‹ Prequel: Only a Memory

Higher Than Heaven

Hell on High Heels

“So we’re going to an extremely country bar?” Ella asks as we walk up to the Roadhouse, a bar that Margaret, my dad’s fiancé, owns.

“Yep and we’re only having the rehearsal dinner here because her son can’t go into a normal bar because the fucker is 16.” I mutter angrily.

“Why do you hate the kid so much?” Ashley asks, “you’re only walking down the isle with him for the ceremony.”

“He’s a pig!” I whine, “I can handle Ashley and CC’s pervertness, I can’t handle his. He makes crude remarks to me and I can’t do shit to him,” I sigh. “He grabbed my ass after the doors closed and his mother just allowed it. I saw my dad wanting to say something but he won’t.”

“I could always do something to him,” Andy offers, “you shouldn’t have to deal with that.”

“I say we should get him wasted tonight.” CC suggests, “that’ll show him to mess with one of us.”

“It’ll show Maggie that her little angel isn’t that much of an angel.” I smirk, causing everyone around me to smirk as well.

“I love that smirk.” Lizzy says, putting an arm around my shoulders, “When do we start?”

“As soon as we walk in.” I reply as all of us walk into the bar; ready to raise a little hell.

I walk into the bar and head straight for Devin, my future piece of shit step-brother. “Hey Devin, why don’t you come hang out with me and friends?” I ask, putting an arm around his shoulder.

“Really, I could?” He asks, eyes lighting up as the gang walks up to us. “You’d really allow me to hang out with these hott ass girls?” He points to all the girls and I can see the boys’ muscles tighten.

“You’re going to be family soon, what’s mine is yours.” I inform him with a sickeningly sweet tone. He smiles as we walk to the corner of the bar where there are no adults present. If he wants to be a big boy, he’s going to have to party like a big boy.

**

A couple hours and God knows how many drinks later, Devin is drunkenly singing karaoke. A smirk appears on my lips when he projectile vomited on his grandmother. Margaret’s face turned red while my dad looks over in my direction with a smirk on his face. He somehow knew this was all my doing and wasn’t completely mad about it.

“How could to get drunk the day before the most important day in my life?” Margaret cries as she helps clean up her son.

“Anna and her friends,” he hiccups, “kept giving me drinks.”

“Please Anna and her friends wouldn’t do such a thing.” She scoffs, “they’re good kids that won’t allow an underage kid to drink alcohol.”

“They kept feeding me drinks!” He slurs each word, drunkenly staring at me and the gang.

“Maggie, Andy and I didn’t have much to drink so we could drive Devin back to the house. He’s gonna have to get some sleep in now or his hangover will be horrible the next morning.” I offer.

“See, she’s been nothing but kind to you and you throw her under the bus.” Margaret scoffs at Devin before turning her attention to me and Andy, “And I couldn’t ask you to do that, he’s my son.”

“And tomorrow is your wedding night so spend the remaining time with my dad.” I smile at her, “Andy and I were about to head home anyway.”

“Thank you, Anna!” She exclaims before pulling me into a hug; a back breaking one at that.

“Don’t mention it.” I smile as I pull away. I look at Andy and he’s already walking over to Devin with CC not too far behind him. The boys take me outside, just in time for him to puke again. A disgusted expression comes across my face as I walk outside; dreading the ride home..

**

“You’re too nice sometimes.” Andy notes as we place Devin on his bed and a waste basket by his bed.

“Why because I offered to drive this little drunken idiot home?” I question him, “I’m here maid of honor, I’m not going to let anything ruin her night before the wedding and her wedding day.”

“This little creep got what was coming to him.” He says, looking at the drunken boy in the bed, sprawled out.

“Now he knows not to be a perverted prick.” I smile before taking Andy’s hand and walking him out of the room; closing the door behind us.

“So we’re alone.” Andy smirks, wrapping his tattooed arms around my waist.

“We also need to talk.” Seriousness dripping from each word, “the girls have been bugging me about something.”

“Like what?” He asks, his eyebrow raised in confusion.

“I feel like I’m experiencing déjà vu right now,” a humorless chuckle escapes my lips.

“What is it that you want to talk about, Annabel?” He probes, obviously annoyed with my stalling.

“What are we?” I ask him, “and don’t give me the typical smart ass Andy reply either. I want to know if we’re boyfriend or girlfriend or if I’m back to being your fiancé again.”

“What do you want to be?” He asks me, “just my girlfriend or my fiancé, the woman I’m going to spend the rest of my life with?”

“I want nothing more than to start where we left off,” I begin to explain, “but both of us know we probably shouldn’t. We’ve both changed since than and things have happened between us since.”

“Then why are you questioning us?” He asks.

“Because I’m confused!” I exclaim, “Andy, I want to marry you and I want to have an army of your little spawns but I don’t know when the time would be right. I see my future with you but it’s not giving me a time frame. When does the rest of our lives start?”

“Isn’t that the point?” He asks, “we’re not suppose to know when our life starts, we’re only 22. We’ve got our whole lives ahead of us. And one day, I know I’m going to marry you; no matter what comes in between us.”

“Really mean that?” I ask him.

“I mean every word of it.” He assures me with a smile, “now come on; lets get some sleep. You’ve got a wedding to be in tomorrow.” A groan simply escapes my lips as we head to my room. I’m dreading tomorrow especially since I’ve got to deal with Prince Hangover…
♠ ♠ ♠
Annabel

comment&subscribe? You didn't have to wait like 186753186 years for another update!