Status: Hiatus, for a bit

My Way Home Is Through You

Hide and Seek

“Neon green?” Adrenaline hissed. “You just had to go for the brightest freaking color we had?”

“I was standing in front of some man wearing nothing but my underwear. I didn’t even choose them. He grabbed them and told me to put them on.”

We’d been riding in the car for ages. After the first couple of swerving turns, they stopped paying so much attention to us. It’s not like we could just jump out.

“So what, you changed and then passed out?”

“He pointed a gun at me!” I’d learned to deal with the enemy trying to kill me, but people who were supposed to be good doing it scared me.

“I was just doing it to make sure you wouldn’t run,” the offender who’d been referred to as Kobra replied. I huffed and turned away from him to look at Adrenaline who subtly mouthed the words

“I know where our guns are.”

I clapped excitedly before I could stop myself and the red haired one who’d grabbed Adrenaline glared at me from the rear view mirror.

“What?” He demanded.

My mouth opened and shut a few times trying to think of something that wouldn’t give anything away.
Adrenaline answered for me.

“Wild imagination. She gets lots of ideas and that’s usually a sign she’s thought of something.”

“Thought of something like what?”

“Anything, really. It’s usually a bunch of nonsense. You don’t need to worry about her,” She finished with a whisper leaning towards the redhead.

“So let’s hear your idea.” I hadn’t heard his name yet but his face was covered by a monster mask.

I stayed silent. They pressed on, all the way to the destination which turned out to be a rusting diner. When the doors opened we both started running. It was instinct at this point.

“Adrenaline my feet are burning,” I whined as it was finally deemed a far enough distance. “And we forgot to grab our guns.”

“We’ll get new ones. Take these.” She sighed, still trying to catch her breath as she passed me two bandanas. “Tie them around your feet.” I started to before we heard the sound of a car’s engine. That meant it was time to run again. Adrenaline grabbed her hair when the car we’d been forced into earlier cut us off. As we turned around a motorcycle blocked our other exit.

“There’s a reason killjoys wear bright clothing,” Kobra said, lifting the visor to his helmet. “So we can always find them.”