Don't Give Up On Us.

Take a Look Inside my Heart.

"After you, ma'lady." Kennedy opened the door to the passenger side of his small SUV. I sat down on the leather seat and brushed off my legs as he ran around the car to the driver's seat. He put the key in the ignition and the car made a smooth type of roaring noise.
We then drove off and made our way to the restaurant.
"So where are we going?" I asked Kennedy while looking out my window.
He glanced at me, then back at the road.
"You'll see. You're gonna love it,"
"Have I been to this place before?" My eyes were now set on him.
"Nah, I don't think so. Hell, I've never even been there, either!"
We both laughed and enjoyed the music that played on the radio. Every now and then, I kept tapping my foot.
Kennedy seemed to notice after the numerous times of doing it.
"Why are you nervous?" He asked me.
"Wh-what? What do you mean?" My voice was a little shaky, pretty much because I actually was nervous.
"Oh come on, Kaitlyn. Don't lie. I've known you for like, what, ever? I already know that when you shake your leg like that, you're nervous. So, what's wrong?"
"Well, just, surprises make me nervous, that's all..." I looked down at my hands which were resting in my lap.
Kennedy chuckled as he took a sharp left turn. His hand made it's way from his thigh to mine. I looked at his palms as they opened up. I then glanced up at him smiling. I placed my hand in his as we drove the rest of the way to this mysterious restaurant.

Kennedy put the car on 'Park' and took out the key.
"Alright, I want you to close your eyes now." Kennedy unbuckled his seatbelt.
"What? Why?" I turned my head around, looking out every window to see where we were.
"No no no, don't do that!" Kennedy cupped my cheeks and faced me towards him.
"Please, just close your eyes for me?" He made a pouting face and held both his hands together.
I groaned, but followed his request. I heard him get out of the car and open my door.
"You're not peeking, right?" He asked.
"Does it look like I am?" I pretended to give him a harsh attitude; furthermore causing Kennedy to laugh.
"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." Kennedy took my hands and led me out of the car.
"Steady steps, alright? We're almost there." Kennedy said, while guiding me to- hopefully- the right direction.
It took us a few minutes to reach the entrance, considering the fact that I kept stumbling due to Kennedy's lack of guiding, but we finally made it in.
"We're here now. But please, keep your eyes closed for just a liitttllee longer." He opened up the door and led me in. A cold breeze brushed against my skin, sending chills down my whole body.
"Hi, I reserved a table for two under the name Kennedy Brock." I heard Kennedy say.
"Alrighty, one second while I talk to the manager," Someone said.
"You can open your eyes now," He whispered in my ear.
When my eyes opened, I couldn't help but gasp; we were at J&G Steakhouse.
"Kennedy, this place is so expensive! We didn't have to go here!" I tugged on his arm.
"Shh. It's okay, I'm paying anyways." Kennedy kissed my forehead.
The waiter came back to his podium, along with what looked like, the manager.
"Hello, you two. I'm very sorry to say this, but, we seem to have a dress code here, and, from the looks of it, you two have disobeyed this code. I am very sorry." The manager scrunched his eyebrows at us.
"What? I reserved us a table and everything, though?" Kennedy asked, a bit confused.
"It's... It's alright, Kennedy. We can go somewhere else. Come on," I tried to cheer him up.
Kennedy groaned, but walked with me back to his car.

"Tonight was supposed to be perfect, though..." He looked down at his shoes.
"It's okay, Ken. It really is." I patted him on the back.
We both got into the car and waited.
"So where are we gonna go now?" He turned to me.
"Hmmm," I put my feet up on the dashboard. "Jack in the Box!" I smiled.
Kennedy laughed and turned the car on.
"Sounds good," And with that, we drove to the nearest Jack in the Box drive-thru.

We walked hand in hand when we arrived at the drive-thru. After walking up to the counter, we were greeted by a Jack in the Box worker.
"Hello, what would you like today," The employee sounded a bit miserable.
"What do you wanna eat, pretty?" Kennedy looked down at me.
"I'll have the Sirloin Cheeseburger with a Dr. Pepper." I told the worker.
"Alright, and for you?" He looked at Kennedy.
"A uh... hmmm... I'll get a Jumbo Jack with Cheese and a Coke."
"That'll be $9.48, would you like your receipt?"
"No, sir."
Kennedy and I then took a seat in a small booth.
"No one is here," I laughed.
"Yeah, well, most people don't spent their nights at Jack in the Box on a Saturday night!" Kennedy chuckled.

When our food was finally ready, Kennedy and I had a great conversation going on. We brought up funny memories from the past; giving us both a good laugh.
"Remember when you took me to your Grandma's ranch and she thought we were dating?"
We laughed.
"She STILL thinks we're dating!"
"Oh man. I've missed you... A lot, Kenny." I immediately looked down at my empty tray on the table, because my cheeks were turning red.
"Kaitlyn Ann Motherfucking Pham-tastic," I laughed at the nickname he gave me. "I have missed you more than anyone will ever know. I can't believe you even left for a whole year; Without even saying goodbye to anyone." He lifted my chin up.
"I don't want you to ever leave- without saying good bye again, alright?" He looked into my eyes, with nothing but a feeling of hope that I'd say yes.
I nodded at him and gave him a smile. He leaned over the table slowly as we both closed our eyes. His lips connected with mine, and I could've sworn that there really were sparks. He rubbed my jawline with his thumb ever so softly, as his tongue was dancing rhythmically with mine. I felt him smile in between the kiss, and I promise that it made my heart melt.
We both broke away, gasping for air.
"Kaitlyn," Kennedy looked up at me.
"Yes?"
"There's been something I've really been dying to ask you." He scratched the back of his head.
My heart started to beat faster and faster. It couldn't be what I thought he would ask me, no.
"What is it?" I asked hesitantly. My voice was full of nervousness and anxiety.
"Well," He grabbed my hand which had been placed on top of the table.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" His face was turning red.
"Of course, Kennedy." I gave him the biggest smile I could as he kissed me right on my lips.

The drive home to his house was quite subtle, as we talked about this new relationship.
"So are we going to tell the others, or?" I asked him.
"Not yet... Let's give it a few days... I'll try to hand it to 'em during the next band practice on Tuesday."
"You need me to come?"
"If you wanna. I can take you,"
"That sounds good."

Kennedy dug through his pockets to find his house key while I was shivering and had my arms crossed on his porch.
"Did you find it yet?"
"I think I got it." Kennedy put a key through the key hole and twisted it, and the door swung open.
"After you,"
I walked into his cozy house and immediately heard Kendra crying.
"Are your parents home?" I asked him.
"No, they drove all the way down to Tucson for my Great Aunt's funeral after we left."
"Aw, why didn't you go?"
"I didn't know her." Kennedy laughed.
I took a seat on one of the bar stools in Kennedy's kitchen.
"Hey, I'mma go get Kendra. You can look in the laundry room for a pair of my pajama pants... You look like you're kinda cold."
I smiled at him and gave him a small nod.
In his laundry room, I threw on a pair of his big v-neck and pajama pants.
I folded my clothes and placed them on top of his laundry machine for tomorrow, then walked up to his living room.
Kennedy was sitting on the couch, playing with Kendra.
"KeKe!" Kendra threw her arms around my waist and hugged me tight.
"Hey, Kendra! You've gotten so big since the last time I saw you! How old are you now?"
I took a seat in between Kendra and Kennedy.
"I'm turning 5 in 3 weeks! You're invited to my big party!" She smiled at me.
"That sounds great! I can't wait." I grabbed her cheeks.
"Kendra, I think it's your bed time. You should go to sleep now." Kennedy looked at her.
"But I wanna play with the big kids!" She pouted.
"The big kids are going to go to sleep, too." Kennedy winked at me, and I played along.
"Yeah, if you go to bed now, the faster it'll get to tomorrow. We can play then!" I grabbed her hands as her eyes went wide.
"Kenny! Take me upstairs! I wanna sleep now!" She opened up her arms and Kennedy scooped her up.
"I'll be back in a second. I'm gonna put her to bed. Find something for us to watch on TV." Kennedy walked past me and I kicked his butt playfully.
I grabbed the remote from the coffee table and turned on the TV. Mean Girls was on, so I decided Kennedy and I could watch it.
He returned about 3 minutes later and sat down on the couch right beside me.
"What're we watching?" Kennedy kissed me cheek and wrapped his arm around my waist.
"Mean Girls. I love this movie!"
Kennedy laughed.
"Alright."

We finished the movie, and I had my feet placed on Kennedy's lap.
"What do you wanna do now, sweetie?" He asked me, while playing with my french tipped toes.
"I'm kind of tired, babe." I told him; my eyes were starting to feel heavier each minute.
"Let's go upstairs, then." Kennedy picked me up and carried me up to his room. He shut the door with his foot and laid me down on his bed.
"You look so cute in my clothes." He touched the tip of my nose with his index finger.
I smiled at him but didn't say anything; I was seriously about to fall asleep. Today was long.
"Alright, you look REALLY tired, so let's go to bed." He turned his light off and laid right beside me.
I texted my sister and told her I was staying the night at Kennedy's. Before I placed my phone on his nightstand, I got a text from John four hours ago.
8:03 Johno! :
Hey, Kaitlyn! Why didn't you call me today?:( Well anyways, I miss u:) I wanna spend time with you again, and soon. love you, goodnight:)

NOT FUCKING YOU AGAIN, I thought to myself.
No, absolutely no. John cannot slip his way into my love life again, especially now since I'm dating Kennedy. Instead of replying, I placed my phone on the nightstand and laid under Kennedy's arm.
I wasn't going to think of John, at least not now. All I wanted was to be with Kennedy. I'll leave that shit for tomorrow. Now, I just want to cuddle with my best friend, my boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, this chapter didn't go as great as I thought it would.
I'm sorry you guys :( I tried though.
School has really worn me out, but PLEASE stick with me.
I love these amazing comments I'm getting from you guys (:
They really encourage me to write more, so keep them coming!
Team Ken or Johno? Comment!
Oh, and if you have any the Maine fanfictions, submit them here for me to read! Thanks!
Love you guys. Im gonna update soon :) but for now, enjoy!