Sequel: In Oceans Deep

Our Secret Place

Was

For a moment they both stand there looking out to the sea. He managed to weave his fingers between his and she let him. She liked him a lot.

“No one will ever find us here.” He whispers in her ear. It tickles and she leans into him, smiling. She hopes they are never found, that it just stays him and her, forever.

“Come on,” he lets go of her hand and makes a run into the sea sending up sprays of water everywhere.

She stays stood on the beach; she doesn’t want to get wet.

“Come on, the water’s great!” he calls out to her before submerging himself fully and swimming around for a bit. When he next rises, he sees her, still there on the beach but sitting down.

He comes out of the water and over to sit next to her.

“Why don’t you want to come in?” he asks.

She shrugs, clutching her t-shirt closer to her body.

“You know,” he says leaning in so their noses touch, “if you were standing right next to me, you wouldn’t be so cold.”

He loves the way her light grey eyes stare up into his so surprised. Her gaze never wavers when she looks at him. It’s like looking at the moon when his eyes find hers.

Then he gently tugs at her shirt lifting it over her chest and finally over her head. She lets him.

Then standing up, she is finally convinced to take her shorts off. He wants to stare at her perfect body and how her bikini fits her so perfectly, but he doesn’t. He forces his eyes to look somewhere else. He picks her nose. It is so perfectly formed and shaped.

He laughs at himself and his thoughts for a moment before grabbing her hand and wildly pulls her into the sea.

She shrieks when the water first touches her feet but then he dunks her in fully. When she gets up, her long wavy hair sticks to her skin, water running off in ribbons.

She frowns at him for a second before he splashes her with water laughing. Everything about his laugh makes her warm inside, so she smiles back before splashing him.

They stay out in the sea until the sun starts to fade.

He points upwards amazed at how the sun and the moon are sharing the same sky, the pink glow spreading like spilt water and mixing with the silver.

She comes up to him, hugging him from behind, resting her head against his shoulders.

Once again, he wants her and this time, he can’t hold back. Keeping in her arms, he turns so that he is facing her. Her bright grey eyes stare up at him again in wonder. He places one hand against her shoulder and one hand against her cheek. He leans in slowly, hesitating just as their noses cross. He is looking for something, any sign that he shouldn’t. He sees none.

Their lips meet for the first time with an explosion of colour.