Status: Enjoy!

A Necessary Evil

Trade.

I was only seven when we moved to a place where the sun shinned all the time and there was no life other than camels and humans. With the scorching heat and the constant brigades of illegal trafficking and not what it made things difficult. My older brother (at the time 12) was somehow caught up in all of that. He and mom were the only source of any kind of income.

Mom cried for days when the guards had caught him. She cried about she would lose her kid forever. And at the time of being eight; I thought that if I took his place that she would love me more than she did at that very moment.

The following day they allowed family to see the prisoners one last time; I switched with him. We changed clothes and the next thing I knew I was being brought out with the rest of the prisoners to this gigantic brick hole.

They tied a rope around my waist.

They lowered me in slowly.

My feet met the cold stone floor.

That was it. They untied the rope and I met everyone's gaze. They were all older men, gangly, beefy, short and tall. I quivered in fear and intimidation.

The first month no one messed with me. They looked at me like a little kid who was at the right place in the wrong time. But after awhile they got tired of that small little kid. They started to push me around. Then one day it got bad, they started to hit. They backed me into a corner. I really thought I was going to die there.

But here he came, he knocked the others out cold and brought his gaze down to me as he held out one of his hands. “It's okay.” He pulled down the dirty green rag from his face. He was gentle but his eyes were cold. “Are you okay?” I nodded and put my small and boney hand in his. “What is your name child?” I hesitated. “Your name?” He asked again. “Emlyn.” I whispered.

“You are not a little boy are you?” I shook my head. “Come.” He pulled me up from the dirty cold floor. “I will protect you, no worries.” He was gentle to me and one other. One that he protected to no end. One who was believed to have been born down in this hell.

About two years went by. I had managed to befriend the other little girl. One night I heard them talking. They were planning to get her out. “I can help.” I whispered. They looked at me in shock but nodded. “I'll try to get both of you out.” The gentle man was all I knew him as, he never told me his real name or cared to mention it. I sighed. Deep in my heart I knew I wasn't going to make it.

The following morning we followed through with the plan but during the transition from night to day the word somehow spread across the pit that we were trying to escape.

Men came from all sides. He carried her while I ran behind. I was only a couple years younger than her. I stopped in the midst of it and turned around. He taught me to fight so I was going to try; key word try to stop them. I kicked two of them where the sun doesn't shine and I punched the other in the mouth but a brute of a man pushed me down some stairs.

I remember looking up. I could see the group of men surround him as she climbed up the wall. She then jumped to a brick and climbed up and out. I blacked out after wards.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Dark Knight fan fic! I hope you enjoyed it!

Please comment and subscribe and tell me to keep or kill.