Status: It's complete for now because I'm stuck on percabeth :(

In Spare Time

Reunited

“Aaliyah Stone is a new student that has moved here from the other side of this big town, where are you?”

“I’m right here,” came a British girls’ voice from the back of the classroom. Faces turned to see her, all of a sudden it felt cold. It was her second school change in one month, if monsters kept attacking she was going to run out of schools and become big news.

The teacher looked up from the papers and met Aaliyah’s stare, “Nice to meet you.”

Aaliyah nodded, some of her long, blonde, curly hair fell in her face. It felt weird being in school again, she was starting to miss camp already.

The teacher started her lesson, “We are going to start off with a pop quiz for our next English assignment on the Greek Gods and Goddess.”

Aaliyah started to beat her head against the table, “Just what I need more Greek
mythology.”

“Something wrong Miss. Stone,” the teacher asked as she dropped the quiz onto her desk.

“No ma-am.”

She looked at the quiz the first question, ‘Who is the God or Goddess of war and wisdom?’

“My mom,” she murmured lightly.

She smiled at herself and thought about her half-sister and best friend, Annabeth, it had been three months since she had seen her friends. She felt extremely sad afterward thinking of her sister and Grover (she could never forget about him), it made her think of Percy Jackson. E-mails have been traded back and forth between the two, they were pages long. They both knew they missed each other a lot; they talked about everything but school. So far, she didn’t like this new school, it seemed just liked the others she had been to and for her, she wanted change.

She finished the quiz within three minutes and handed the paper in to the teacher. She looked at Aaliyah, “Do you think this is funny, I’ve never had a student to hand in a quiz so fast.”

“Check them, I’m sure you will see everything, is in order,” Aaliyah said quickly.

She watched as the teacher checked with her red pen. At the last question, number thirty; the teacher turned the papers over and marked on the front, ‘100%’, “I don’t see how you did it.”

Aaliyah smirked, “Greek mythology is kind of my thing.” She turned her back to the teacher and walked off to her seat. As she sat back down, she opened her book and wrote, ‘Being a Demi-God is a wonderful thing.’

After lunch she went to her next class, gym. It would have been okay if the school had archery or anything of that status but she was sure that it didn’t so she wasn’t really looking forward to it.

She sat in the bleachers while the other students were playing basketball and running around like idiots. Aaliyah got up and went outside to the track, she saw one guy by himself playing basketball. He had black hair and bright blue eyes, she gasped, “PERCY!”

He turned around and it was like a breath of fresh air. She smiled and ran for him. He met her halfway, “Aaliyah,” he said picking her up off the ground and hugging her.

She threw her arms around his neck, feeling the warmth of him against her again brought tears to her eyes, “I missed you so much, e-mails are nothing if I can’t see those eyes of yours.” She put her feet down and looked at him, she blushed, “Did I really just say that out loud?”

He smiled and brushed her hair back, “Don’t worry, I can’t hear you saying my name in that accent of yours over an e-mail so there, we are even.”

The both of them stared at each other, Percy’s mind thought back immediately to his birthday party, the kiss they shared in a stupid game. Aaliyah broke the stare, “So already, this is my second school.”

“You haven’t been hurt have you, you know by any monsters?”

Aaliyah shook her head, “No, I’m a tough knot you know that.” Percy smiled and passed her the basketball, she aimed, all net. She dropped the ball and sat on the concrete, “Have you talked to Annabeth?”

He sat beside her, “A few e-mails, but nothing since then. She keeps thinking that Luke is coming back.”

“It’s possible though, she told me the same thing.”

He grabbed her hand and held it, “Right now I don’t want to think about that, come on, you and I tonight, I’ll take you to my favorite place, it’s not much, but it’s something.”

She had second thoughts, she wanted to go badly, but her sister, “What about Anna-“

Percy put his finger to her lips, “Please, all I know is that I want to see you.”

She smiled, “Percy.”

He kissed her on the cheek, “Come on, the bell is about to ring.”