Status: Enjoy!

A Necessary Evil

Years.

I had a dream that I never went into the pit, that my mother loved me and we lived somewhere, where it snowed 24/7. But when I opened my eyes I realized there is no world like that, that's fit for me.

I opened my eyes. I was laying in his lap. He had a rag wrapped around his entire head except for his eyes. “Wh-what happened!?” I sat up and turned to him. “I wasn't able to get you out.” I smiled then sat next to him and put my head on his shoulder. “You got her out didn't you?” He nodded. “Then that's all that matters.” I looked up to him once more. From underneath the rag I could see blood around his mouth. “What happened?” I reached up but he snatched my hand. “Don't.”

His words were cold, distant and weak. “Whatever happened you need to get looked at by the doctor.” He nodded as he tried to stand up but fell to his knees. “Help!” A Second later the doctor came running and helped him up and took him to his cell where I wasn't allowed. Over the next couple of weeks he underwent extensive surgery with what little tools the doctor had.

After that he never took off his rag when I was around. He was still the silent and reserved person but he was colder which didn't bother me. He taught me how to fight, I fought like him it felt amazing to go from a seven year old girl who was weak to an 18 year old woman who could beat anyone up.

“Come here.” He rarely talked nowadays. It was hard for him it just hurt too much. “What?” I tied my hair back into a long brown pony tail. He was by the ropes where multiple times people have tried to escape but no one except for her was able to. I looked up like he was; there were people coming down. Not prisoners but actual people.

When they came down there was an older man with a short beard, guards and a woman. “How are you my friend?!” She came up to him clutching his face. It was her; the little girl who I befriended here. She then turned to me. “Emlyn. You've grown.” I smiled in distaste. I didn't like her. She left her so called “friend” for dead. “I've come back for you.” She took him by arm and led him to the older gentleman.

I couldn't hear what they talked about until he raised his voice. “What is this? It's disgusting!” But she fought back. “Father he saved my life, he is the one who got me out of this hole. He's coming with us.” A couple more words were exchanged and then they went back to where I was. They all hooked themselves in. “I will come back for you kid” I smiled knowing that this was probably the last time I would see him. “Stay safe.” I smiled as they were all hoisted back up.

For the next three years I stayed out of everyone's way hoping that he would come back for me but by the fourth year I gave up. I started to train myself for the climb and that jump. I had to do it. I wasn't going to stay down here forever. I couldn't. Now that I was older I realized that taking my brothers place was stupid but in a way I'm glad I did because I met him. He taught me how to be strong and I thank him every day for that.

When I finally turned 22 I decided for my birthday present I was going to get out. A guy tied the rope around my waist. I pulled my hair back in a tight bun. I stretched and started to climb. The wall was cold at the bottom but the higher I climbed the warmer it got thanks to the sun. I reached the halfway point. I untied the rope and let it fall back down. I stood up to my feet. This was it. If I didn't make it I would die.

I could feel my heart beat in my mouth. I didn't want to do this. I took a deep breath then jumped. For that small instant I had my life flash before my eyes. But most of the memories I had wasn't of my of my so called loving mother and my brother but it was of my friend, my brother. He cared for me, protected me, taught me, helped me and even fed me.

My hands barley caught the stone. I could hear people below cheer. I pulled myself up from the stone and continued upwards. I couldn't celebrate until I actually was out of the pit. I climbed a couple more feet then pulled myself to the sand. The sand was hot but it felt great to feel. The sky was a crystal clear color. I looked in the distance to see the same buildings in the background.

I started to walk towards it. I was going to get enough money and leave here and never come back this place was hell and I escaped one part and now I was going to escape the rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I have five chapters already written up on my word and since I already have 2 subscribers (thanks by the way) then I thought I would update again!

Thanks for reading and please comment to tell me if I should keep or kill