Outta This World

3

We had a lot in common but we also had massive differences, they were brought up mainly in New Jersey but I on the other hand was a California girl born and bred. They were family orientated but I wasn’t, I loved my family but we were so spread out.

My maternal grandparents lived in Texas and my paternal grandparents were in Ireland and of course my parents worked a lot meaning I was happily independent, up until a few years ago I had relied on my brother to be there for me but as I hit my late teens I realised I was capable of living and coping on my own.

They were religious people who went to church every Sunday but I didn’t, my parents if they were both at home and weren’t busy would rather spend time with my brother and I then going to church and therefore it was rare we ever went, of course being their guest I had gone with them to church when they went but it wasn’t something I was about to make a habit of once I left.

I walked downstairs to the kitchen to see Danielle “Hey “ I said as I sat down and she smiled, we weren’t ever going to be best friends but we got on well enough “Dear how did your audition go?” the boys mom asked and I nodded “Okay” I replied and she smiled “You’ll knock them dead with that voice of yours” she said and I smiled in return.

“What is it with traffic in this place?” I heard a familiar voice say and I smiled as the familiar and gorgeous figure of my boyfriend walked through the door. He was the same height as his brothers making him just that bit taller than me, he had dark brown hair and eyes and the best smile ever!

“Hey baby” he said as he walked towards me and I smiled as he kissed my cheek “Your father isn’t home yet” his mom stated and he smiled “We’re going upstairs mom if that’s okay?” he asked and she nodded and he led me off upstairs. We walked into his room and he hugged me “You did great today” he said and I smiled “Thanks, you were pretty good too” I replied.

“I tried extra hard for you, I preferred singing with you it’s not as much effort. Not that I don’t try but I’m used to your voice so I sort of know how to fit mine with it without having to try to find the right pitch and everything” he explained and I nodded. He kissed me and I wrapped my arms round his neck kissing him back.

“Just think of all the time we’ll get to spend together if you get this” he said and I nodded “You looked really weird in them clothes” he stated, “And what is that meant to men Joe?” I asked and he laughed, “That you didn’t look like normal, it was like you were another girl.”

“I didn’t like it one bit and this hair colour is annoying me” I said and he ran his fingers through my hair “You look better with our natural black, this makes you look strange” he admitted and I looked at him again “Not a bad strange just not my Jess” he added and I beamed at him.

They shouted us and we walked downstairs together and all ate together, I got up taking Joe and mine’s plates to the kitchen “Thanks Mrs Jonas” I said and she smiled “I wish you’d call me Denise” she said as I turned to walk out “Can I have a talk to you please?” she added and I nodded and she waited for Danielle to leave.

“Dear you do want to be doing this audition thing don’t you?” she asked and I nodded “Really because it seems to me the boys wanted it more than you” she added and I smiled “They do want it more than me but that’s only because I’m not bothered if I don’t get it, I mean it a great opportunity but I’m not blinded by it” I admitted and she smiled.

“Good girl, we’re watching a movie tonight if you 2 are joining us in the lounge?” she asked and I nodded before walking out “I’m good thank you sir you?” I heard Joe say and I looked at him weird and he pointed to my phone “She’s here now sir” he said handing me my phone.