Status: Enjoy!

A Necessary Evil

Within.

I have a dream about the pit. About my brother and mother. They're starving, fighting for their lives but I don't care. I'm not lifting a finger to run to them and help them. I know that this is what they deserve and even if it seems evil or twisted I just can't help what I feel.

I wake up. It's night out. I'm still tired as hell but I refuse to go back to sleep. The clock reads 4:45. I stand up and move away from the bed. I go out into the living room. The mess is gone it seems like it never even happened. I clutch my side still feeling the numb pain. I go over to the small black metal balcony. I unlock the glass doors and slide it open. I'm instantly hit by the cool crisp air that is Gotham City. I fold my arms across my chest. My legs begin to get goose bumps. I look out into the distance to see the city still alive and kicking. Building lights on, cars driving by with people on the street.

“This city never seems to sleep huh?” I turn around to see John. “Hey.” I smile. He comes behind me and wraps his arms around me. “Can't sleep?” I shake my head. “I can but I guess I've gotten used to the idea of not sleeping that it affects it. He kisses my neck. “I sometimes find myself hating that I live here. I just want to live on a farm with 15 animals.” I smile. “That sounds great.” I turn around and kiss him. “We could runaway.” I lace fingers through his hair. “We could move to Switzerland and forget about all the worries here.”

“We could go back to bed?” He raises his eyebrow. “Yeah I don't think we could ever leave here. No matter what this place is home. Home is where the heart lies.” John kisses me again. “Home is where the heart lies? My heart lies with you. You're my home.” I smile kissing him. “You're so amazing.” John picks me up to where my legs are wrapping around his waist. “You know what I'm thinking?” I playfully shake my head. “I'm thinking one plus one equals three.” I giggle as he takes me back inside.

I wake up to John's voice. “Yeah. Okay, yeah, mmhmm. I'll be there in ten.” I roll over to see him getting dressed in his uniform. “Who was that?” I yawn and stretch. “Work. We got people down at the bank who are holding the entire place hostage.” I pop up, eyes wide. “You should have told me earlier!” I trip out of bed and strip from the shirt. “I'm a reporter! I need to know these things!” I quickly change clothes. “Can I catch a ride with you?”

“I'm taking the police car.”

“Yeah so? I can just hide. No one has to know.”

“My partner will be with me.”

“Your partner likes me.”

“What about your wound?”

“It's fine. Perfectly fine.”

John glares at me for a half of a second. “Fine but hurry!” I nod and quickly tie my hair back into a loose ugly braid. I wore a black blazer, black pants and purple shirt under it. “You ready?” I nod my head as I grab all the essentials. “Let's go!” We both rushed out the door. I was excited. This was the actual first time that we were leaving for work together. I smiled and grabbed his hand. “You happy?”

“Sure am!” John gives my hand a couple of squeezes. “Last night was great and this morning can't get any better!” I continued as I little hop to my step. “And you really don't hurt?” I shook my head as he unlocked the car. We got in, buckled up and drove off. “So this bank? What's going down?” John made a right turn. “Not entirely sure. All I know is that some guys have taken over and they have the entire place as hostage.” My eyes lit up and I pulled out my notepad and pen. “This might be the best story yet!”

We pull up to a police guarded area. Everything was blocked off. John jumps out. “Stay away from my boss.” I nod as I sneakily get out of the car and slowly make my way up to the front. I start writing down everything I'm hearing and seeing. All the sudden I see people coming out of the front doors. I'm sure what I'm seeing. All the sudden I see four to five bikes bust out of the people. I get down and watch as they fly by. I know the leader is the one with the red color on his helmet.

I jot down all of it. Police car after police car speed past me. Shouldn't they be talking to the hostages instead. I take the advantage and run to the hostages. “Ma'am?!” I see a lady with brown frizzy hair and glasses. “Uh yes?” She was shaking. “What happened in there?” I held her hand. “A bunch of guys came in a shot the place.”

“Did they kill anybody?”

“Not that I know of.”

“Was there a leader?”

“Yeah he had wore a weird black mask over his mouth and nose.”

“Was he bald?”

She nods. Shock runs through my spine. Bane. I chock at the thought. I put my notepad and pen back in my bag. “Is that all?” I nod walking away. I start to bite my nails. Panic was setting in. Why was he robbing Banks? What does all of this have to do with him? He's no petty criminal this I know for sure. I have no car so I hail a taxi. “2nd street please.” The guy nods and takes me there. I was going to go see the mayor. Even though it wasn't our meeting date yet I really needed to talk to him.

He pulled up, I payed him and ran in. I got past the security guards and made it into his office. “Mayor I need to talk to you!” I barge in. Luckily he's by himself. “Miss......Stone I told you I had a specific date and time for us to meet.” I sat down in one of the chairs. “I know you did but this is kind of important.” He looked at me. “How important?” I face him. “It's probably about the same thing you wanted to talk about earlier.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it has errors. I'm super irratated and it's making me lose focus.

Updated: 9/2/2012

Comment and I hoped you enjoyed!