Status: In progress

Stolen Kisses

Perfection is unachievable

The sun rays shone brightly through the open curtains, reflecting off the glass windows and scattering around the room like splashes of golden raindrops. I turned to my side as my eyes fluttered open, to see none other than Draco Malfoy propped up on his elbow with his palm against his head, smiling at me. The ice in his clear blue eyes melted as they connected with mine, and my face broke into a smile.
“Morning” I whispered, not wanting to disturb the serenity of the moment. Draco grinned at the sound of my voice. He said nothing, but placed his hand on the back of my head to pull me closer, and placed a breath taking kiss on my lips. I smiled as he let go, feeling the blood rush back to my face. “That’s probably the best good morning I’ve ever received” I whispered, causing Draco to chuckle.
“You know me. I’m not one for being conventional” he murmured, nuzzling his nose against mine.
“Since when have you begun creeping into my bed in the mornings?” I asked, looking up into his eyes curiously. They always slightly made me forget where I was, what the time was, what my name was…
“Who said anything about morning? I’ve been here all night” he murmured, placing a light kiss on my lips. I frowned slightly
“Really? How come?” I asked, my hands snaking around his body to press him against me. Draco hugged me back, placing his ear against mine as he pressed himself tightly to me.
“You were having a nightmare” he told me in a lower volume. I was confused since I couldn’t remember having a nightmare. I couldn’t remember anything about my dreams.
“What about?” I asked, stroking his hair lightly. Draco was silent for a while.
“You called my name…” he started, seeming hesitant. “You were saying the same things you said two nights ago” Draco told me eventually. I didn’t need to be reminded what happened two nights ago. We’d had our biggest fight yet. It had been over something so stupid that we couldn’t even remember it, but it had been tense ever since. Draco and I had arguments more often nowadays. But that fight was something on a whole other level. To be honest it scared me. It made me doubt our entire relationship. I was the main culprit for letting my mouth run wild and saying any old thing that popped into my head. I’d since apologized, but I knew that those words had left behind a scar.

I hugged Draco tighter, not wanting to let him go as my eyes watered.
“I’m sorry” I told him a minute voice. I was afraid to raise my voice in case it cracked out of sadness. Draco pressed his lips against my neck lovingly
“It’s ok” he murmured into my shoulder, hugging me back just as tightly. I smiled lightly as I thought of our relationship. Sure, we had our fights, but we always drifted back to each other. It’s like we were two opposite ends of a magnet. No matter how far we drifted away, we always snapped back into place next to each other. It’s like we were meant for each other.