Games Psychos Play

Chapter 16: Intermission II

“He said just one!” I whispered loudly as I watched Stevie put four pills each into Kelly and her friend’s drinks.
“A little more won’t hurt. “ Stevie said with this greedy grin spread across his face. ‘Of course it will’ I thought, but I didn't say anything. I had wondered why Stevie had brought so much to begin with but now it all made sense. He shook each drink around a bit and waited for the pills to dissolve. “Okay, here I go.” He said grabbing all four of the drinks, “How do I look?” He asked me. I smiled widely at him, in his favorite green sweater he wore just for tonight.
“Very handsome.” I said. “Go get him.” He walked away towards Kelly and her friends and I took a big gulp of my drink to prepare for the rest of the night.
Kelly was the first to start vomiting, she leaned over the pool turning it red and everyone stared at her quietly. I looked around frantically for Stevie but he was nowhere to be found. The others started following after until finally I could hear the sound of sirens coming from afar, but by the time the ambulances had arrived Kelly was blue and on the floor. It was like a scene from a movie, we all knew they were dead by the lack of urgency by the police and others. No one said a word, there were so many suspects at the party that could have done it, we all hated them, but no one was crazy enough to do it. Neither was I, I didn't want them dead, just a little sick. Where was Stevie? Why had he left me to fend for myself? This wasn't the plan at all. This wasn't how it was supposed to go.