Misty.

01.

Zayn groaned, tipping his head back and closing his eyes. He was hungover, he was tired, and he was pretty sure the bitch from last night gave him something; his dick burned every time he used the head. The last place he wanted to be was at the beach. He argued with the boys for hours but he already knew, with four against one, he was stuck with his idiotic friends at an over crowded beach while the temperature was nearing the hundreds.

“I guess we better be getting back before Paul goes mental.” Liam announced, slipping his shirt back over his head. Zayn hadn't even noticed that the sun had began to set, igniting the horizon with flames of orange and red. He sat up entranced by the sight in front of him. The way the waves kissed the shore in a beautiful rhythm. He didn't want to be here in the first place but he was suddenly wanting to stay and never leave.

“I'm going to stay a little longer.” He said. The other boys shrugged, gathering all of their stuff and beginning their short walk back to the apartment they rented for the month they were going to be in Florida.

He dropped his sunglasses and his shirt onto the sand, dipping a toe into the water before diving in completely. The way the water wrapped itself around his body kept him moving through the currents. He couldn't swim so why he had jumped in was beyond reasoning.

Suddenly, he was splashing and sinking, clawing desperately at the water so he could force himself back to the surface. He had gone further out then he expected and now he could see his life flashing before his eyes.

I'm going to die. He thought to himself and surprisingly, he was okay with it. It was ironic though; from day to day, he felt like he was drowning in fans and autographs, interviews and concerts and now, here he was, literally drowning.

Image

Misty watched, eyes glued to the dark haired lad and still clinging to the slimy rock. The sun was setting and she could see that the boys were packing up their things, preparing themselves to leave the shore. Misty wasn't ready for him to leave because who knows if he'll ever come back.

And then, his friends were walking off, waving at him as he stared past the water. Misty smiled to herself as he dove in, waiting anxiously for him to come back to the surface. After a few minutes, Misty automatically knew something was wrong. The water was colder and more fierce; it was sucking the life out of her human.

She pushed herself away from the rock, dipping under neath the water and turning her head every which way. It had gotten dark and though she was used to the water with no light, she still couldn't put her eye on the man.

She swam forward, eyes darting back and forth when finally, she caught sight of him. The closer she swam, the more beautiful he became, even with his lifeless eyes and paled skin. Misty reached forward, grabbing his elbow and swimming toward the surface. When they reached the top, she had expected sputtering of water and a 'Who are you?' to fall from his lips. Instead, she got silence.

She wrapped her arm around his torso, sighing to herself and swimming up to the shore, where luckily there were no more people. She was too late. Her human was dead.

No words came from her mouth as she stared at the breathless creature in front of her. Her soft fingers traced over his arms, his legs, his face; his body was still warm even after being submerged in the icy water. After tracing every single one of his facial features, Misty stopped at his lips, brushing her fingers over them softly.

She could save him.

Leaning forward, she pressed her cold lips to his. Her hand resting on his chest, she let her own life flow into him. A pain shot through her tail and yet, she still didn't pull away, desperate to give this human his life back.

And then, he was coughing, water pouring from his mouth and nose. His eyes still had yet to open and Misty was so thankful for that. She looked down to her tail, splashing it against the wet sand and smiled. She reached forward, rubbing her hand across and pulling back, a single scale tucked into her palm.

Before she could do anything about it, she fell backwards, hitting the sand with a soft thud. Her eyes rolled back in her head and an unimaginable pain shot through her body. Her tail ripped apart, separating into two parts and her scales fell from her body and hit the ground, instantly turning to dust. Replacing her tail were now two legs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, i'm sorry. That was absolutely terrible but I tried. Thank you to everyone that has already subscribed and a special thanks to Vampira and Liesel for being my first two commenters! :)