Paint Yourself a Picture, Something Perfectly Obscure

8

“What’s the matter?” I asked and he sighed “I hate vegetables” he stated “So why buy them?” I asked and he smiled “I have to eat them” he replied. “Will your mom tell you off?” I joked and he nodded “I’m anaemic” he stated and I nodded. “Well aren’t we the crazy ones” he said and I smiled.

We carried on watching the rest of the movies “You know I’m going to consider you my challenge” he stated and I looked at him confused “You, you’re my new challenge. I’m going to make you better” he stated and I nodded smiling “Okay then” I stated and he laughed “You think I’m joking, I’ll make you better and by the time I’m done with you you’ll love going outside. You’ll come around to mine to get me to come out with you,” he said and I laughed.

“Laugh all you want Dillon it’s going to happen,” he stated and I smiled at him. His phone rang and he rolled his eyes “What?” he snapped, “I’m out why?” he asked “Alex why? Dude your doing my brain in; all I hear is about you guys and it’s driving me crazy because we both know what’s going to happen. You’ll stay at mine a few days complaining, then you’ll realise you miss her, ring her and tell her your sorry and you love her and you’ll be back home by the end of the week” Jack snapped and I smiled.

“Alex no, even if you come out with me you complain about everything. Seriously just let me be and if I get home to find that frikkin dog of yours has been all over my furniture it’s sleeping outside tonight!” he snapped hanging up and I laughed “Check you out Mr. Authoritative” I teased and he sighed.

“Well someone has to be,” he said and I laughed, ”Your so not that type” I said and he smiled “I can you know, I’m full of wondrous surprises” he said and we both laughed. “Anyway I best go home otherwise he’ll only keep bugging me,” he said standing up and I got up with him.

“I’ll see you sometime my little challenge,” he said hugging me and I laughed “Bye” I said and he smiled as he walked out and down the street.

My friends had come around to visit me later on and were full of questions as to where I’d disappeared to after the gig and how did I end up that close to the front and did I like being onstage. They all gave me a funny look when I said I didn’t want to go out with them and I knew they thought something was up, one of them had appeared back at mine later on with a new record from Arthur and I paid them for it and they asked me what was up but I lied saying I just wanted to stay in and look for jobs.