Don't Give Up On Us.

I am Greatness.

My eyes twitched open, burning from the natural sunlight out the window. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was in Kennedy's room. On the floor was Garrett, drool was streaming out of his mouth. I look to my right, and see a beautiful Kennedy sleeping peacefully. His heavy breaths caused his chest to get bigger and smaller. I rested my head down again, this time facing Kennedy. While enjoying the sight of seeing my best friend sleeping after one year, what looked like a small teardrop came from his eye. I was confused, and thought,"Is he having a bad dream?" I pushed the thought aside and tried to go back to sleep, considering it was only 8:47 AM. But as I tried to forget the fact that my best friend was having some sort of nightmare, Kennedy kept making pouting noises. I started to get worried.
I gently placed my hand over his, which was lying on his pillow.
"Kennedy? Are you okay?" I whispered softly.
His eyes flickered open, and his eyes were on me. As soon as he realized the fact that he was previously tearing up, he immediately wiped away the tears. He sat up and ran his fingers through his hair.
"Are you okay?" I repeated myself.
I sat up as well, waiting for his answer.
He looked at me again, still silent.
"Ken-"
Kennedy placed his hands on my jawline cupping my face. He kissed me-hard. I didn't even get to finish my statement, but I didn't mind. His lips felt like they were meant to be on mine. His fingers ran along my spine, sending tingles up my whole body.
I broke away, to take a breath.
Kennedy closed his eyes and breathed heavily.
Our foreheads were touching, and our lips were just a few inches away.
He opened his eyes and smiled.
We looked into each other's eyes, completely comfortable in the silence.
I bit my lip and asked him why he was panicking in his sleep.
He hesitated for a moment, but made sure to answer my question.
"I um... I had a dream... Actually, a nightmare."
He paused for a moment, his eyes strained.
"About what?" I stroked his back gently.
"That you... You and John dated again. He had this plan to make you fall in love him again, then leaving you. I tried to warn you, but you just left me. We never talked again, and you said that you didn't want me anymore. Not even as a friend." Kennedy rubbed his eyes and placed his face into the comforter.
"Kennedy... I would never get back with John... I can't. What he did to me was terrible and I wouldn't ever want to experience that again. Please, don't be sad."
I was now leaning down at him, stroking his back.
He mumbled words into the blanket, something I couldn't understand.
I giggled, as he was still planted into the blanket.
I leaned in and gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.
"Love you, best friend."
He leaned back on his pillow, his face was turning red from blushing.
I played with his hands for a moment, the atmosphere was silent.
"Go back to sleep, okay? It's too early to be up."
He nodded his head and closed his eyes shut.
Soon enough, he had fallen back asleep.

I quietly crept downstairs.
As I made my way to the kitchen, I saw John asleep on the couch of the living room.
"Oh boy."I thought to myself.
I sneaked past him, making my way into the kitchen.
Leaning against the island counter, I decided on what I should make for breakfast for the boys.
I looked through Kennedy's pantry: Cereal, Oreos, Oatmeal, Pancake Mix- Ah! Pancake mix!
I grabbed the mix from the pantry and washed my hands. I turned around to see John standing right in front of the island counter.
I gasped.
"I thought you were sleeping!" I whispered.
He smirked.
"Look, will you please listen to me for 5 minutes? Just 5 minutes."
I gave him a cold stare.
"Alright. 5 minutes and that's it."
He walked up to me, looking down into my eyes.
"That was a dare. You didn't see all of it. We all had a couple of drinks, it was just a silly game. I promise, none of that meant anything. Please, believe me! You never gave me a chance to explain before you left to England, which was suprisingly a week after your vacation. Ask Garrett or Jared, they were part of the game. Halvo gave us the dare, and if I didn't do it, I'd have to kiss Kennedy's mom... So gross!"
I giggled at the last sentence.
"Kaitlyn, I never stopped loving you since you left. I've loved you since you were in Kindergarten, when you first moved here. All of the boys teased me about it because you were younger than me, but that didn't stop my feelings for you. When you came back yesterday, I couldn't help but reminesce on the old days. Remember back in 2006 when you and I were the only single ones on Valentine's Day, so we were each other's couples? That night,I promised myself I wouldn't give up until I had you. Now that I've lost you, I'm still not going to give up,"
John hooked his pinky with mine. I looked down as our hands were intertwining, and his forehead was against mine.
"Do you forgive me Kaitlyn?"
I didn't know if I should forgive him or not. I mean, it was over a year ago, and he said it was a dare. But he didn't have to play if he knew he what he was going to be set up for.
I looked down at my shoes, his hands were still in mine.
"John, I-" In the middle of my sentence, Kennedy entered the kitchen.

"Um... Is everything... Alright?" He asked. His eyebrows were cocked, and he scratched the back of his head. Things went silent.
"I was just talking to Kaitlyn, until you came in," John gave Kennedy a death glare. The tension in the room was burning up.
"John, it's okay. I'll talk to you about it later," I walked over to Kennedy."Good Morning!"
He engulfed me into a large hug, holding on tight.
John rolled his eyes and left the room.
"What're you up to?" Kennedy smiled.
"Well, I was gonna make you pancakes, but-" I paused, not knowing if I should tell him about my conversation with John.
"It's fine. What do you wanna do today?"
"Wanna come swimming at my house? At around 3?" I looked into Kennedy's eyes, waiting for his answer.
"Sounds great!" He kissed my forehead and started for the stairs.
"Where are you going?" I pouted.
"Upstairs, to tell Garrett and John the plan." Kennedy was now already halfway up the stairs.
"Alright, well I'm gonna go home and get ready, see you guys at 3!"

I walked back to my house and entered my room. Boxes were still scattered. I didn't have time to unpack, and I definately did not feel like doing it now. I lay on my bed, looking up at my ceiling. I grabbed my phone and called Pat.
"Hello?" He answered.
"Pat! Hey, are you with Jared?" I said, while fixing myself up in the full-body mirror.
"Yeah, why?"
"Come over at 3, we're gonna go swimming, it's been a year!"
I heard Pat giggle on the other side of the line.
"Alright, we'll be there. Did you invite the others?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"Well, um... Make sure Kennedy and John keep their distance..."
"...Why? Aren't they best friends?"
"Correction: WERE. John's still in love with you, and Kennedy told me he's starting to get feelings for you."
I was confused. I just came back yesterday, how can he already develop feelings for me so quick?
"When'd he tell you this?"
"Last night, while you totally dozed off on his shoulder. John started to get really pissed."
My eyebrows cocked.
"Alright. Well we'll see later. See ya in an hour."
"Bye, Kaits. Remember, I didn't tell you any of this, okay?"
I agreed and hung up the phone.
I walked over to my luggage and looked for a bikini. I found a yellow bandeau swimsuit with some blue bottoms. I quickly changed into it and applied some waterproof mascara in the bathroom.
I took a look at myself in the full-body mirror. I looked a lot thinner than how I did before I left, considering the fact that I didn't eat much in England, which caused me to feel a little insecure of myself.
I bit my lip, thinking of what I should do with my hair. After finally deciding, I teased the roots of my hair and threw it into a messy ponytail.
The doorbell rang, and I quickly ran to get it.
It wasn't who I'd expect it to be.
"Um.. Hey," He said.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHO IS IT OMGGGGGG
cliffhanger ehehehehe
please comment and leave feeedback! i've been so busy lately but i promise ill update before the 17th!