Paint Yourself a Picture, Something Perfectly Obscure

2

I looked at my cell to see 4 missed calls from my friends “Wait guys!” someone shouted an we all turned around “If you want the guys said you can go backstage for awhile and hang out” a guy in a black shirt said and everyone nodded and I shrugged “Do you have to get back?” Mikey asked and I shook my head “No I’ll just tell them I’ve gone home” I stated as I texted one of my friends and he smiled.

“I can walk you home later if you want” he offered and I shrugged “I only live around the corner so I’ll be fine, can you get home?” I asked and he nodded “I drove here so I’ll be fine” he said and I smiled as we followed the guy. He opened a door to reveal the band, Mikey quickly pointed out all their names and I smiled.

“You guys were great” the singer who Mikey informed me was called Alex stated as we walked in and everyone seemed dead nervous, “If your legal grab a drink, if your not we won’t look” Alex said and I smiled. The other girl made her way towards Alex and I noticed the dark haired guy whisper something to him and they both burst out laughing.

“Your girlfriend can play well” the bassist/Zack stated and Mikey smiled “She’s not my girlfriend” he replied “We met tonight” added and Alex smiled “Aww check us out bringing people together, you guys are enough to make a guy emotional” he said and we both laughed.

Everyone was sat talking when the dark haired guy jumped on Alex “We’re out of alcohol so I think you need to buy me more” he said and everyone laughed “Dude no! No more drunken snoring on the tour bus for you” Alex replied, the girl had moved from Alex to the dark haired guy when Rian walked over “So how long have you played?” he asked and I chewed at my lip.

“About 6 years” I admitted and he nodded “Your good” he stated and I smiled “Thanks, it’s the first time I’ve played with others in ages” I replied and he nodded “Its better to play with others than on your own, I hate just playing drums” he stated as the dark haired guy walked over “I’d like to take full responsibility for discovering our drummer” he said leaning on Rian.

“Alright you spotted her I will allow you to claim the glory. Dillon this is Jack” he said pointing to the dark haired guy and I smiled “Hey Dillon, cute name” he said and I smiled “Thanks”, “Rian your phone’s going crazy!” Zack shouted and he walked over to them.

“Guys you ever seen a real tour bus? We can show you ours if you want?” Alex said and they all moved to follow him “Care to see my tour bus?” Jack asked winking and I smiled “Do all the girls fall for that?” I asked and he nodded “Mostly yes” he said standing up and I laughed. “Come on” he said motioning for me to follow him so I did.

Alex was showing everyone around “Aww look at the lion” the girl said and Alex laughed “Yeah that’s not mine” he stated. “Isn’t it the one from Lion King, it’s Simba” she said and I saw what Alex was holding “That’s Nala not Simba” I said before my brain even registered how much of a geek I’d sound and they looked at me and I jumped as I felt someone jump on me from behind.

“I love this girl!” I heard a voice say and the guys from the band laughed “I swear I thought Jack was the only one who could tell the difference” Alex said and I looked away embarrassed and the person let me go turning me to face them and I saw Jack smile at me. “You can tell the difference?” he asked as the other moved down the bus and I nodded, “I love Lion King” I replied and he smiled.

“Me too!” he said as he grabbed the lion from the bunk “I bought her at Disney when we went like 4 years ago and I take her everywhere with me” he said petting it and I smiled “I beat you, I have this” I said pulling my skinny jeans up to reveal a tattoo of Simba on my right ankle. “Check that babe out” he said crouching down and then smiling at me, “Nobody understands my love for this film” he said as he stood back up.

“Them lot will be drinking again if you want to go catch up with them” he said turning to walk to the back of the bus then he stopped “Or we can be cool and watch Lion King, nobody ever watches it with me” he said pouting and I smiled “I’m up for watching Lion King, I guess I’m not even supposed to drink” I stated and he looked worried “I’m only 20” I said and he nodded.

He pushed me towards the sofas and sat down before grabbing the remote and pressing play “It’s the only film I allow people to watch, Alex knows all the words. If he’s drunk he’ll sing the songs with me” he admitted and I laughed “Okay I never go that far” I replied and he looked awkward “Well I’m just that but cooler obviously” he stated and I nodded.

It started and he crossed his legs like a kid before putting the teddy on his lap and carried on petting it, I kicked my shoes off and hugged my knees to my chest. I heard the door open down the end of the bus “Jack?” I heard a voice shout “Dude I’m busy” he snapped back and then Rian appeared next to us and he rolled his eyes, “I’ll leave you 2 to watching this then” he said before walking off.

“Is this your favourite Disney movie?” he asked and I nodded “I like them all but this ones the best” I said and he nodded, I’d spent a vast amount of the last year of my life watching movies and especially Disney ones seeing as they had such happy stories. We’d been sat watching it awhile when I realised what was about to happen, I rested my head on my knees in an attempt to find my face but I knew what was coming and nothing would stop my reaction.

I heard Jack sniffle and I looked out my eye corner to see him rub his eyes and I smiled, I rubbed my eye with my hand and he looked away as I looked at him “Are you crying? I asked and he nodded and I smiled “This is the saddest thing ever” I admitted and he looked around to see I was crying too.

“Everyone laughs at me for crying” he admitted and I smiled “I always cry, nobody ever laughs when people cry at Bambi” I stated and he smiled “I never cry at that” he stated and I chewed my lip “I do” I admitted and he smiled. They all appeared back near the sofas and were all talking away “Guys shut up!” Jack snapped and Alex smiled.

“We’re going backstage,” he stated shuffling everyone off the bus, “You can go back if you want” Jack said and I looked at him. “What and miss Lion King? No thanks” I said and he smiled, we sat in silence throughout the rest of the movie “I’ll be back in a minute,” he stated walking off.