Status: Complete

A Perfectly Timed Dream

A Perfectly Timed Dream

The dream started out normal enough. I was on a bus to was appeared to be Norway. When we got there, we all got off the bus and I was handed a unicycle, which I proceeded to ride to where it was we were going. My band director introduced us as the Conneaut Marching Band and I smiled. That was us, wasn't it? He had us play a few songs, then we followed the main band inside to where they were performing.
This girl, however, wouldn't leave me alone. The girl who'd broken my heart so many times before...she kept talking to me, and hugging me...thinking everything was alright between us.
How could she possibly think everything was alright?!
The band was about to go on, but...our football team was there. It was strange. All the seniors had time to say a few words...and they did. One guy whom had actually stood up for us before to his friends began to speak, and that's when I started listening.
"Now I've got a couple things to say that I believe need to be said," he began. "I know it may be rough right now, but remember you're not alone. So long as you remember that others have hurt like the way you are now, you can remember that they got better. The pain does stop. Well, that's all I have to say." With that he handed the mic down the line, but the rest of their words were muffled. I didn't need to hear their words.
When they were done, the band started playing. The same girl and I were standing really close to them, actually. This girl started showing me pictures of us, pictures of notes she'd once written me, and I couldn't help it. I started to cry.
She tried to kiss me, after everything she'd done, she tried to KISS me! I pushed her away, I didn't want to be near her anymore. So she left. She walked to the other side of the room and stood there.
The guy singing was singing a song I'd never heard before. The lyrics were something along the lines of, "Everything's going to turn out fine, can you hear what I'm saying?" He kept on singing, but he looked over at me and apparently saw the tears I was trying so hard to hide. He started singing right to me, telling me how everything would turn out fine. He tried to get me to sing along, but like I said, I didn't know the words. Eventually he finished the song and they were taking a break. He came up to me and asked if I wanted to go get a drink. I nodded my head, not wanting to refuse his kind offer.
Right before we went, I was lifted off my feet by a close ginger friend of mine. He did it so easily, as usual, and wouldn't set me down.
"Tyler! Hey!" I shouted. He didn't put me down until I was around some cat. Tyler ran off and I looked at the cat.
"Hey Taylor!"
I jumped. It was Samara, as a cat. She was my best friend, but she was a cat.
"Samara!?" I questioned.
She grinned that cheshire like grin and motioned with her tail toward a glass. "It's really good, you should try-"
She didn't finish her sentence, because Tyler had taken the glass and was drinking it.
"Oh, nevermind."
I looked over to see the singer who was singing to me on the couch with some girl on his lap. He looked annoyed, and I suppressed a giggle.
He looked at me and must have told her something, for she got off him. Then he came over to me and brought me into the kitchen.
Getting through the crowd of people, he pulled out a drink, eventually handing it to me. The straw slipped down, so he took it back and shook the cup, somehow causing it to come back up. I took a sip and found it was really good. I looked up at him and smiled. I couldn't help but listen to the song that was playing. A female version of Lifehouse's "Broken". Suddenly, he hugged me as I sang along with the lyrics and he said, "Everything's fine. You're going to be fine."
I only smiled, feeling like he was right.
That's when I woke up. I felt confused. Why such an inspirational dream at such a time? Truthfully, I feel fine. The break up with her isn't bugging me at all, really...but I am having trouble talking to her in general.
Well, whoever gives out dreams to people, I wanted to thank them, because such a simple dream honestly made me feel so much better than I had been feeling. I pretend to be fine even when I know I'm not, and I'm so glad I can say I'm ready to smile for real again.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was my dream from last night. If the italics and bold don't work, so sorry. x.x