Paint Yourself a Picture, Something Perfectly Obscure

18

“Oh I know that look” Jack whispered in my ear and I looked at him “Alex was caught checking another girl out and he doesn’t regret it” he whispered and I looked at him “Alex likes to appreciate other girls body’s sometimes, he’d never cheat but he likes to look” he said before kissing me.

“Helen so what I looked at her as she spoke to me, girls talk to me all the time and guys an I look at them” he snapped looking over his shoulder at her “Yeah but you don’t undress them all with your eyes do you!” she screamed as a small dark haired girl walked in “That’s Kayla” Jack whispered and Talon stood up so Rian could move his chair to be next to us and then sat back on his knee.

“You guys are dicks you know that right?” she asked and Jack looked at her “What have I done? I’m sat here minding my own business!” he said and she laughed, “I know you are, you 2 are the only sensible ones in this band,” she said and Rian smiled. “So what’s the verdict?” she whispered and Jack looked over at Alex and Helen who were still shouting at each other before looking at her “Some girl spoke to him, he checked her out, Helen saw and knowing Alex he made some flirty comment to the girl” Jack said.

“I hope you treat girls better Jack” she said and he nodded against my neck “I’m a good boy and you all know it” he said before kissing my neck softly and we all looked over as Zack and Kayla started shouting. “Thanks guys for being dick’s, we’re not all argumentative pricks honestly Dillon” he said and I smiled “We make great first impressions don’t we” Talon joked.

“Ergh I’ve had enough of this, excuse me babe” Jack said and I stood up and he got up “Heads up he’s about to shout” Rian warned “Shut the fuck up!” Jack shouted and they all looked at him “Seriously your acting like a bunch of kids! Alex don’t turn up late and carry your fucking argument on. We pay to practise here and we’re wasting our money on your stupid arguments! Helen if you pissed at him stay at home don’t come along so you can carry on arguing this isn’t what our times for!” he shouted at them.

“The same goes for you 2, just because they’re arguing doesn’t mean you can just start! Grow up the lot of you; I am not wasting my time and money on your pathetic arguments so sort it out right now! If you’re staying then shut the fuck up, this is why we had a girlfriend ban in the first fucking place!” he shouted and they all stayed quiet.

“That’s them told,” Talon whispered and Rian smiled at her “Sorry” Alex said and Jack nodded “Yeah me too” Zack said and he looked at him. “Want to start practise?” Rian asked and Jack nodded turning around to face us “Sorry I shouted guys” he apologized and Rian smiled as he pushed Talon off him kissing her.

“Stay with Talon” he said smiling at me and kissing me before walking off with Rian and Talon smiled at me as I sat back down. We sat talking while the guys talked “Can you see now why they annoy me?” she asked and I smiled “I’m surprised Jack hasn’t quit yet, he hates confrontation and they just argue all the time. I guess your not a drama person either otherwise he wouldn’t be around you” she said and I shook my head.

“So Jack must be keen to bring you here, in the whole time I’ve dated Rian I’ve never known him bring a girl to band practise. It’s a shame, he’s such a nice guy but he’s dead awkward to get to know. I remember the first time Rian brought me along Jack never said a word he just sat there quietly, he’s dead funny once you get to know him though and he just relaxes” she said and I nodded.

“Sorry I talk too much, Rian tells me off all the time for never letting people talk. As a warning them 2 will be full of questions about you guys when they stop being moody, Kayla is well Jack has explained the situation I’m sure and she’s a bit blunt. Helen is just a dick, she’ll keep asking until you just tell her to get lost. I never get why they’re together because Alex deserves a hell of a lot better than her sometimes” she said and I looked over as Helen stormed out.

“She’s such a fucking dick” I heard Alex say and Jack laughed “Dude you shouted that” he said and Alex shook his head turning his back on us and playing his guitar. “Don’t you worry about them lot, Rian is an idiot but its part of his charm, Zack is lovely but he likes to do things his way, Alex can be an utter dick but he won’t be to you because of Jack” she said and I looked at her confused.

“Why does Jack make a difference?” I asked and she smiled “Because Jack and Alex are like brothers, if Jack likes you Alex likes you and he’ll treat you the way Jack does. Jack is the strange one, once you get him onside your fine but before then he’s very distant and cautious with you. Alex can be a bad influence on him,” she explained and I laughed.

“Alex sounds like the one to watch” I stated and she smiled nodding “Got it in one, anyway what are you doing after this?” she asked and I shrugged “Well Rian and I are going downtown you 2 should come, watch out Kayla’s coming over” she whispered the end part.

“Hey Talon” she said sitting down “Hi, Kayla this is Jack’s friend Dillon” she said and Kayla waved “I’m Zack’s…” Friend?” I asked and she nodded and Talon smiled at me “Hey you girls play nicely with Jack’s new friend” Alex shouted and Jack pushed him. “Alex stop being a jerk!” Talon shouted.

“So how long have you been dating?” she asked I shook my head “We’re not dating we’re friends” I said and she nodded “Zack and I’s kind of friends?” she asked and Talon shook her head “No just friends Kayla, they met at a gig recently. She lives near him” Talon informed as Kayla’s phone rang “Ergh I have to get this” she said standing up and walking out.