Don't Give Up On Us.

Don't You Ever Give Up.

"You, you're what?" John leaned in closer to me.
"I'm dat-"
"No no, I heard you. Loud and, well blurry but I heard you." John and I were standing in the middle of the dark road. No lights were provided but the dim, old streetlights which barely shone above our heads. John paced back and forth, in front of my neighbor, Kennedy's house. I hoped to make sure that Kennedy wasn't up this late, watching us through the window, because all of us know how bad that would get. The lights in his house were all off, leaving the view inside Kennedy's house to be nothing but pitch black.
"Is there a problem with me dating Kennedy?" I finally had the guts to speak up.
"Kaitlyn, I thought I told you I loved you." John's eyebrows raised as he emphasized the word, 'love.'
"And I thought I told you I liked Kenny-" John then placed a large amount of force on my right shoulder, pushing me down to the ground. My hands were scraped, and my elbows were slightly bleeding.
"John, stop!" I was still on the ground, scooching away from him. Within a matter of seconds, he was hovering over me, with a feeling of fierceness showing bluntly in his eyes.
"You're supposed to be with me, Tootsie." He shoved me again; his hands placed tightly around both my shoulders. We were on Kennedy's front yard, twained in the grass.
"Please, John, stop you're hurting me!" I tried shaking myself, to maybe slide out of his tight grip, but everytime I moved, he grabbed on even tighter.
"That's the point, isn't it? You don't deserve to be happy. Not with him."
"What're you trying to do to me? It's none of your fucking business who I'm happy or not happy with! You're just a sloppy, selfish bastard! And you STILL wonder till this day why I broke up with you! Get some common fucking sense!" I wasn't just terrified of what he might do next, but I was beyond angry. John had always been the one with the shortest temper, but never once out of our whole 12 year relationship of being friends have I ever seen something this bad; something so violent.
It was very dark out where we were, which was still Kennedy's front yard, but I seemed to have noticed John clenching his jaw as he was still above me, his grasp leaving, what I'm sure were to be really bad bruises, by tomorrow.
His hand lifted up, then swung down, leaving a harsh, red mark on the left half of my face. He kept shoving me deeper into the wet grass, and I had no other alternative but to cry. This drunk John had overpowered Sober John, which led him to be this evil, malevolent beast.
I had so many emotions running through my mind, sadness, fear, anger, and even stressed. To make matters worse, the stinging feel on my face did not make me feel any better, whatsoever.

The front door to Kennedy's house swung open after the large dilemma, and Kennedy came running out. At first, he shoved John off my body, then helped me up.
"Oh... Oh my fucking god, are you okay?" Kennedy quickly embraced me into his warm chest, holding me tightly.
"John- he hit me." I managed to spit out. I couldn't exactly talk well, the tears were causing me to breathe heavily, and my vision was quite blurry from the wet tears.
"Wait here, okay?" Kennedy sat me on his porch, then marched fiercely up to John.
"Who the fuck do you think you are, huh?" Kennedy shoved John. "You have no FUCKING right to push a girl, and most DEFINITELY not Kaitlyn." Then again, another shove. This time, it was even harder. "You, my friend, have absolutely no self respect, so get the fuck out of here. Now." And yes, you guessed it. Another shove. This time it was so hard, John collided to the ground.
"You are all pathetic losers." John stood up and punched Kennedy in the face, causing Kennedy's lower lip to slowly bleed.
Kennedy couldn't take this, so he tackled him onto the grass and punched him twice as hard on John's jawline. Kennedy pulled John up with the collared rim of his baseball tee and shoved him against his Ford pick-up.
"Leave. Now." Kennedy looked him straight in the eye, as I watching the whole scene with fright.
John didn't hesitate to open his car door and drive a block away to his home.
Kennedy walked back to me, and took a seat next to me on the porch.
"Kennedy I'm, I'm so sorr-"
"Don't even worry about it. Just stay away from John, okay? Com'mere." Kennedy pulled me back into his arms as more tears came from my eyes. He rubbed my back gently, trying to calm me down.
"Let me see your lip," I lifted up his chin and turned his head, looking at the busted lip.
"Kenny, let me go get you some ice," I started for my house next door, but he stopped me.
"Stop. Not before you get yourself some ice first." He held my hand, holding me back.
"Come over, I'll get us both something to put on our face." We walked back to my house, hand in hand, trying to piece together how this had all gotten to bad, so quickly.

"What happened? Why did he even hit you?" Kennedy was sitting on my kitchen island, as I dabbed his bottom lip with a damp paper towel.
"Shhh.... My sister is upstairs sleeping." I focused on wiping the blood splurging from his mouth, not even paying attention to my severe bruises.
"Oh... Sorry," He whispered.
"And I don't know," I replied. "Well, I kind of told him we're dating but-"
"You what? Ow. Wait, you told him?" Kennedy's lip wasn't getting better, so complaining about this dilemma definitely didn't make it feel any better.
"He kept telling me he loved me, so I finally cracked and told him we were dating. He has to figure out sooner or later anyways. It doesn't even matter anymore, John is a fucking asshole." I walked to my freezer to get a bag of cold peas for Kennedy's lip.
"Were you guys drinking?" He watched me make my way back to the freezer to get myself something cold for my face as well.
"Well... Maybe like, a little..." I scratched the back of my neck and awkwardly placed the frozen meat on the left side of my face.
"How much ith(is) 'a little', Kaitlyn?" Kennedy's eyebrows furrowed at me, as he talked his a lisp from the frozen peas.
"Um.. Y'know, 2 beers and like... maybe 5... shots..." I looked away from Kennedy's eyes; I knew he was dissapointed in me for drinking this much. He drank a little bit of alcohol occasionally, but when it came to tons of it, he absolutely demised it.
"Kaitlyn, do you realize that he might not remember any of this tomorrow?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Don't remind him of any of this. This is a good chance for us to start fresh with him,"
"But he's gonna wake up and notice a big ass bruise on his jaw tomorrow. What am I gonna say when he asks me how he got it?" I leaned against the countertop.
"Tell him... Hmm... Tell him you gave him a hicky."
"What!? Are you fucking with me?! He's gonna think we hooked up and that I like him! No way!" I shook my head at him.
"Just do it. He knows you guys were obviously drunk as fuck, and that it meant nothing. when band practice comes later on tomorrow, we'll confront him about us, you know, together... But we can never mention that large fight, okay?"
It took me a while until I finally nodded him a yes.

"I think I'm gonna go to sleep now. Today has been way too fucking long to me. I'm probably gonna wake up with a bad hangover tomorrow. You should probably go home, now," I yawned, laying in bed.
"I guess I should. I'll see you tomorrow, okay, Kait?" Kennedy tucked me in, then leaned in for a passionate kiss on my lips.
"Call me when you get home, babe." I managed to tell him, before he tip-toed downstairs to his house.

It was in a matter of minutes until my phone rang, and I immediately clicked,'Answer' when I saw the words, Kennedy Brock! printed across the screen.
"Hello?" I croaked. My voice was graspy, a little bit because I was very tired and worn out.
"I miss you already, baby. How's your uh, bruise...?" Kennedy's sleepy voice was probably the sexiest thing I have ever heard. But little did he know, I had more than one bruise from John; I also had the two on my shoulders from when he shoved me to the ground, the whole other scene that Kennedy missed.
"Um, it's feeling numb now, so that's good. How's your lip?"
"Bleeding," He chuckled on the other line.
We were quiet for a good 10 minutes, until I heard Kennedy's cute, soft snore in the speaker of the iPhone.
"Goodnight, baby," I whispered.
"Oh, I'm so sorry, good night, Kaitlyn. Sweet dreams," He yawned.
I chuckled before I made a 'smooch' noise into the phone , and he did the same, then hung up the phone.
Tomorrow will be the hardest part; Lying to John and re-telling him I'm dating Kennedy. What if the same shit happens?
♠ ♠ ♠
omfg this update is crazy
do you agree?
so like, i counted up all the points and team kennedy is winning, lol
tell me what you think in the comments PLEASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEE <33
love you guise c: