Status: Warning: Rated Pg- 13 for situational content, and older themes.

Fix You

Chapter 1

The boys and I were driving home from a concert, and just sitting in our SUV talking.

"That was next level!" Niall fist bumped excitedly.

I grinned, it was the first concert of Up All Night tour, and we couldn't have asked for a better response.

Looking out the window at the beautiful scenery, we began to bump over a bridge that would connect us to our hotel; thats when something caught my eye.

"Paul stop the car!" i commanded.

The boys looked bewildered, "What is it Harry?! Are you hurt?!" Paul asked worriedly.

"Stop the fucking car! Now!" I demanded. They knew i rarely liked to curse, so he immediately stopped.

As soon as the car was at a full stop, i jumped out the door.

"Harry!" they yelled, "Where are you going?"

"Stay in the car!" Surprised, they obeyed my wishes.

I jogged over to the edge of the rickety bridge, where a small blonde was sitting on the rocks. She was sitting on the very edge, almost falling to the large drop in the rapids.

Walking up to the frail girl and sitting beside her, she jumped startled.

"Don't do it." i whispered.

She was strumming an acoustic guitar.

"Do what?" she murmured, like strangers conversing with her was a regular occurrence.

I sighed, "You know damn well what. Don't jump. Whatever it is, it's not worth it."

"You don't know what you are talking about." she snipped, "as a matter of fact you don't even know my name, so you can't tell me he's not worth it."

"Jumping over a silly boy isn't worth it, love." i put my hand over hers, when she stopped her strumming. She looked at my hand as if deciding whether to move hers or not; she decided to keep her hand under mine. "even if he broke your heart, you can over come it."

She jerked her hand away at that. "He didn't break my heart.." her voice cracked, and i saw a shimmering tear slide down her cheek. "He stole my heart, and left with it... and he's never coming back.. I no longer have a heart."

Giving her a small smile, i continued, "You still have a heart, babe. Tears are unspoken words from the heart.. Tell me what your tears mean, so you no longer have to cry.."

She sighed, giving in. "My name's Evelyn Walker, and i was engaged to Travis Schroeder, but.."a sob wracked through her chest, so i cradled her into my arms, and set her onto the sidewalk by the railing; i didn't want us to be in fear of falling over the edge.

Her sobs continued into my chest, and she hid herself into my neck. My arms were wrapped around her, as Liam and Paul approached us. I shooed them away with a flick of my wrist, and mouthed 'not now' to them; having a stern look in my eyes.

They walked away, as i pet her hair down; it was a technique that would calm my sister, when she was upset. It worked on Evelyn too.

"but.. he was found dead in our apartment, by me." she sniffled, "they told me the only possibility was suicide, but he was so happy. There were no marks or anything on him, and the doctors told me he overdosed.. but why would he do that?"

Another sob racked her body.

I let her continue, she really needed to let everything out.

"He was the only person who told me, I love you; he was the only one who told me, i was beautiful. Travis made the world a brighter place. I didn't have any family growing up, i was adopted, and i was kicked out at 16. No one wanted me, except Travis. Now he's gone."

The front of my shirt was completely soaked with her tears. I looked down at her. She had to be the most beautiful, gorgeous, attractive, cute, flawless girl, i've ever seen.

"Oh, babe. Don't cry. I'm sure he had his reasons, he wouldn't want to leave you. I think its rubbish that no one would tell you that you're beautiful, because you are one of the most gorgeous girls i've ever met... thats 3rd to only my mum and sister." Consoling her, i asked, "Why would you jump?" my voice partially cracked at the end, what if i didn't stop in time? Or i didn't make Paul stop? Would she be... dead?

She looked up at me with her doe like eyes, "Don't you get it? ... i'm unwanted, and have no where to go. The apartment we shared wasn't even in my name, so i'm ejected from it, and i can't afford it. Travis paid 'half' but in reality more like 75%; my job didn't pay well enough, because i had to drop out of school to care for myself, before i met Travis."

Before thinking about it, i blurted out, "You can stay with me!" giving her a small smile.

Her eyes lit up in hope, before she deflated again. "I'm a stranger, you don't want me in your home. On top of that, i don't even know your name. I'm shy, depressed, and all i'm good for is playing the guitar Travis got me for my birthday a couple years ago.... i won't be able to pay you."

"First my name is Harry," i smiled, "Money isn't an object, you won't need to work, you can play guitar whenever you want. My mates and I are big into music, you'll be covered... I'll.... I will fix you."

Thinking about it for a moment, i looked deep into her eyes.

She looked at me with an uncertain look in her eyes, it was like trusting puppy.

"Okay.. I'll stay with you, Harry."

She wrapped her arms around me, and hugged me tight.
♠ ♠ ♠
please give me feedback!:)