Forgotten and Unwanted

1/1

“Hey, forgotten,” My friend greeted, smiling.

I rolled his eyes, knowing he didn’t mean it. “Hey, unwanted,” I replied, also not meaning it.

He grinned and wrapped his arm around my waist, like always. We were very close with each other, not having anyone else. We told each other everything and didn’t mind sitting on each other as well as not minding being close. We were just…us.

“We’re hanging out after school again, right?” He asked as we walked to our class.

“Course,” I answered. We always hung out at my house after school, for several reasons. One, he was, as his nickname stated, unwanted in his house. Another reason was I was, as I was nicknamed, forgotten in my house. No one even noticed me, really, so it didn’t matter if we were there.

“Hey, bro,” Jeremy greeted my buddy, ruffling up his hair. “I have a game tonight, you coming?”

Timothy shook his head. “No thanks,” He muttered, not wanting to be talking to his brother.

“Come on, man, you don’t come to any of my games. One wouldn’t hu-”

“Jeremy, come on, dude!” One of his friends tore him away, not letting him continue talking to Timothy.

I smiled and kissed his cheek, softly. “It’s alright. Hey, you wanna spend the night tonight? We can listen to all the accomplishments made by Victoria,” I offered, grimacing.

He shook his head, smiling. “Doesn’t that sound fun? She’ll probably try and put makeup on me again,” He grumbled.

“But you’re such a pretty girl,” I teased, grinning.

He licked my cheek, grinning. “I’m a puppy, woof,” He told me.

I giggled and shook my head. “We’re gonna be late for class and have Mr. Mitchel humiliate us.” I frowned at the thought. I hated being late and opening the door for people to stare. Why did they have to stare?

“We won’t be late and I won’t let him. I’m the witty one, remember?” He smiled and kissed my cheek. We walked into class as the bell rang, leaving Mr. Mitchel to say nothing, thankfully. We went straight to our seats and I got my notebook out to write to Timothy. He was the one to talk in class, if either of us. We were both quiet, though I was also too shy to talk.

We were quick to do what was written on the board, a few notes passed back and forth. I, as always, was looking forward to tonight, when I’d get my friend to myself. I had one of the biggest crushes on my best friend, who was the opposite of unwanted to me.

Image

Timothy and I walked to my house from the school, when the final bell rang. We had little homework for the weekend and the things we had were easy enough. “Hey, wanna go to the bench before we go to the chaos home?” He asked, smiling.

I nodded, grinning. “Sure.”

We took a slight detour from the track to my house to go to the bench, where we had first met. It seemed to be in the exact center of both our houses and we had both gone there to escape our personal hells. We met there in the middle of the night sometimes. It was our spot.

Timothy was biting his lip as we sat down, putting our bags off to the side, not worrying about them. “You okay, Timothy?” I asked, concerned.

He nodded, sighed, and shook his head. “No… I have to tell you something, Alex…”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “What’s up?” He sighed again, tears welling in his eyes, making my eyes widen. “Timmy, what’s wrong?” I asked moving his small body onto my lap. He shook his head and moved to get off, making me really concerned. I held him still. “Timmy, you can tell me anything,” I reminded him, looking into his dark eyes.

He closed his eyes, tightly, before nodding. He took a deep breath and before I could blink he pressed his lips to mine. They were there and gone before I realized and he was blushing and looking at our laps, nervously. I bit my lip, smiling.

He kissed me, I thought, happily.

I tilted his chin up to press my lips to his. He smiled, blushing, when our lips left each other. “I like you,” I told him softly, looking down at our laps.

He tilted my chin up this time, smiling. “I like you too…” He moved his legs so he was more comfortable and smiled at me. “A lot,” He added.

I smiled up at him and we connected our lips. This time we stayed together longer and our hands wandered - innocently. We smiled at each other.

“You’ll never be unwanted to me,” I told him.

“I’ll never forget you,” He replied, kissing me again.