Status: Enjoy!

A Necessary Evil

Invasion.

“Hey what's your name?” A blonde haired guy sat down next to me. “Go away.” I continued to work on my paperwork. “I just wanted to know your name.” I looked at him. It's been a full month since I have been out of the pit. I didn't sleep, I barely ate and I worked my jobs and on school all the time. “And I said go away.” So needless to say I wasn't in the mood. He walked away and I went back to looking at the board then writing it down on my notebook. Truth is friends would probably be nice to have but just not here. Not where my dreams were crushed and made into dust before my eyes.

“Mommy, mommy look at what I made!” I watched my little five year old self run into the living room. She didn't even look at me. She said I looked to much like dad. “Go bother someone else.” She waved me away just like that but at the age of five I guess I didn't get it. “Daddy, daddy look!” I ran into the kitchen where my dad stood. He was making lunch in his favorite pair of blue jeans that had white paint stains. “Oh what is it sweetheart?” He picked me up in his arms and I dangled a beaded mess of a necklace in front of him. “Wow! Did you make this?” I smiled and nodded like a fool. “It's for you!” He laughed then put it around his neck.

Who knew that very night mom would rip the necklace off of dad in a fight that escalated too far. “This is it Alexandria! I'm taking our daughter and leaving!” He walked straight into the dinning room as my little 5 year old self watched from the poorly painted stairs. “Oh no you're not!” Dad turned around. He towered over her. “You don't even love her! You can't even look at her without being disgusted that she looks like my side of the family!” Truth is I wanted to go with him. I thought of the two of us living in a country side house with a beautiful berry garden in the back, dad in his favorite jeans and me in one of those white and yellow summer dresses. “You are not taking her!” I didn't want dad to give in but he did. He walked over to the stairs and picked me up in his arms. “Hey baby girl. I love you so much.” That was the first time I saw my hero cry. “Daddy has to go now.”

I gasped for air. I felt a strong amount of weight on my chest. I didn't open my eyes I was kind of afraid to. I tried to muster up and suck in as much air as I could but I ended up coughing. I opened my eyes. The brown book case that John put together in the living room was now on top of me. I go through my memories and what happened before I blacked out.

That's right!

I took my hairband that hung around my wrist and pulled my hair into a bun. I heard something from the living room area. I crouched down and quietly went around the kitchen corner. I didn't see anything but I could hear voices. When I go into the living room the next thing that happened is the book case falling on me.

I struggle with it. I'm trying to get out from under it because I can feel the pain get worse. The more I wiggle the more it hurts. Why did we have to buy a heavy bookcase? I sigh it's still really dark. John probably won't be home until early morning. I can't stay here not for long anyways. Who were those guys anyways? Could they have been robbers? I inhale and exhale slowly and steadily.

Minutes go by and I start coughing. “Crap!” I can't see anything but after I cough I can feel a wet substance. I'm bleeding! I put my hands on the carpet and brace myself. I need to pull. I try once, twice, thrice. Nothing. It actually hurts more when I pull. “Shit!” I slam my hands against the floor then bring them to my face. Tears start to well up in my face. “Bane.” I squeak.

After minutes of silence I realize that he has no clue where I live and since I can barley raise my voice then it's impossible. I muster up whatever strength I have then lift enough to pull myself out of under the bookcase. “Shit.” I cough as I drop the book case. I wobble to my feet and turn on the lights in the living room. I see that the room is mess. I slide down against the wall. I'm bleeding from my left side. “Ah crap.” I look around the room to see what could have done it. I see John and I's bowling trophy covered with red liquid.

I stand up one of my hands touching the white wall and leaving a red hand print. I walk to the front door and walk out. I'm trying not to leave a bloody mess all over the white walls as I pass by. I manage to make it down the stairs and outside. I fall to the cold hard ground but reluctantly push myself to my unstable feet. I start walking down the street I look behind to see my blood trail. My head is throbbing from the loss of blood.

I fall to the ground two more times before reaching the manhole. I know I won't make it to the hospital so Bane is my only hope. I push up the cover with my legs. I slide over to ladder almost falling to the ground. I climb down the ladder using one hand. “Bane?” I call loud enough. I manage to drag my feet where I last saw him. I fumble through the area and find his men. “Where is he?” None of them answer. I fall to the floor and lean against the wet brick. Then Bane appears and walks over to me. “What has happened?” I move my hand to show him my wound. “There were people at my place and they pushed a book case on me.” I cough up blood.

“Find me a doctor!” Kneeling down to me he changed his tone. “Did you see their faces?” I shook my head silently. He picked me up and carried me over to a small rickety metal framed bed. He moved my hand and put his there and applied pressure. I flinched. It hurt. “Don't worry. With Gotham's reckoning, something like this won't happen again.” With that I tried to stay awake but I couldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update I became busy within this past few days. Anyways it's a short chapter because of my stuff I have to handle.

Update: 8/19/2012