Two Pink Lines

Sitting Around Waiting

"This is wrong, Ian." Elsa murmurs breathlessly into the sweaty neck of the nude boy on top of her.

His slow, yet ravenous kisses along her body don't stop nor does he say anything acknowledging her sentence.

A strangled gasp emits from her swelled lips as his meaty erection enters her warm, slick folds. She tosses away her guilt and lets the fiery sensations coursing through her body cloud her mind and her judgment.

Moments later her back arches off the bed. Her lover's name rips through her throat as high pitched wail of pleasure.

~

Elsa’s heart pounds in his chest as she stares at the calendar in her hands. She counts and recounts only to come up with the same amount of days.

"Oh, fuck." She curses, sending the paper flying.

Her fingers quickly type an urgent text to the one person she knows she can trust no matter what- her older sister.

~

Her feet propel her in a repeating march across her tiny bedroom. Her deep, mahogany brown hair is a tangled mess around her face and skin is sickly pale.

The thoughts and images that dance through her head are in frantic overdrive.

Her eyes flicker to the clock for the thousandth time.

6:03 pm

She stops pacing to wring her hands, her gaze shifting to focus on the face of her sister.

"It's been ten minutes." She states the obvious before trudging solemnly into the bathroom.

Once she passes the threshold she inhales deeply and fights the intense urge she has to run.

There on the counter lay seven different tests with the same outcome clearly printed on their screens.

Elsa's heart drops. She presses her palms against the edges of the tile. Slowly, she can feel her life beginning to unravel.

In frustration she swipes her arm across the tile. The little plastic sticks fall to the ground with a resounding crash.

The brunette slouches from the bathroom and flops heavily down next to her sibling. Closing her eyes, she lays back across the mattress.

“When this shit hits the fan, I’m screwed.” She groans in between ragged breathes. Tears somehow begin to squeeze past her shut lids.

Cool hands glide against her forehead, brushing pieces of her hair out her face. She opens her eyes, staring into a face similar to her own.

"That's what got you here in the first place." The twenty-one year old girl speaks lightly, playfully tugging on her sister’s locks with a smile.

Past her swelling depression, Elsa lets out a bitter chuckle. “Yeah, guess that’s true.”