Status: Soon.

Huntington Heartbeat

Chapter Six

"Flor, get up!" I heard someone whisper as I struggled to open my eyes. My head was pounding and I felt extremely dizzy. I also felt as if I might vomit.

"We have to go. I have a show today." He tried again. By this time I knew that 'he' who was whispering was Matt. Why is Matt getting me up and where do we have to go? I was very confused and I thought rather hard about yelling at Matt. As I opened my eyes, I knew where we had to go; Back to the hotel because I had no clue where we were. What the hell did we do last night? I asked myself as I looked around. I was startled to see Gabbie laying next to me. What the bloody hell?! Did we have a threesome?! You'd think I'd remember something like that. Obviously I was too intoxicated.

"Come on sweetie." Matt told me, grabbing my hand and helping me up. When I stood up I was so dizzy I thought that I might fall back down...If it wasn't for Matt helping me up. I realized pretty quickly that my plaid shirt was unbuttoned all the way and I pulled away from Matt so I could quickly button them back up. I heard him chuckle at me before I grabbed my boots and swiftly pulled them on my feet. Without any words I followed him outside to his car.

"Who the fuck drove?" I asked, sliding in the passenger seat of his car.

"You did. You said you were cool." My eyes widened as I looked at him.

"Obviously I wasn't if I don't fucking remember!" I began to panic a little. We could have fucking died!

"Well I'm glad we didn't wreck and get hurt." He stated, being calm.

"I was in no shape to drive, Matt! Never let me drive drunk like that!" I yelled, shaking my head.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I mean, I was drunk too. I was going to drive, but you wouldn't let me. We could have just got a cab, but we were so drunk we didn't think of that." He told me with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes at him, this definitely isn't funny.

"What the fuck happened last night, anyway?" I asked, forgetting about the driving part. I was afraid of what I did.

"Well we...um...we..." He hesitated a little.

"A threesome?!" I asked, feeling uncomfortable.

"Almost...we all kissed. You girls backed out of the threeway, though." He shrugged, pulling out onto the road. I let out a sigh of relief. I'm glad I didn't have sex with Matt...or Gabbie.

"I kissed you?" I asked, furrowing my brow.

"Yes, you did. You didn't give me any tongue though. You got all giggly and teased me." He explained with a smirk. I felt my face begin to flush red. I shook my head and looked away.

"I'm sorry, Matt. I was so drunk. I can't believe I did all that." I said, barely being able to look at him.

"It's okay...I kind of liked it." He told me with a smirk. I visibly rolled my eyes at him and turned my head, leaning up against the window.

"I feel like shit." I told him, letting out a tired sigh.

"Me too... And I have to do a show in two hours." He groaned.

"I have to shoot your damn show in two hours."

"Well...how about this. I give you the day off, I let you go to my room. You shower, change into your most comfortable jammies and catch up on your sleep. And when I get back, if you don't feel any better then I'll show you the cure."

"The cure to a hangover?" I gave him a skeptical look.

"Yep. I have to get it on the way back." He seemed confident enough.

"Oh..." I trailed off, thinking of what it could be. I was drawing blanks.

"Then we'll just have a big lazy hangover day together." He told me with a smile.

"You don't know how amazing that sounds."

"Yes I do." He replied, giving me a strange look. I smiled and for some reason blushed a little. I just turned my head and looked back out the window, trying not to let him see me blush.

When we got back to the hotel, all the guys were getting ready to go and they were starting to panic because they couldn't get a hold of Matt. Matt said he would have texted them if he hadn't left his phone here in his room.

"Oooh, walk of shame! Did you get it in last night, Matt? With the two lovely ladies?!" Zacky asked Matt as we had came in the door. He had a big smile on his face just eyeing the two of us down.

"Shut the fuck up, man." Matt told him, shaking his head. I had to roll my eyes.

"Our little Florence isn't too good for sweaty road dick after all!" He joked, still smiling at me.

"Hey, my dick isn't sweaty! Just my balls...and only after a show!" Matt complained, looking offended.

"Oh my god, you guys! I didn't fuck anyone! Nothing happened, okay?!" I told them, making it clear how annoyed I was by them.

"Sheesh, Flor. I was just giving you guys a hard time." Zacky replied, sounding hurt.

"Sorry, Baker." I sighed, feeling guilty.

"I just feel like shit. I obviously drank way too much last night." I told him, eyeing Matt. He shot me a glance back, but I couldn't read his expression. I never could.

"I totally get it, Flor. Just take the day off. Rest...If that's okay with the boss." Zacky replied, also looking over at Matt.

"Way ahead of ya, Zack." Matt told him, smiling at me. Zacky nodded, grabbing up his guitar and disappearing into another room. I stood there waiting for Matt to take me to his room and in a way I was kind of excited. Matt and I have never got along so nicely. But how long until we don't? Maybe the problem is that I do expect the worst from him... Matt handed me a water and started towards the door, telling me to follow him.

His room was pretty much identical to mine, only it smelled just like him. I assume it's from him spraying his cologne in the room. It was noticeably a lot colder in his room than it was in mine. I assume he had them set the temperature to a lower setting. There were clothes scattered throughout the room along with empty water bottles. Boys are so messy. I mindlessly picked up a bottle and threw it in the garbage. I snapped out of cleaning mode when I heard Matt chuckle.

"What?" I asked him, actually curious as to why he's laughing.

"You don't have to clean. I know you're use to cleaning up after us, but you feel like shit. If it bothers you, I'll clean it up for you." I smiled sweetly at his words... This is a completely different Matt... Where is the real Matt? I squinted my eyes and tilted my head and then began looking behind him and around the room.

"Um...What are you looking for?" He asked, visibly confused about my exaggerated sarcasm.

"I'm looking for Matt. I don't...I don't recognize this guy in front of me." I held out my hands towards him. He playfully rolled his eyes and gently pushed my hands down.

"I promise it's me. Get in bed, Princess." He told me, motioning towards his bed. I almost questioned the stupid nickname but was distracted by the messy bed. I hesitated to get in, realizing that I didn't know who had been in it...

"Um..." I started, not actually knowing how to ask...and not sure if I wanted to get on the subject.

"It's clean, I promise. I haven't had any girls in it...yet." He told me with a wink. I giggled and shook my head as I crawled into my spot. His bed seemed somehow more comfortable than mine, although I was sure it was the same exact bed. I shifted around until I was comfortable and then pulled the covers up on myself. I sighed, already feeling better.

"Alright...I'll uh...I'll clean right quick before I have to leave." He announced, scrambling to pick up a couple pairs of underwear on the floor.

"No! Don't clean! I don't mind...and besides, you said you feel like shit. Lay down and rest a minute before you have to go." I told him, patting the space beside me on the bed.

"Thank God." He mumbled, dropping the clothes back into their spot and plopping down on the bed beside of me. He covered up with me, shifting to where he was a little closer to me than I was used to. I could feel his body heat against me. I didn't mind it, though. We both sighed at the same time, causing me to giggle a little. He just smiled at me and closed his eyes.

"Why are you being nice to me all of a sudden?" I finally asked. That question has been burning a hole in my brain the last hour.

"Believe it or not, Florence, I actually am a nice guy. You just never let me show you." He gave me a smug look, waiting for me to reply.

"Me? You never acted like you wanted to show me."

"Maybe because I could tell you hated me right from the beginning."

"I wouldn't say hate..."

"You can't deny that you had something against me." He told me, tilting his head and pursing his lips.

"No...you just..."

"What?" He asked, trying to speed up my answer.

"I don't know, it's complicated."

"I always found you interesting...I mean, regardless of the fact that you despised me."

"How? I mean you don't really know anything about me. We haven't spent any time together at all... besides now..."

"Sure, I do. I know a lot about you."

"But how? Jimmy?" I asked, figuring that Jimmy would release a lot of info about me without question.

"No...Flor, I know I didn't talk to you a lot, but that doesn't mean that I didn't pay attention to you." He told me, his face turning a bit red. I felt a little flutter in my stomach. I gasped when I realized that Matt Sanders, of all people, was giving me butterflies. But I would be lying if I told him our situation wasn't the same. I paid a lot of attention to him too...and I never really realized it until now.

"You're blushing." He mentioned, giving me a smile as he gently touched my cheek where it was obviously red. I didn't know what else to do except for deny it.

"I'm not blu-" I started, but was interrupted with Matt's lips crashing into mine. I gasped into his kiss and was almost about to kiss him back when I heard loud metal music begin to play. Matt jumped and turned away from me, reaching around almost aimlessly. I realized it was his cell phone at the same time I realized what had just happened.

"Matt, you just...I don't even...know..." I sputtered scattered words from my scattered brain. No one else has ever had this effect on me. No one else has ever made me feel completely and utterly...dumb...un-organized in my brain... No one else but Matt. And I don't know why. The vanity will wear off soon, like always. And he'll be his old, asshole, dick face, prick Matt again.

"What the fuck!" I added, as he jumped out of bed. He finally looked back at me, his eyes widened.

"I'm sorry, Florence! I didn't mean to...I don't know! Please just stay here so we can talk when I get back! I promise I won't do anything like that again!" He told me, shoving his phone in his pocked at storming out of the room.

I felt as if my brain was a bigger mess than his room was. What the fuck just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it has been like...foREVer.
But nonetheless, I hope you enjoy.
The Subs, Recs, & Comments are all appreciated!

<3
amimarievee