Sequel: Blue Moon.

Serendipity.

Strong.

Arianna

Isaac's face paled before he jumped into my closet slamming the door behind him. I stuck some earbuds in my ears and sat on my bed as if I'd been listening to music.

"Arianna! Oh thank God! Don't do that to me stupid!"

My dad crossed my room in two steps and engulfed me in a tight, warm hug. He sat on my bed and pulled me into his lap like I was a feather.

"I don't know what I'd do if something...were to happen to you..." He whispered into my hair.

I shut my eyes tight and blurted out the question before I could stop it.

"Daddy, what happened to mom?"

He tensed pulling me tighter to his chest.

"I...you're mom..you're mom had cancer, Ari. It was a rare form of lukemia that ran in her family. She started getting real bad headaches around the time you were born along with night sweats. She kept saying it was side effects from pregnancy, but I knew what was happening. When you turned four she fainted at your birthday party. She hadn't ate the day before at all and she was loosing weight drastically. I asked the doctors to give her a PET scan and she....she lit up like a christmas tree."

My dad was looking up at the ceiling in the way most people do when they are trying not to avoid crying.

"I remember her joking around saying 'Well I might as well be a walking tumor!'...no one laughed of course, the joke was morbid and we were all in too much shock. You got up from my lap and climbed into the hospital bed with her and put a crown on her head-"

"And I said Mommy's not a tumor she's a princess..." I whispered as all the memories flooded back into my head.

As a defense I must have blocked it out, but here it was on the table. The long nights and days int he hospital, my mom trying to keep up with me despite her joint pain, her hating herself for being tired all the time, and me sitting in her hospital bed as her life slipped away slowly.
I remembered the stares people gave me when they saw me, Mr. Stilinski keeping me at his house while my dad got his emotions together, Scott's mom watching us when Stiles' dad worked and endless fast food nights.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't their for you."

"Dad, you were grieving. I understand." I whispered back to him.

It was as if our voices would shatter the moment if they were too loud.

"Arianna, you were strong for your mom and I wasn't. You were even strong for me, not once have I ever seen you cry, not even at your moms funeral."

I sat and let my dad hug me for a while longer before he shuffled into his room mumbling something about work and sleep. I walked to the closet door and let Isaac out then cocooned myself in my blankets.
I don't know if Isaac left or not, I just let the darkness take me.

Image

At school the next day I hunted down Stiles and Scott for a proper explanation for leaving Isaac at the house of an over-protective father who has no idea what the weaponry he makes could do to him.

I, of course, found them by Stiles locker with Stiles gagging at Allison and Scott. I strutted up with my heels clacking away then stopped in front of them with my hands on my hips.

"Dumb and dumber come with me."

"But-"

"Now." I said firmly with a glare.

They looked at each other nervously then followed me to an empty classroom. I shut the door softly behind me then swiveled to face them.

"Why was Isaac Lahey in my house yesterday? You know the house with all the werewolf artillery!" I yelled in a hushed voice.

Stiles gaped at me then turned to Scott with a questioning stare while Scott rubbed his temples in a circular motion.

"I forgot about that."

Stiles smacked him in the back of the head.

"You forgot! Scott he could've died! Though that would make our life easier..."

I furrowed my brows at him.

"Why?" I inquired with my head tilted to the side slightly, force of habit.

"Well....Sit down because this might make your life a living hell."
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit.

I love this chapter because of Arianna and her dad's moment. It was sad but still heartwarming to write. Next chapter is going to be long and full to the BRIM with sarcasm. Also there will be more to find out about Ari!
PLEASE COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE/RECCOMEND!

Love,

Gabriella :)