Status: Hiatus.

Pepperland

Chapter Three

"How are you feeling, Sargent?" The Mayor asked as he waddled into the room.

"I have to admit, it's getting better."

"It's been getting better all the time," the yellow clad second in-command added.

"Good, good," Mayor muttered, stroking his short beard thoughtfully. "Have they recieved the message?"

"We put Word out," The orange-suited officer replied.

"But he didn't like it too much," a short, pink-wearing man said.

"I didn't think he would, Billy," Mayor chuckled.

***

A yellow butterfly flitted onto a window sill, slowly fanning his wings as he surveyed the room. Three girls we sitting on a big, overstuffed-looking blue thing. They were laughing as they watched a box that contained a moving picture. The one with reddish-brown hair made a remark, causing the blonde haired girl and the little dark brown haired girl to groan. The first one grinned apologetically.

The butterfly rolled his small eyes. Yep, it was definitely them. But where was the fourth one? He scanned the room briefly and couldn't find her. Oh, well. That's plenty enough to report.

Word got back up, warmed his wings up, then sped off, leaving a trail of music notes behind him.

Laura whipped her head around quickly, as if someone had called her name. "Huh?"

"What is it?" Brittany asked as Laura moved to the window. Ashlie turned around, curious.

"I thought I heard something," Laura muttered as she gazed out the window, slightly frowning. Then she shook her head. "It was nothing, I guess."

Ashlie shot Brittany a questioning glance, who just shrugged her petite shoulders. Laura turned the voume on the TV up and settled back down into the couch.