I Miss You!

#1

What happens when you miss someone who isn’t alive anymore? What happens when you miss someone even though you see them everyday? What happens when it’s the same person that you miss?

I’m Kayin, I’m 28 years old, and the person I miss the most died when I was 24. He was my boyfriend, and he got killed because he loved me. Together we lived in a community that was very accepting of who were as a couple. We were two men involved in a homosexual relationship, yet everyone around us didn’t treat us differently just because we loved each other. Everyone would tell us how envious they were of how in love we were with each other, we were so in love that Dean proposed to me. It was a thoughtful proposal, he took me to the place that we met, even though it meant flying to Colorado. We met at an Olive Garden, I was working and he was set up on a blind date. The guy he was with wasn’t someone you’d picture him to be with, he was overly scruffy and didn’t even dress nice. Dean paid the bill for the two, and on the back of his receipt he wrote “I’d rather have gone on a date with you” along with that he wrote his number, I never called him, though. Two weeks later after me not calling him he came back in, and I wasn’t working. He asked my friend Lory who was working for my number, she thought he was good looking and was tired of me moping about being single so she gave him my number. We had dated for 7 years before he proposed to me. He proposed to me on the street corner outside of the Olive Garden where I used to work, I said yes. Someone must have seen the proposal was between two men and immediately we were separated. Someone held on to Dean while I had managed to escape the hold on my capturer to go run to get help. I ran into the building of Olive Garden and called the police using my cellphone. When emergency services had told me that a unit had been dispatched I walked out of the Olive Garden to see Dean lying on the sidewalk covered in blood. He had been taped at the mouth and stabbed through his chest. When the police arrived they called for an ambulance, when the EMT’s got to the scene they had picked him up and drove him away to the nearest hospital. When I got to the hospital, courtesy of the police, I was informed that Dean had been classified as a DOA, dead on arrival.

The man I had been with for over 7 years died just because he loved me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the start of it!
I'm terrible at finishing things that I start so please be patient with me!