Heaven Help Us Now.

I Think I'm Ready To Live, I'm Ready To Go.

It was four years ago today; I contemplated this span of time, as I sat perched atop the roof of our hideout. It is really hard to believe, it has been that long since I joined the Joker and his gang of idiots. Confused? I was too until, I decided this life of crime wasn’t so bad… I guess, I’ll explain myself.

My name is Delilah Marie Scott. 4 years ago, the Joker took me, after I killed 4 of Maroni’s men and 2 of Joke’s. Well I guess, I can’t really say took me, after all. However that is another part of the story. Now my death toll has risen exponentially but I think I should start at the beginning of the story... Well here it goes.

I graduated from Gotham High, at the ripe age of 17, and attended one of the most esteemed Universities in the country. I really enjoyed my time out of Gotham, I was hell bent on never coming back, but that didn’t really work out for me. When I graduated with my Bachelor’s in Psychology, I was forced to come back here, because of the death of my parents. It was gory, and brutal. They were mauled and brutally attacked while leaving a bar, in the Downtown Gotham area. The perpetrators allegedly mistook them as a different couple, but I didn’t believe that.
It was Maroni… It was always something with Maroni. He was out to get my family, and by God, he succeeded.

Alas I returned to Gotham, arranged the funeral and decided leaving was futile. My brother still lived here. I had to stay, just for the support and protection. He was only 18 at the time of their death and I was 22. We had always been pretty close. Though coming back was in vain, my brother has been missing for years, as I tell you this story.

Upon my return to Gotham, I was given a position at Arkham Asylum. My grades were exemplary in school, and they were ecstatic to offer me a position. I worked at Arkham for 6 months, before Maroni had sent men for me…

I sat alone in my house, enjoying my Ramen noodles while the evening news played across my TV screen. I watched as my patient wreaked havoc upon the city.

Yes, the Joker had been my patient in my Arkham, after the Batman hung him from a building and no, I was not madly in love with him, nor did I help him escape.

On with my story though, I sat there until I heard a bang on my front door, one so hard, it flew right off the hinges. I watched as the maroon door splintered into pieces, and sprayed across my foyer. I moved quickly and with precision, as I slide my hands underneath my wooden table that was situated in front of the couch. I finally came in contact with what I was looking for. My gun, it was Desert Eagle; beautiful really. Anyway. I pulled the gun and the holster out from under the table and placed it around my waist. I needed to be silent. Surprise would be my only friend.

I will answer your question now. Yes I am very well armed. I have been anticipating this day for a very long time. I own 4 different guns, and 6 sets of throwing knives. I am trained in hand-to-hand combat, and am also trained to be a skilled sniper. I really do relish my life, and I plan to keep it at all cost.

Continuing my original story. There were 4 men, all very nicely dressed with black hair and olive skinned. They spoke in thick Italian accents. I knew instantly they were Maroni’s men. One of the men, separated from the group to check my room for me, I followed quietly, I quickly removed a knife from my ankle holster, and tapped at the wall to catch his attention. As he turned to investigate, I threw the knife, it pierced through his eye and he died instantly. He hit the floor with a thud, I moved quickly to the middle of the room, climbing onto my bed and pulled myself up between the beams of the ceiling, as one of his friends came to figure out what had caused the noise. He entered the room slowly.

“Eyy Angelo” the man spoke in a big hearty accent. “Man, where did you go?”
I dropped silently to the ground, as he passed by underneath me, landing behind the man. I snuck up behind him, and dragged the bloodied knife across his throat. He made a slow gurgling noise, as the blood leaked out from him. I watched as his life, slowly drained from him onto my floor. At this point, I quickly dialed 911, and spoke quickly and quietly, giving all the necessary information to the police station. As I finished the call, the 3rd of Maroni’s men came stumbling into the room, alerted by my hushed whispered. He shot at me; I ducked at the last second. Grabbing a knife from the ankle holster, and whipping it fast, toward his face. It plunged into his chest. I quickly grabbed another, as the fourth and final man approached. I threw the knife, just as he walked through the door. It stuck into the wall, inches from his face.

“Shit..” I whispered and took off running toward the bathroom, as he shot at me. Once in the bathroom, I slammed and locked the door, retrieving a large hunting knife from under the sink. I listened closely as I heard the man make a call.
“Yeah Boss, It’s Me…. No, she is quite the handful. Angelo, Dino, and Michele are all dead… She’s hiding in the bathroom, like some scared little bitch… Don’t worry boss, I will take care of her.” I heard the click, as he shut his phone… Some bitch huh? I’ll show him. I kicked the door right open, slamming it into the man’s face. I screamed as I plunged the knife deep within his chest. He screamed in pain, as I broke through his breastbone and cut straight through him. The blood spurted all over my face. When the man finally stopped squirming, I got up off of him.

His phone began to vibrate in his pocket. I picked up the phone and looked at the caller ID “Boss”. I picked up the phone.
“Good Evening Maroni. How’re you on this fine evening? I hope better than your men.”
“Listen Bitch, I don’t know who you think you are—“
”Don’t Worry, You Will Soon.”
With that, I hung up the phone. A smug smile graced my lips.
Just then, my head shot up as the police finally came storming in.

“Better late than never Commissioner”
“Sorry, Ms. Scott”
“It’s not issue, I had things covered.”
“You are very… Welled armed for a young lady.. And very well trained.”
“Let’s just say, I take life and death very seriously. I refuse to go down without a fight.”
Gordon laughed nervously, and took down my story. Soon the bodies were removed. I stood on the front lawn, and watched as the cops and the ambulances drove away.

There across my street, stood a lone hooded figure. I looked at him. Obviously it was a male. He was tall, very well built. His hoodie was snug and there was no sign of boobs, so I was sure.
He waved at me very slowly. I smirked, and waved back with just a slight twitch to my hand and fingers. Giggling to myself, I turned and walked back into my house. Trying to decide whether or not, I should clean up all the blood tonight or tomorrow after work... Well the blood may stain the floor... Might as well do it tonight.
I trucked into the kitchen, to grab the ammonia and a scrub brush.
Well back to the grind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would really like to know what you think about this story!

More to come soon!