Slaves of the Moon

Confusion

"Let me see her arm," the woman spoke directly to Kayne. Her eyes were gold just like his and like most everyone I had met since Dad and I had found ourselves surrounded by the people who claimed to be a part of the Volkov brothers' pack. There were a few eyes that weren't gold though. A pair of green eyes here and a pair of brown eyes there. Kayne had explained to me that they were Moonmates. Men and women bound to the different werewolves of the pack. It all seemed like a daze, a dream. It couldn't be real. But it was. I had seen men shift into wolves. I had heard their howls. I had seen the way that the Moonmates looked at each other. That was what was supposed to be in store for me in Kayne if I accepted him. Honestly, I was afraid to. What kind of life would I have if I accept him. How could I believe what I'd always known as a fairy tale.

I winced as the woman gently poked at my arm and sighed. "The idiot broke it I'm sorry to say," she said looking at me apologetically. "I'm sorry we didn't get to you sooner. We tried...we really did." I nodded without saying a word. I believed her. It was amazing that anyone had come for me at all. From what I had been told though, that was Kayne's doing. He had sent Xavier to follow me. If it hadn't been for that, they weren't sure if they would have found me in time at all. The thought sent a chill of fear down my spine. "I can't do anything for her here Kayne. She'll have to go to the hospital."

Kayne's gold eyes narrowed dangerously. "Which hospital?" he asked, his voice a low growl. My brow furrowed and I found myself leaning little towards the woman. What did it matter which hospital I was going to?

The woman seemed confused for a moment before understanding lit her eyes. She laughed. "Our hospital of course. You know that we would never knowingly take a wolf or a moonmate to anywhere else Kayne. You and your brothers was an accident."

There was a story there, an interesting one. One that I was going to have to wait until later to ask. "Whatever," Kayne muttered. "Just make sure that she's okay. I'll meet you at the hospital Emma. There's something I have to take care of."

"Wait!" I called out. "Don't I get a say in any of this?"

Kayne paused a moment, but refused to look back before he started walking again. I looked up at the woman and she sighed. "I'll explain on the way to the hospital," she promised. "Now let's get you going. I'll see if my mate can convince Jason to bring your baby sister along too."

"Cassie! And who's Jason?" I asked as the woman helped me stand on slightly unsteady legs.

"Jason is a very young, impetuous wolf who has...taken to your sister. I promise I'll explain everything. Just let me get you in one of the cars first," she said cutting me off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, the story is winding down, only about three more chapters left.

Comments? Criticism? ANYTHING?!