Stay With Me Forever

Chapter Two~ Work

Just like every morning, Anna woke up from the annoyance from reveille, got out of bed, and exercised. But today was different she didn’t have any classes in the morning, only afternoon, and evening. However, she did have to go to work, which was just as hard as going to class.
Waking up at 4:15am, go get ready for work isn’t something most people could do, Anna believed in “M.O.M. ‘Mind. Over. Matter.’” She could thank Zack for that one. Walking into Starbucks®, Anna was barely awake, good thing she was around the coffee.
-
Taylor couldn’t sleep much that night, the thoughts of why Anna was talking to another Marine, then crying afterwards. ‘Why would she be crying?’ was a constant question Taylor was asking himself. After so many hours of thinking, Taylor realized that it wasn’t any of his business. If Anna wanted him to know, she would tell him. Finally, when 5 o’clock come on Taylor’s alarm clock went off, he got out of bed, took a shower, and decided to go to Starbucks® for coffee. Hoping that it would wake him up.
-
“Oh my gosh, Jamie why am I so tired?” Anna cried, as she laid her head on one of the tables.
“I don’t know why are you?” Jamie responded to her always-tired friend.
“Dude all I can say is—” Anna cut herself off when someone came in. Both Jamie and Anna rushed to get behind the counter. “Hi…” Anna smiled, “Hey”
“Oh hey, you work here?”
“Sadly to say yes, I do.” Anna couldn’t stop smiling. Which Jamie noticed, “WHAT can we get you?”
Anna snapped out of her stupid smiling, “Um yea what would you like?”
“I don’t know really, what do you normally get?” Taylor asked in a somewhat flirty tone.
“Um…” Anna looked at the drinks, and scratched her head. “Well you probably want something hot”
‘Like you’ Taylor thought.
“I don’t know Jamie what IS good to get that’s hot?”
“Caramel Macchiato”
“I’ll have one of those, a medium”
“Alright anything else?” Jamie asked Taylor, as Anna began to make the coffee.
“No, I think I’m good.”
“6.28$”
“A 10$” Jamie gave Taylor his change, and went upon her business. “So what were you going to say earlier?”
“Oh yea, deployment sucks! Last night was my last goodbye to my cousin. Gosh, it’s going to be hard but I think I can survive, just need to keep my mind busy ya know”
“Oh I'm sure you can do that” Jamie said it as to a hint about Taylor.
“Ha maybe.” Anna gave Jamie a bit of a stern look. “Here you go”
“Thanks,” Taylor looked at Anna’s nametag, “Anna”
“No problem….”
“Taylor”
“…Taylor”
Both of them smiled, Taylor left, and Anna sighed.
“Whoa, in love much there Anna?”
“Oh psh please, not even”
Jamie looked at Anna. “OKAY! Oh my gosh he is so hot Jamie!!”
“Ha wow, I knew it! It was so easy to tell”
“Heeeeeyyyy” Anna pouted.
“What? I speak the truth Ms. In love with Taylor”
“Oh shuddup”
-
When the clock hit 7am Starbucks® got super busy, after working, their butts off Jamie and Anna finally got a break after 1pm, that’s also when Anna had to leave. Anna had to rush home, take a shower, and get ready for her next class. Some days she wishes it wasn’t so hard waking up in the morning, going through the day, pretending that everything is fine. She drove to class, waiting for her class to start; she sat in front of the door at the gym, when Taylor walks in.
“Are you stalking me?” Anna laughed.
“I don’t know, are you stalking me?” Taylor sat next to Anna.
“Psh boy please you wish I was”
“Ha honey, I don’t need to wish, cause I know you are”
“Oh please”
Taylor laughed, “So this morning, and last night. You’re cousin is a Marine?”
Anna looked down at her hands that rested on her legs, tears barely started to form, “yeah, he is. What's it to you?”
“Where was he stationed?”
“Twenty-Nine Palms”
“Oh cool.” Taylor was hestined “I- I was stationed there too”
“Wait what?”
“Nothing… um teacher is coming”
“Buffy” Coach said when he saw Anna.
“Hey coach”
Anna went on talking to Coach Heck, Taylor stayed where he had sat, thinking that he was a complete idiot for saying anything about her cousin. Especially when he knew that, her cousin had just deployed. While Anna was in basketball practice Taylor outside the court doors, wondering, daydreaming.
Taylor really wanted to get to know Anna, but it seemed like she was too busy or not his type even though he didn’t really have a type but still. Anna didn’t seem like someone who would be happy with Taylor but he was only guessing. Soon after sitting outside the doors for a good hour, most of the basketball player came out, to get a drink of water. That’s also when Coach noticed Taylor, Coach thought of an opportunity for Taylor.
“Do you play basketball?” Coach asked Taylor.
“Yeah, I played in high school. I didn’t play much after that cause um boot camp, and most of my training but I'm pretty sure I still got it” Taylor chuckled at himself.
“Alright come on then” Coach shook his arm towards the door. Taylor got up, “Um, let me change first” Taylor looked down at his jeans, and boots.
“Hurry up”
Taylor sprinted to the locker rooms, changed then came back.
“Alright guys Dahozy here is going to help us,” Coach announced, “Begay, Chee, Chelle, Davis, and Yazzie you go black, the rest of you white. Dahozy join them”
Anna was kind of annoyed by Taylor, but still wanted to see what skills he had. At least everyone was on the floor, stretching, having his or her own conversations with other teammates. ReAnna could tell that Anna had some kind of feelings for Taylor but how could she not? Taylor was a stud! After they finished stretching, it was time to play. Broc was there to watch and help the girls practice as well. Halfway through the practice, everyone was getting psychical. There were more pushing, and hell of a lot more defense. From 1:25 to 4:45, it was non-stop practice. ReAnna, Chelle, Careese, Kursten, and Cheyenne went home after practice.