New England?” Liam queried as if he hadn’t heard my little rant.

“I dunno, I guess it’s just one of those quirks I have?” I laughed.

“Well, I like it!” He smiled down at me. As he grabbed his mike from a black-clad grip, he looked down at me and said, “I’m really glad we met you, Hannah.”

It was all I could do to keep from bursting of happiness as he gathered me into a big bear hug and I mustered out, “I’m really glad I met you too, Liam!”

~~*~~

“You’ve got that one thing!” The boys finished.

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” The small crowd erupted. The boys waved and walked (or hobbled in Harry’s case) offstage.

The first boy to reach me, Allie, Eleanor and Ebony was Niall.

“Hiya!” He waved to me before grabbing a bag of chips from a table that was set up. “So what’d you think?” He asked us through a mouthful.

“You were great!” Ebony gawked.

“We know!” Louis pranced over to Eleanor with a sassy smile, picking her up and kissing her.

“…yeah and then did you see her face when you smiled at her? I almost fell off the stage laughing!” Liam was saying to Zayn.

“What can I say? I have that effect on the ladies!” Zayn said in that silly accent of his, waggling his eyebrows at Liam. Then he caught our eyes. “Vas happenin’, ladies!”

“You all were brilliant!” I smiled.

“Well, thank you!” Liam said graciously. “Ey, Niall, is there any fruit juice over there?”

“Ello? Guys?” I heard from behind all the boys. I stepped around the crowd at the snack table to see Harry limping offstage slowly.

“Aw, Harry!” I went to him and smiled at his limping figure. “You okay, there?”

“Yeah, they all just left me to manage alone!”

“Imagine that!” I shook my head in mock disbelief.

“Oh, hush!” He smiled and held out a hand. “Now hand me my crutches, please?”

I sauntered over to the crutches slowly. “Don’t you have a person for that?” I teased, bringing them to him.

“Yeah, I do actually!” He took the crutches. “She’s very nice, rather pretty, tells horrible jokes, and smells like a sugar cookie.”

“Oh, really?” I raised my eyebrows.

“Yeah, her name’s Hannah Clarke!” He smirked, reaching through the throng for a cookie from the table. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a cookie myself. “Oh, sugar! My favorite!” He winked, taking a big bite from the soft white cookie in his hand.

“You’re ridiculous!” I shook my head.

“Aw, Hannah got the last cookie!” Zayn moaned as I took a bite of it.

“Yeah, but she’s only taken a small bite of it…” Liam noticed.

“And it is a rather large cookie…” Louis continued.

I looked at the small semi circle of hungry eyes zeroing in on my cookie.

“Guys…” I warned. They kept moving in closer. “Guys…!” I took a step back.

“If I were you, I’d make a run for it!” Harry offered.

“Good tip!” I acknowledged him before fleeing for the right to my cookie.

I had a feeling that it was going to be a good night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the girl's concert outfits: http://www.polyvore.com/1d_concert/set?id=53599649