Not for the Eyes of the Innocent

Sweet Safe Slumber

"PILLOW FIGHT" the start of every great sleep over. Followed by makeovers and doing nails!

Scratch that. Let me start over by saying the first sentence was a lie, followed by blasphemy. This party was no ordinary party. Nothing like anything I've seen in the movies. I'd like to say it was the beginning of the end.

It was Brandi's birthday and she invited me and four other friends over to celebrate in her achievement of surviving 15 years on this planet. We partook in the typical slumber party activities such as but not limited to;
-Stuffing your face
-Video games
-More food
-Movie watching
and of course the traditional
-Not "slumbering" at a "slumber" party

It was around 11:30 pm and we were all watching a movie. Suddenly there was a loud thud coming from outside. Brandi went to go check it out. Me and the other girls waited inside wondering when Brandi would come back inside. We heard another loud thud followed by the house shaking. "Earthquake!'' Kaylie screamed. We all ducked for cover. The ceiling fan came falling down, still spinning fast enough to take someone's head off.

The storm finally settled down and the house stopped shaking. Once I checked to see if the other girls were okay, I went outside to check on Brandi. I opened the door and saw darkness everywhere. The sky was gray, power lines that fell through houses, the whole place was a mess. Brandi was leaning over a railing that was on the porch. Her hair was blonder than normal. Her skin was pale and the color in her eyes was gone. She had a zombified expression on her face. She kept saying "Hallelujah, hallelujah..." Then she slowly turned her head in my direction. "He wants your soul." Brandi darted towards the door right as I slammed it and locked it. She began clawing at the door. "Help me barricade the door!" I shouted to all the other girls. We shoved a couple of chairs in front of the door and a table.

We thought we were safe for a few minutes. But as we were watching TV we heard a loud crash. The door had a hole through it and Brandi was standing in the middle of the living room. She ran towards me and grabbed me. Brandi picked me off the ground and starred into my eyes. I saw my soul leave my body in what looked like a blue mist. My soul less body fell on the ground, but it was no longer a body. A rag doll fell on the ground taking my place.

The dream ends here.