Silver Springs

fickle and unfair LOVE

Mamie got sucked into sadness. It was overpowering. It told her to not wash her hair. To not eat. To cry. To sleep.

Gunnar did the same. He drank often, reveling in the power it had to wash Mamie away. Mamie had cheated on him. They may have not been together, but she had fucked his best friend. His best friend knew the curves of Mary Lou Doyle’s body; he knew what it was like to love her. So he drank to forget that fact.

Billie walked around in a haze, he missed Mamie and he missed Gunnar. How was he supposed to go on without either? He had hoped that he would gain Mamie at the expense of his best friend, only because the insane love he had for Mamie overpowered his need for anything else –even Gunnar.

There were memories that Mamie could not ignore. With the turmoil that came with her self-inflicted situation, she remembered Gunnar’s ability to make her laugh and cry and scream with happiness. She thought of Billie’s compassionate stare, his soft hands and his lack of judgment. However, with these loving memories, came the horrors of the past.

Gunnar had a temper. Mamie thought of all the times she had been accused of infidelity when they had been together, when she had diligently worked on having Gunnar be the only thing on her mind. She never acknowledged the affection she had had for Billie. She had never said an ill word about Gunnar Lewis. And then it all came out of her when they had finally broken up. She had become the exact opposite of what she would have ever thought she would be. She had not only slept with Billie, but also fallen in love with him. And this was the worst part.

Of course she knew that Gunnar was centered on the physical aspect of her betrayal. She knew that he would be focused on the sex, but she knew that her ultimate betrayal was her infinite amount of love for Billie. Mamie loved Billie. And Mamie loved Gunnar.

How could this be? she questioned. Could it be possible for one person to love two people? Or was her love for one less than the other? Where was the truth? Or was it just her fickle and unfair emotions that ruled her decisions?

One thing Mary Lou Doyle knew for sure: she had to either pick one or cut them out of her life together. She didn’t know that Gunnar and Billie also knew that fact as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
"But never have I been a blue calm sea, I have always been a storm."

-Fleetwood Mac