Whirlwind

Paint a picture with my hands

I awoke sometime in the morning feeling relaxed, happy, and deliciously sore. I turned my head, eyes falling on Tom’s sleeping face. His mouth was open slightly and he was snoring softly. I smiled, recalling last night, glad it wasn’t fuzzy around the edges from the alcohol.

I remembered Tom telling me how he had never done anything like this before, and instantly I was worried. We had both been a bit intoxicated last night, by alcohol, by each other… what if he woke up and regretted this? What if he woke up and didn’t want to see me ever again?

I sat up slowly, holding the blanket up to my naked chest as I stared down at him. He was almost more beautiful in sleep. And there was just something about him that made me not want to lose him. I wasn’t sure I could face him if he decided this was a mistake. I couldn’t bring myself to regret this. Everything had just been so wonderful.

I sighed softly, deciding to get out of bed and take a shower. I hoped that if he woke up and I wasn’t there, and if he decided he didn’t want to see me anymore that he would just leave. I didn’t want to have any awkward conversations about how it had been fun, but a mistake. I just didn’t think I could face it.

I got out of bed carefully, slightly self conscious as I walked towards the bedroom door without any clothes on. When I got to the bathroom, I brushed my teeth quickly; morning breath was the worst.

Tom’s Point of View

I awoke just in time to see Sarah slip out of the room, still naked. I couldn’t help but smile. When she didn’t return, I wondered if maybe she wanted me to leave. I really had no idea what the protocol was for these situations.

When I had met Sarah, saving her from that creep, I had never imagined I would eventually end up in her bed. I just didn’t do things like this! I was the guy who turned up the romance, brought the girl flowers, took her to a nice restaurant. I wasn’t the guy who got the girl drunk and then slept with her, only knowing a handful of information.

But she didn’t seem like the average girl. She wasn’t looking for romance, she had proved that last night. Would you think I’m a terrible person if I said that I have? Her words were still there, clear as day, as if she had only just uttered them. I wondered if she had a lover back home.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the shower being turned on and I sat up in the bed, trying to decide what I should do. Should I just leave? Would that be best?

I sighed. In all honesty, leaving was the last thing I wanted to do. Something about her made me want to know her better. Something about the playful glint in her eyes, always quickly followed by a shadow of doubt, of worry… There was just something about her, something in her life that had changed her. I could tell that shine in her eyes was just hiding something even deeper and darker, something she didn’t want to share.

But somehow, I knew I could get her to share it with me. And I wanted her to. I wanted to hear every last excruciating detail. I wanted to be the one to pull her from the darkness. It was odd, the way I was thinking about her, when I hardly even knew her and she hardly knew me.

Feeling bold, I climbed out of the bed, not bothering with clothes, and headed straight for the bathroom.

Sarah’s Point of View

When I finally got under the hot water of the shower, I tried to relax and tried not to think of Tom. Tried not to think about Tom’s hands and how they felt as they had caressed my skin or the way his mouth and tongue and teeth had felt against my breasts. I shivered at the memories.

I jumped and almost fell as the shower curtain was suddenly pulled back, and there was Tom. Tom, who just happened to be standing gloriously naked in front of me. I resisted the urge to steal a glance at his lower half.

I felt my cheeks redden as we just stood there, staring at each other.

“Mind if I join you?” he asked finally. I shook my head slightly and watched as he carefully climbed into the shower, pulling the curtain closed once again. Without another word, he reached around me and picked up my bottle of body wash. I moved to the side a bit so he could get under the stream of water better.

I watched as he squirted some of the body wash into his hand and began to lather it up after he had returned the bottle to its spot. I knew my mouth was hanging open as he started to wash himself, rubbing the lather over his chest and shoulders. He glanced at me and smiled and after a moment, I smiled back before hastily picking up my shampoo bottle.

I leaned back to rinse the shampoo out of my hair, and that’s when I felt Tom finally touch me. His hands moved in tentative circles over my stomach before slowly moving up to my breasts, and then shoulders. I looked down to see the sudsy trail his hands left as he washed me. This was new. I had actually never showered with a guy before.

When my hair was fully rinsed, I felt Tom’s hands on my hips as he turned me around. He reached for my conditioner, and I gasped when I felt his erection near my hip. I turned around carefully, knocking the bottle from his hand before reaching up to pull his face to mine.

His lips found mine easily and his tongue immediately claimed my mouth. He grabbed a hold of my hips, pulling me closer to him and I let out a moan as I felt him again. I was glad he had stayed… something about him was just deliciously intoxicating. I couldn’t get enough.

Reluctantly, I pulled away from him and turned the water off before quickly climbing out of the shower. While the thought of shower sex turned me on greatly, I didn’t want to risk ruining the moment by slipping and falling.

Once out of the shower, Tom pushed his body back against mine until I felt the sharp edge of the counter pressing painfully against my sensitive skin, a gasp escaping my mouth. Tom swiftly lifted me up and sat me on the edge as he moved himself between my legs.

Thank God he decided to stay.

---

“I really don’t know what’s come over me. You’ve gotten inside my head—quickly and easily too, I might add.”

I laughed and nuzzled my face against his neck. We were back in the bed, sleepy and content and slightly damp.

“Sarah?” he spoke again after a few minutes.

“Hmm.” It’s all I could manage. I really wanted to fall back to sleep.

“I just want to let you know I don’t regret any of this,” Tom said quietly. I lifted my head so that I could meet his gaze.

“I figured as much when you joined me in the bathroom,” I said. “Though I’m glad you said something. I was a bit worried that you would regret it.”

“I don’t think I could even if I wanted to,” he said. I studied his face for a moment before he spoke again. “So what does this mean now?”

My eyes continued to move over his face, trying to find the right words for this.

“I don’t do relationships,” I finally said quietly. He nodded his head slightly.

“Do you want to do that whole… what is it? Friends with benefits?” he asked after a moment. I laughed softly and he smiled. “May I ask why you don’t do relationships?”

“Maybe later,” I said, laying my head back down. I didn’t want to ruin the mood, plus my parents’ weren’t something I enjoyed talking about.

At some point I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up, Tom was gone, the space on the bed beside me cold. I felt slightly disappointed at the fact that he had left, but I quickly pushed the feeling away.

Feeling disappointed was for the weak. Not for me. Not for someone who had a few reliable people (mainly Colin) I could count on to fulfill my needs when they were called. That’s all Tom was, and he knew that. I hoped he knew that. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy, and I didn’t want him to get hurt. I knew I could control my feelings and stay completely unattached.

We were just two people from different points in the world who had come together to provide what each of us needed: companionship. I was sure that Tom must have been lonely, because why else would he sleep with me? I didn’t like to admit to my own loneliness, but sometimes it just couldn’t be helped. Just getting some kind of contact, even sexual, could stifle those feelings when they boiled to the surface.

After pulling myself together, I climbed out of bed and stretched, enjoying the pull in my muscles. I groaned, curling my toes into the soft carpet before heading over to the dresser in the bedroom to pull out some clothes.

I decided that I’d get some lunch, courtesy of room service, and then visit a few of the shops that I had seen on this street. Maybe I’d pick out a few more outfits in case Tom wanted to go out somewhere again soon.

As I entered the main section of the room, and plopped down into one of the chairs with the hotel menu in hand, I heard an unfamiliar beep come from near the doorway. When I looked in that direction, I smiled when I saw my heels still laying just inside the doorway and not far from that my clutch. I realized my new phone was in there and hurried over to it, pulling it out of the clutch and saw that I had a text message. I knew it had to be from Tom. He was the only one who had this number.

Sorry for leaving without saying goodbye. You looked peaceful. x.

May I ask why you left? I carried the phone over to the chair with me and set it on the arm as I resumed looking at the menu. My phone beeped as I was preparing to call room service on the hotel phone. I decided to call room service before looking at the text.

Once my food was ordered, I picked up the cell phone and read his message: I have a few meetings today. Do you have plans?

I was thinking I’d go shopping… buy some more clothes.

My favourite colour is green. x I smiled at his text, quickly replying.

I would have thought blue…

Both are fine colour’s. That dress was lovely on you.

Well, I have my personal shopper to thank for that. I waited for a reply, but one never came. I figured he must have gone into one of the meetings he had this afternoon. When my food came, I sat in front of the television, picking some random TV show that I didn’t understand.

I pushed a few buttons on the remote, trying to find something else to watch and somehow managed to find where to order movies to watch on the TV. I flicked through the selections, nothing sounding even a little bit familiar until I saw something I remembered from a recent conversation… ‘Thor.’ I turned the TV off figuring I’d hurry and do some shopping and then come back to relax in the evening and watch the movie… see Tom in action.

---

After shopping in a few shops and getting some outfits I thought were nice, probably uncomfortable, and unsuitable for work, I headed back in the direction of my hotel. Realizing it was getting a bit late and that I hadn’t eaten since that afternoon, I opted for room service again.

I went through my new clothes as I waited for my food to arrive, hanging them up carefully in the closet in the bedroom.

When my food arrived, I again sat in front of the TV, but this time knowing exactly what I was going to watch. I went through the whole process of ordering the movie on my television and it finally started. I couldn’t believe I was actually watching this. I couldn’t even remember what the last movie I watched was.

---

Just watched Thor. You are amazing. I sent Tom a quick text before deciding to get ready for bed. It was late, and I was actually tired. My phone beeped as I crawled into my bed.

You’re making me blush. Thank you. I laughed at his text and my phone beeped again, signaling another text from him. Are you free tomorrow?

Yes, I am.

Good. Your tour guide would like to give you a proper tour of London.

Well let him know I’d appreciate it…especially after that last time.

Yes, ma’am. He deeply regrets his failures of that day, but hopes he made up for it later that night. I blushed at his text.

He more than made up for it…

He is glad to hear it. 11 work for you?

Yes, that sounds good.

See you then. x

Goodnight. I smiled, placing my phone on the nightstand beside the bed before switching off the lamp. Eleven couldn’t come soon enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'm pretty happy with how this chapter turned out... The next update is gonna slow things down a bit. I just love writing this so much.

And seriously, 34 subscribers already!? Thank you so, so much to those of you who have commented and recced-- I truly appreciate it!

Next update, will hopefully be Sunday depending on whether I have internet and if I have the next chapter completed.

Also, has anyone seen this (NSFW, just in case). I'm buying this movie ASAP. ::file:

~Sally

[Chapter title credit: Sunday Morning - Maroon 5]