We Always Knew

Slapping Rockstars

Delaney watched as Brian rushed out and patted Matt on the back as a greeting. She was now mildly confused on how she was supposed to acknowledge him now. Did he assume they were going to have a similar encounter again? Because, if that was so, he needed a clue. Delaney was not a booty call.
After repositioning her items in her bag, Delaney joined the boys on the orange sofa in the waiting area. Harry was in the midst of a war story that had Matt gripping the edge of his cushion. Delaney boldly slid her hand onto Brian's thigh.

Brian shifted and let Laney snuggle up on his side. Her breathing hit his neck like a ton of bricks, causing him to cough and remove the lump in his throat.

"Harry is full of bullshit," Delaney whispered into his ear, "He is only 37." Brian chuckled at this and ran his fingers along her jaw line.
She was so casually beautiful. Delaney didn't need to cover her face in tons of make up to feel confident in herself.

"Should we tell Matt?" Brian whispered back, letting his lips linger on her cheek for a second. Delaney's grip on his thigh tightened as chills creeped up her spine. Brian looked at her to see she was blushing.

"And spoil Harry's fun? That would be cruel," Delaney replied a few seconds after fumbling with her fingernails.

"Want to go for a walk?" Brian asked kindly, wanting to be alone with her again.

She sighed and nodded, waving at Harry and Matt to signal their departure, but they were both too involved with the story.

Brian sneaked his hand into hers as they walked past many thrift shops and pubs. He was enjoying this. Delaney felt right to him. It was hard for him to believe he barely knew her. The air was refreshing and he felt none of the tension.

Delaney, however, felt it all. She thought the silence consuming them was the result of their kiss. Well, it was a little more than a kiss. Her face flushed at the thought of what could have happened if Matt hadn't intruded. Would she have allowed anything more to go down? Delaney wasn't that girl. She wondered if Brian thought she was.

"I'm not a toy, Brian," she defended, relinquishing his hand. Brian sent her a flustered look.

"I know that," he answered, sticking his empty hand in his pocket, pulling out a cigarette and lighter.

"Then what was that back there? Was it for real, or because you have a hangover? I'm not a groupie Brian," Delaney laid down her feelings, praying it was the right decision.

Brian lit up and put his back to a wall, sighing heavily, "Delaney, I understand we hardly know each other. Christ, I dont even know your favorite color, and I know what that must have seemed like to you. But I promise you- I did that because I wanted to. You are so...appealing to me. I want you to be mind Laney. And this must sound ridiculous, because I just met you."

"Yellow," Delaney responded cautiously, leaning against the wall beside him.

"What?" Brian asked.

"Yellow is my favorite color. No one ever says yellow, i feel bad for it." Delaney explained.

"You pity a color?" he laughed.

"Don't judge me!" Delaney exclaimed, playfully slapping his stomach.

Brian's jaw dropped, hurt at this action, "Do you usually go around slapping rockstars?" he teased.

"Do you usually go around making out with random girls in the back room of their workplace?" she spat back.

"Only you," he promised, "and because I like you also."

"Do you know?" she raised her eyebrows.

"I do, very much. More than I should." he admitted.

"The feeling is mutual." Delaney admitted, as well.

"Then can you put your number in my phone, please? I'll hope Jimmy doesn't throw it away."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. This was way overdue. But after the last chapter, I got a little stuck.