Status: Please give your opinion

I Know I Said It a Million Times

One shot

Another night like this. Another night like I never thought I could be, like a desperate woman who can’t move on with her life because of a man. A man, Sergio Ramos. I have always been so independent, I was never the one to crawl back to a person, I was the one to stand up for her needs, stand up for her, but yet I couldn’t do it anymore, that was my old self. I guess that’s what love do right? It can change everything, it turns everything upside down. But at the same time there’s a limit. At first everything always seems right, not just right, perfect. As the days and weeks goes by we start feeling more comfortable and we start showing our true selfs and that was the problem. You start seeing things in the other person that you never thought they would be and that is fascinating, you get more impressed byt this person, you evetually fall for him. But there’s also things that you start to realize that will never change.

I love Sergio, I really do, but I’m tired. I’m tired of seeing him with different women every week, only if I’m lucky, it could be with different women every night, I’m tired of his stupid friends, I’m tired how he can be so attached with Ronaldo and I’m not saying this becasue I’m a culé, he is a bad influence, I can’t stand their partying anymore, the “it’s just a beer with a couple of friends, babe” when I know that the next morning I’ll be seeing what kind of a picture in a gossip magazine. I can’t stand this anymore, I want to end this, I need to end this.

“Wow that’s the longest spaced out I have ever seen” Mike spoke out of the blue. Mike was the only male worth it right now, maybe that’s because he is gay, yeah that is.
“Sorry” I muttered.
“It’s the douchbag again, isn’t it?” He asked me. Is that obvious?
“He is no…he is a douchbag” I said. It was weird, my mind wanted to say something but my heart just wanted the other thing.
“Sweetie, when are you gonna end with this?” Mike said.
“I will, I’ll do it tonight, after training” I said confident.
“Don’t go with that with me” He began. “I have known you my whole life, we grew up together, I have been a witness of all your past relationships and with that I would say yes, you will end it if this was the case back then” he paused “What I’m trying to say is that the strong, confident woman who works in a car garage is not there anymore, at least I can’t see her. Girl you used to kick ass! Go and the the same to his!” Mike gave me a smile.
“That’s what I’m gonna do” i told him.
“I’m not finished yet” Mike said while pointing with his index finger at me. “You are not gonna go alone”
“But..” I interruped.
“Shh woman!” He said playfully “I have heard the ‘I’m gonna broke up with Sergio’ phrase like thousand times, but when the time actually comes, he looks at you and there you are melting” He did have a point. “Anna, once a cheater, always a cheater”
“It’s true… I’m so weak!” I said covering my face with both of my hands.
“Don’t say that” Mike said and came to hug me “You are strong enough, is just you have to tell your heart to do what your brain says”.
“But that is so damn hard M” I said feeling the tears that were about to fall.
“Love hurts wether it’s right or wrong honey, in your case is wrong but that’s life” Mike paused. “In this case you are attached to the wrong guy, because he doesn’t deserve you, you are too good for him”.
“And there’s always ‘one more night’” I whispered.
“That’s why I’ll go with you, just to make sure you don’t get lost in his kiss” Mike said as he ruffled my hair a bit.
“Thank you so much” i said hugging him. “I love you best friend”.
“Hey! don’t ‘friend zoned’ me” He laughed.
“You are the king of my friend zone buddy” I laughed back.

**********************************************************************

“Okay here we are” Mike said as we came to stop in front of Sergio’s house.
“This is it then” I sighed “If you see me and I’m not following my plan, I beg you to get out of the car and slap me in the face, deal?”
“Deal” He promised with a handshake.
“Here I go” I said as I got out of the car.
“Control your hormones and kick his ass” I heard Mike said from inside the car.
I know it’s going to be hard after this. I mean, the damn man’s face is all over the papers every week, so I will have a constant reminder of my soon-to-be ex and who wants that? I don’t know if I should call him my “ex”, well for me he was something, he meant a lot to me but apparently I meant nothing to him, seeing as I wasn’t his ‘one and only’, I don’t like polygamy. I feel sad, he is a funny guy, I enjoyed everytime we spent together laughing and doing stupid stuff, how in the begining of our relationship he would go with me when I tattoed my wrist and my shoulder and he ended up with another tattoo…Anna stop.
Love is just a chemical reaction in my brain that I will stop whenever I want, like now.I thought as I rang the doorbell.
“Hermosa!” Sergio said and he was leaning in when I stopped him.
“I came here to talk” I said serious.
“Okay Linda, come in” He said stepping aside so I could enter his house.
I took a deep breath. “No” I said and he looked at me shocked.
“I don’t get it. Let’s go inside so we have a glass of wine while we talk…” He said and I cut him off.
“No Sergio, I’m done” I said firmly. Just a chemical reaction, put aside those feelings.
“I really don’t know what are you talking about” He said with a questioning face.
“Us. We. Nosotros” I paused “We are done”.
“What?!” Sergio said with a chocked look on his face.
“What you heard. We are over. I’m tired of you partying with those stupid friends of yours…” I begun but he cut me off.
“Oh I get it, it’s because your ‘culé pride’ hates Cris, right?” he said in a mocking tone. No no no no no, you just don’t mess with that.
“I’m so stupid” I said thinking outloud “Why am I wasting my time with you? Why do I bother to give you explanations of something so obvious that should have happend a good while ago? You never gave me any explations for those nights you disppeared, or for those ‘I’m single’ status you openly said to every gossip magazine in this damn country with no shame”.
“Listen…” He begun but I cut him off.
“No you listen!” I took a deep breath “One more night, I said one more night every freaking time I wanted to do what I’m doing now, but not anymore. This unsustainable, dysfunctional relationship, if it was one to you, must end now” I finished feeling my heart beating like it was in my throat.
Sergio was looking at me speechless, I have never seen him like this before. This was getting awkward and it was pretty uncomfortable by now so I broke the silence.
“Seeing that you have nothing to say about it, I’ll go” I started walking away to the car where Mike was waiting for me with a reassuring smile on his face.
“Anna, don’t go, I’ll change I promise” Sergio pleaded “One more chance”
“Have a good life” I said without turning around so he couldn’t see the tears that were starting to form on the corner of my eyes.
I opened the door and entered the car, I felt Mike’s hand on my shoulder.
“Let’s go back to our flat now” He said “I have the perfect remedy”
“What is it?” I asked trying not to cry.
“Oh you’ll see red head, you’ll see” Mike said trying to light up my mood.
“Tell me it’s food, I don’t want movies, their stories are just as false as love” I said.
“It’s is, lots of it” Mike said smiling at me.
“Thank you for everything” I told him honestly.
“You are welcome”He said smiling at me. “Just one little thing. I know that after this you won’t change your mind easily but, love really exists, you are one heartbreak closer to your happy ending”.
“Prince charming doesn’t exist” I said.
“Of course not if you go looking around in the Santiago Bernabeu” he joked.
“Now I know, thanks for your late advice” I said.
“No prob. Now let’s cheer up a little and enjoy our wonderful life as the most wanted hot singles in this country” Mike said playfully as he turned on the radio as “One More Night” by Maroon 5 was playing. What a coincidence, at least I did the same as the girl in the video, moved out to try to move on with my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think :)