Status: Hiatus, for a bit

My Way Home Is Through You

The Difference Between Surviving and Living

After some thorough digging I was able to find some fire blankets as well as a guitar for entertainment. I giggled at the fact it was wrapped in one of the fire blankets and shoved in a closet. I came back to the front and started setting up our bed for the night behind the large counter.

"What's that?" Static pointed to the black guitar in my hand.

"A guitar, I was thinking of playing a song my mom taught me." I told as I carefully placed the surviving instrument on the wooden counter.

"Oh, cool can't wait." She yawned as she started to curl up under the makeshift bed.

I took this moment to change out of my gunk covered city drone clothes, and put on the coveralls. I shoved the door closed realizing I don't have to lock it anymore. I tossed my pair of coveralls on the metal rail and quickly pulled off the two tees that had been affected by the black goop, leaving on my clean bra and tank top. After I finally shimmied out of my shorts I put on the coverall tying the arms around my waist. I came out and took a seat on the counter,with Static watching intently I began strumming on the black guitar.

"Seems like everybody's got a price
I wonder how they sleep at night
When the sale comes first,
And the truth comes second,
Just stop for a minute and
Smile.

Why is everybody so serious?
Acting so damn mysterious
With shades on your eyes
And heels so high
That you can't even have a good
Time

Everybody look to their left
Everybody look to their right
Can you feel that?
Yeah
We're paying with love tonight

It's not about the money, money, money
We don't need your money, money, money
We just wanna make the world dance-"


I teared up a bit but Static was dead asleep so she didn't hear me cry. I wiped the tears away and tried to get as much sleep as I could before the sun rose. I have to keep my priorities right in order for us to survive.