Dull.

1/1

Lindsey sat in her room and stared at the grey wall in front of her, her face as stone-like as ever. There was silence throughout the small apartment, the only sound coming from the ancient grandfather clock that hang on the wall. Her lips were chapped due to her habit of breathing through her mouth.

Her chest heaved up and down and she fiddled her fingers, tilting her head to the left slightly. She cleared her throat and sighed. “What should I do today,” she cried out to no one. Well, no one anyone else but her could see.

But in Lindsey’s head, she was never alone. There were two others who spent many days with Lindsey. She had her devil and her angel, the true rulers of her life. “You should do something exciting for me, once. Go steal something or cause terror. I need a thrill,” his voice seethed through her head, sending chills up her spine.

Lindsey tilted her head once more and sighed, hardly paying any attention to the suggestion as her eyes began to droop down in exhaustion. “Oh, quiet, you. Get off your high horse for once. Don’t you think we should focus on what Lindsey wants,” said the sweet and soothing voice of the angel.

Lindsey stared up at the visions in front of her, taking a deep breath. The harsh voice of the devil broke the silence. “Well, what will it be then?”

Lindsey stood up and turned around, heading back towards her bedroom. She slowly forced her body to move, each step slower than the one before it. Lindsey collapsed on her bed and blinked her eyes, settling on the plain, white ceiling. She sighed once more and tightly shut her eyes. “I think I’ll just stay in today.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure if I executed it as well as I wanted to.