Status: Hiatus, for a bit

My Way Home Is Through You

Either way We're Staying

Adrenaline got carted off into a back room, leaving me with the rest of the men. I’d learned all their names now, though, so it wasn’t quite so bad.

“Your friend really seemed to want to push the fact that you had a bit of an imagination on you,” Jet Star said casually. I nodded.

“She said it’s one of the reasons we had to leave the city. I was more at risk for being completely drugged.”

“It’s not the same for everyone?” The Kobra kid asked, surprised.

“No, most people only get the pills to repress the bad feelings. If you’re a threat then everything gets numbed. I hear it’s kind of nice, but I really don’t want to find out. You must have left pretty early on if you didn’t know that.”

“Yeah, right after the Helium Wars, actually.”

Party Poison shuffled out of the same room he’d brought Adrenaline to and I immediately ran to see if she was okay, but he grabbed my shoulders before I passed him.

“Leave her. She’s fine. Get to bed.”

“Here! I’ll take you,” Fun Ghoul replied, dragging me through a different doorway. “You’re going to stay in here. See,” He gestured to a cot. “That one’s yours. Those two are mine and Kobra’s. Jet and Poison share and I guess Adrenaline will stay with them.”

She actually cried in front of them. That hadn’t happened in years and years. To do that, Adrenaline would either have to trust them slightly, or have completely lost it, both of which made me choose to listen to Party Poison and lie down. Without her I wouldn’t be able to get away, but if she trusted or could learn to trust them then maybe I wouldn’t have to leave again.