Paint Yourself a Picture, Something Perfectly Obscure

17

It got to 11 and there was a knock on the door and I opened it to see Jack “You left this” I said handing him Nala and he smiled “I know I did thanks” he replied kissing my cheek as he took it from me, “Come on we best get going, Rian always gets on at me for being late” he said smiling.

I got in his car and he smiled ”You know I’m a good driver don’t listen to what the others say” he said and I looked at him “So they never said anything, they say I’m a bad driver but I’m not. Well I am but only when they’re in the car and only to scare them, I am doing nothing to calm you down am I?” he asked and I laughed. “No but it’s fine” I said and he smiled.

We got to where they were meeting and he was actually a good driver, or rather he was because I was in the car. We got out and he grabbed my arm “I need to give you a little talk, Talon is amazing you’ll love her. She’s so funny and laidback the only thing that annoys her is Rian when he’s drunk but apart from that she’s great. Helen well I’ve talked about Helen last night. They’re both girlfriends but Kayla whatever you do don’t call her Zack’s girlfriend, he will freak out if you do” he explained and I nodded.

“Remember I said about Zack having a friend? Well that’s Kayla and they’re erm…well they’re friends with benefits, if someone refers to her as his girlfriend she gets the idea he wants to date her and he doesn’t want to he just wants to sleep with her sometimes. It sounds bad but she suggested the whole friends situation, oh and don’t mention him checking girls outs because she’ll freak out. He sounds like a really bad person for it all but he’s not they dated in high school and it never worked out and he does like her but he doesn’t want to date her again and well she came up with this and he just went a long with it, okay I think that’s it all” he said with a smile.

“Okay” I said and he smiled kissing me “Come on otherwise Rian will be all over my ass” he said linking his fingers through mine and pulling me with him “Hey you losers!” Jack shouted as he walked in the door “Alright handsome, oh hi” Rian said smiling at me and Zack ran at me hugging me “Jack I was about to be mad at you for bailing last night but you brought her so we’re all good” Zack said hugging me and Jack let my hand go.

“Sorry if I’m late, I dropped by Dillon’s to get her to come with” Jack explained “Oh don’t worry, Alex is late” Rian said as he sat on a chair “Yeah I bet him and Helen had an argument last night and we’ll all have to hear about it over and over again, your alright he gets up and plays she sits and fucking whines to me about it, stupid cow” a red head girl said before her eyes fell on me.

Rian laughed, “Dillon meet my charming girlfriend Talon, Talon this is Jacks friend Dillon” he said and she smiled “Hi, aww Jacky got a friend” she said and he smiled at her “See I can make friends Talon” Jack replied sitting down and pulling me to sit on his knee. “Zack where’s…” “She’s outback on the phone” Zack replied and Rian smiled “Yeah him and the mrs had an argument” Rian said and Zack glared at him “She’s not my fucking mrs you jackass” he snapped and Jack laughed “See I told you” he whispered in my ear.

“So we need to think of a task for Alex seeing as he’s the last one here” Rian said changing the topic “Going out with her should be a task enough, how does he do it?” she asked and they shrugged as she looked at Jack “She’s a demon in bed and they’re his words” he said and she laughed “Well that’s obviously reason enough, nice to know he’s not shallow” she said and Rian laughed “You get punched last night?” Jack asked and Zack shook his head.

“Nah didn’t meet any nice girls either but on the bright side Rian did strip down to his boxers in the club so it was an overall good night” Zack said and Talon rolled her eyes “Why are you such a stripper?” she asked and he smiled at her kissing her cheek “At least I wasn’t walking down the street topless like Barakat” he said and she looked at him “Yeah how are you today?” she asked and he nodded “Fixed. Cold walk, 2 shots of tequila when I got home and sleep and I’m all good,” he said and I smiled.

“What?” he asked “Your medical methods are crappy,” I said and he smiled “It worked didn’t it?” he asked and I poked his side and he squirmed “Okay so it still hurts but I’m not going to cry like I nearly did last night when you did that” he said “You stayed at hers last night?” Zack asked jumping onto any mention of last night “No I went home, I was at hers before we met Alex. We’re not all like you Zachary,” he said and he smiled winking.

“So Dillon your from around here?” she asked and I nodded “I live like a block away from Jack” I answered “Cool, how did you meet?” she asked and Jack laughed “She came to our last gig but she doesn’t like us all that much” he explained and she laughed “Good bet that made your ego take a knock” she said and he laughed ”I’m not the one with the ego, that’s Alex” he said and she smiled.

“The girl is a great drummer” Rian informed, “Yeah and she can play guitar and piano too, you should see this one room in her house. It’s like a frikkin music shop,” Jack said and I smiled. “Anyway what you 2 had an argument over?” Jack asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me to lean on him. “She wants me to be her date to this wedding she’s going to and I said no, she says I should treat her better and I told her she shouldn’t text me when she’s in bed with some random guy and well she didn’t take it all too well” he said leaning back on his chair.

“Please say your normal Dillon because I can’t cope anymore without a sane person. I have little miss whiny bitch on one side and little miss Zack’s bitch on the other” she said and I laughed “Yeah she’s normal your safe” Rian said and she smiled. Everyone heard shouting before the door opened “Here they come” joked Jack as the door slammed.

“Stop your bitching Helen! Why do you always have to cause a scene and make drama! She said hello to me the way your going on it’s like I stripped her naked and had sex with her right in front of you!” Alex shouted and Talon rolled her eyes as Rian laughed and Jack buried his face in my neck laughing. “Well it looked like you fucking wanted too! Your mouth was wide open,” she shouted at him and he just kept walking over and he smiled as his eyes hit everyone.