Don't Give Up On Us.

Don't you Dare.

"Thanks for paying for the dinner, Pat. I had fun!" My window was rolled down as Pat was leaning down talking to me from outside the car.
"Thanks for taking me, Kaits. And same here. Have fun with Johno!" Pat pulled his hair out of his face and pushed it behind his ear.
"Hopefully he doesn't figure out about me and Ken..." My hand was tapping at the steering wheel.
"Just keep cool, okay? See ya later!" Pat waved at me before walking into his cute, one story house.

I pulled up in my driveway and couldn't help but notice a very familiar white Ford truck parked in my spot. I then parked in front of the house, not having any other choice.

"Well you're quite early, aren't you?" I placed the car keys on my kitchen island as I saw John eating a microwavable lasagna.
"I texted you like ten times. You didn't reply, so I just came anyways." John placed a fork-full of lasagna in his mouth.
"You did?" I tried turning my phone from my back pocket on, but it happened to be dead.
"Oh..."
John chuckled and gestured me to sit beside him on one of the barstools, which is what I did.
"How was your day, beautiful?" He smiled at me with pasta sauce pasted sloppily around the rim of his thin lips.
"Fine, just went out to eat with Pat. What'd you do today?" I patted his head.
"Nothing. I had to fucking watch my little brothers for three hours. My parents went to my cousin's for a craw fish boil. Yuck," John said with his mouthful.
"Aren't your brothers like, old enough to watch themselves?" I laughed.
"Exactly what I said! So I just ditched them and came here." John gave me a cute smirk, while wiggling his eyebrows.
"Well what do you want to do tonight?"
"Get fucking wasted."
"Shh... My sister is in the other room! She can probably hear us!" I placed my finger on John's lips, as he crossed his eyes looking down at my hand.
"So? You're 18 and I'm 20."
"But we're still not old enough to drink, John..."
"Okay, well then we'll just do it in my basement. No one ever goes in there. It's my 'chill' place." John started for my fridge and grabbed himself a Coca-Cola. He paused, then gave me a long stare.
"Oh come on, Kaitlyn! We used to drink all the time and we'd always have fun! Don't be such an old hag!" He took his seat next to me again.
"I just hate having hangovers in the morning!" I scrunched my nose and furrowed my eyebrows, giving John a disgusted look.
"It won't be that bad. Live a little. I can drop you off later tonight." John shook his shoulders at me.
"Fine, fine! Let's just go now, then." I grabbed my wallet and we both headed out to John's for a good night.

"Alright, ready? 1, 2, 3, go!" Ross O'Callaghan slammed his fist down on the bar counter of the O'Callaghan family's basement.
John and I quickly grabbed the tiny shot glasses and gulped down nothing but pure alcohol. The burning sensation slid down my throat, causing my neck to seethe in pain. I slammed my shot glass down a few milliseconds before John.
"Dude, Kaitlyn has beat you the past 5 fucking times." Ross laughed.
"Yeah. I- I know. I don't know how the fuck she does it though, this s-shit burns like hellllllllll!" John's words came out long and slurred, considering the fact that he and I had 5 shots of Smirnoff Liquor and two Bud Lights. The past two hours have been a drunken me, constantly laughing at nothing, John burping non-stop, and Ross laughing out our drained selves.
I walked up to the blurry clock hanging above the fireplace and read, "1:26 AM."
John seemed to have noticed me and turned to his brother.
"Ross. Go upstairs." He demanded.
"What the fuck, why?" Ross questioned.
"Fucking go,"
Ross gave John a long glare, but then walked upstairs into his room.
"Why'd you make him leave?" My knees wobbled as I tried to walk up to John, so instead I plopped down on his bean-bag chair.
"He's so fucking annoying. And, I wanted some al-lone time with yooooou, Tootsie!" John slurred. He stumbled onto the bean-bag next to me, and his breath wreaked of pure alcohol.
"Mmmm... Keep your distance, boy... Yo' breath staaaankk..." My eyes drooped as I pushed his face away from mine.
"Hey Tootsie?" John leaned in, close to my face again. I knew he was drunk again, because he totally forgot my name and called me Tootsie.
"What is it, Johnny?"
"Will you kiss me?" His lips were inches away from mine, but our foreheads and noses were already touching.
"I- I can't, buddy." I turned my head the other direction. I know I was drunk, but a part of me was still sober enough to know I was still dating Kennedy.
"But.... But why?" He reached for my hand. Instead of pulling away, I let my hand stay locked in his. It's okay if friends do this too, right?
"I just can't." I closed my eyes shut, resisting myself to see anything else. It's not like I could anyways, everything was already blurry as fuck.
"But I thought you loved me." He pouted. His lips were mumbling against my cheek.
"I do, still. Just in a-" John cut my sentence off my placing his lips hard against mine.I was in shock; I had no idea what to do. When I finally caught on to the fact that John was locking lips with me, I pushed him off. But to be honest, it's not like I didn't enjoy it...
"Friend way..." I completed my sentence.
"Tootsie why are you acting like this?" John curled his lip.
"I- uh. I have to go, John." I stood up and started for the stairs.
"W-Wait! Let me. Let me walk you home!" John stumbled trying to get up, but he managed to do so.
"You're drunk as fuck. No." I continued up the steps, until he grabbed my hand.
"Please, I can see, I promise." He looked into my eyes, and nodded him a yes. I know it could be dangerous, considering how intoxicated he- and even I myself- were, but I only lived four doors down, so a couple of footsteps to my house wouldn't be that bad.

"S-so, Tootsie, tell me. Tell me why you won't love me again." John looked down at his odd, drunken footsteps, to avoid any awkward eye-contact with me.
"I-I'm afraid to tell you, John." My voice croaked, just a little. As we were walking back to my house, I stumbled over my own footsteps, causing myself to fall against John, but he caught me before my body could meet the ground. He stood me up straight and placed his hands on my shoulders.
"You can tell me anything, Tootsie. You know I'll love you... No what matter.. I, I mean, No matter what." He stuttered over his drunken words.
He did it. He fucking did it again. The 'I love you'. This did not make things any easier for me to tell him that me and Ken were in a relationship. I thought to myself.
"John, I..." I took a deep breath, before completing my sentence.
"I'm dating Kennedy."
♠ ♠ ♠
WATCHA THANK.
short chapter, i know. so sorry :(
ill make up for it in the next.<3
TEAM JOHN OR KEN.
COMMENT.<3
updating this weekly as the minimum for now on :)
luv u guise