Don't Give Up On Us.

See the Light in the Night When You're Fading Away.

It was around 12:30 to 1 o'clock AM when Pat and Garrett were the first to leave. Pat's mom called complaining that it was past his 11:30 curfew, causing Garrett to have to drive him home. Kennedy, Jared, John and I walked to the front door to say goodbye to the two.
"Thanks for having us over, Kaits." Pat waved at me as he stepped out the front door to Garrett's car.
"Yeah, thanks. We would've stayed the night if it weren't for Pat's stupid curfew..." Garrett rolled his eyes at Pat as he punched him on the shoulder.
"Shut up, man! Just take me home already." Pat crossed his arms while simultaneously making a pouting face.
"Whatever. Bye, dudes. Kaitlyn, try not to miss me too much!" Garrett said while walking to his car with Pat in the passenger seat already.
"HAHA! Nice joke!" I shouted at him. He was already opening his car door.
"You know you love me baby!" Garrett then shut his car door. I flipped him off as he backed out of my driveway and onto the road.
Walking back into my house, the three other boys were entertained by watching Ghost Adventures.
"Can you guys please turn that off? All three of you know that I REALLY hate these types of shows..." I sat on the ottoman in which Kennedy's feet were resting on as I shielded my eyes.
"Sit by me." Kennedy opened his arms wide, giving me permission to rest in his arms. I crawled up to the one-seater sofa and rested my head on Kennedy's chest. It was quite snug, considering the fact that it was a seat made for one, but I kind of enjoyed the tiny space we shared.

"My EVP reads that some sort of energy is in here. Holy shit, the meter is at 10! If someone is in here, please, make any type of noise. Pull my hair if you want." Zak Bagans from the show Ghost Adventures said. Things went silent as Jared, John, Kennedy and I all paid close attention to the evil entities on the TV screen, until it showed a small silhouette fading from left to right across the TV.
"Guys, seriously, I don't want to watch this anymore! I'm gonna have nightmares!" I yelled in Kennedy's chest. I felt his arm snake around my waist as he tried comforting me.
"It's okay, sweetheart. This isn't real. Shh." Kennedy whispered in my ear.
"Dude, this totally is real! Why would they make it up?" John pointed at the TV screen.
"Shh!" Jared said, while his eyes were glued on the show.
Right then, a loud BOOM noise came from the television. I shrieked loudly as my reflexes kicked in causing me to pull Kennedy towards me; my face buried in his shirt.
"Aye, Jared, turn it off. She's scared." Kennedy held me in his arms.
Jared laughed and pressed the OFF button on the remote.
"I hate scary movies and TV shows. Y'all have known that since I was 8 when you forced me to watch AmityVille Horror!" I mumbled.
Jared and John kneeled next to the chair Kennedy and I shared and they rubbed my back.
"Oh come on, there's nothing to be afraid of." Jared attempted cheering me up.
"We can stay the night in your room tonight if you want." John said. He rested his chin on his hand which lied on the arm of the sofa.
"Nah, bro. I'm going home to Rachel in about 15 minutes." Jared replied to John.
"Who's Rachel?" I looked up at him.
"Rachel is this girl that Jared's been dating for the past two weeks." Kennedy said.
"Ah, get some!" I winked at Jared and the four of us shared a good laugh.

15 minutes passed as all of us were conversing about the old inside jokes we shared from several years ago.
"Remember when Pat pissed in that fat ass's mouth!" Kennedy said, and we all cracked up reminiscing to that moment when Pat went to the park and peed in a girl's mouth.
After the four of us settled down from laughing so hard, I checked the time on my phone. It read 1:52 AM.
"It's pretty late, Jare. You should leave soon before all the crazy drunk drivers come out. I do NOT want you getting in a crash like my parents..." I said to Jared.
Kennedy and John glanced at each other.
"Yeah, I'mma head out now."
"Same. I'mma walk back home. I gotta check up on my baby step-sister." Kennedy stood up with Jared.
" How 'bout you, Johno?"
"Umm, I think I'm gonna stick around, maybe stay the night... If... That's alright..." John looked up at me.
"Uh, yeah.. sure," I said.
Why did John want to stay the night? I thought to myself.
"I don't know if that's such a good idea, bro..." Kennedy spit at him.
"We'll be fine, I'm sure... Don't worry, Kenny. Have a safe drive home, you guys." I got up and hugged the two before they drove home.
John and I walked up to my bedroom and sat down facing each other on my bed.
"So, what's the reason why you decided to stay the night tonight?" I asked, taking a sip of my water that was on the nightstand.
"Well, I miss how we used to be close and everything and, I just wanted to catch up." He took the bottle of water from me and took a large gulp.
"Oh alright then... What do you wanna talk about?" I got up from the bed and walked into my closet to change and take off my contacts.
John knew I was going to remove my damp bikini, so he turned around and faced the headboard of my bed.
"Umm, how've you been?" He fiddled with the comforter, drawing random shapes with his finger.
I giggled and turned around from him, taking off my bandeau top. I knew he was watching me from the corner of his eye.
"I've been fine. What about you, lover boy?" I put on a pair of pajama's and wore my glasses, then joined him back on the bed.
He turned around facing me.
"I've been great... Just missed, ya'know, my best friend." He looked me in the eyes. The pure green color of his eyes made me melt. I snapped out of the thought of him and held my knees up against my chest.
"Have you dated since I went to Europe?" I pushed the front of my glasses up higher to the bridge of my nose.
John nodded his head.
"No, not really. Did you meet any boys in the UK? One Direction?" He joked.
"Nah. When I was up there, all I concentrated on was schoolwork... and well, you guys. Y'all are like my family..."
John halfgrinned, looking down at the ground.
"You need anything to change in to?" I asked.
"Ummm.. Do you still have that pair of boxers and that white v-neck I left here like 2 years ago?"
I chuckled while heading towards my closet to look.
"Right here." I tossed the two articles of clothing at him.
He took his damp baseball tee off and threw on the white shirt that had gotten smaller on him since the past two years.
"Uh..." John clenched onto the boxers in his hand, not sure where to change.
"I'll turn around, calm down." I shielded my eyes and walked into my closet while John changed.

It was around 3 AM when John and I started to get in bed.
I crawled under the covers and John repeated.
"Goodnight," I sleepily said.
"Goodnight, Phamtastic."
We were facing opposite directions. The only noise heard was the sprinklers outside.
Tossing and turning in bed for about 15 minutes, I realized I couldn't sleep. I started to get goosebumps; the room felt like Antarctica.
"John?" I whispered.
"Yeah?" I saw him looking over his shoulder.
"Are you cold?" I asked.
The moonlight shone on only half of his face, and I seemed to have make out the sight that he was smirking.
"Yeah, kind of."
"Oh," I flipped over on my back and looked up at the ceiling.
"I am too," I replied.
John took a moment before finally responding to me.
He flipped around facing me now.
"Come here, then."
He pulled my into his arms and none of us said a word.
"If this is too much, tell me." He whispered.
I felt his forehead lean against the back of my head.
His steady breaths sounded so relaxing. The feeling of his warm hands resting on my cold, lower abdomen actually felt comforting. I knew this wasn't right, because well, I have feelings for Kennedy but, as much as I tried to deny it, I have never stopped loving John Cornelius O'Callaghan the Fifth.

I knew John was asleep after a good 10 minutes because his breaths started to get heavier and heavier. I heard a couple of snores here and there, and his hands finally stopped figeting.
My eyelids started to get heavy, and I almost dozed off until I got a text.
I unlocked my phone to see who it was from: Kennedy.

Oh shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
LOL OH SHIT WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT
sorry this ones so long, you guys.
fucking school. t(-.-t)
please bare with me.
I LOVE FEEDBACK!
team kennedy or john?