Status: Hiatus, for a bit

My Way Home Is Through You

Shot Down Chances

ADH had the pack which meant she had the guns. I could feel myself start to sweat despite the air conditioning as someone slammed the door open and at least three people started rooting around.

“No dice.” What a peculiar expression. “Looks like this place hasn’t been touched yet so there aren’t going to be any weapons lying around.”

I held my breath and pushed myself farther under the counter as one of them moved back to where Adrenaline had been right when we came in. They turned the tap and it squeaked horribly.

“Water supply is busted too. Let’s go Poison.” My eyes lit up. Killjoys! Real actual living and breathing killjoys. I could feel ADH glaring at me so I stayed still. As they left, we clambered out of our hiding spots.

“We could’ve gone with them,” I argued.

“We’re dressed like city drones. They would have shot us.”

“But they’re killjoys!”

“They’re strangers. Having a codename doesn’t make you a hero, Static. Here- look and see if there are any old coveralls in the back. That black gunk is starting to harden. I’ll try to get some stuff together so we don’t have to sleep on the tiles.”

I nodded slightly and headed into the back room. Mostly it was filled with paperwork. There were a few lockers though and a key ring on the desk. Like ADH thought there were some coveralls, and there were also some bandanas. They were stained all over with oil, but maybe they’d be useful.

“Good, good. Now if everything goes alright we can stay here for a long time so tomorrow I’m going out to look for more supplies.”

“What about me?”

“You stay here and watch what we already have.”